Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought he was really good that game.
He had that one brain fart where he kicked it against Toney but I really wish we would not do that routine when the opposition have like three players on the edge of our box.

But his passing for the most part was impressive and his one on one save was too. He stood up well and didn't commit
Yep. Agreed. That brain fart didn’t spoil the performance. Which is why I never get people using Allison’s occasional similar cock ups as evidence that he’s not a good keeper. I thought DDG generally passed the ball very well tonight so have no problem with one loose one.

Sylar

The one thing I wish he did was kick to the side when he's blasting it out. He always goes down the middle and it just about reaches the half way line, like his kick before the one on one.

Thought first half though his passing was really really good until the one that lead to their only chance. His first touch from malacias insane back pass was good too.

Yep. Agreed. That brain fart didn’t spoil the performance. Which is why I never get people using Allison’s occasional similar cock ups as evidence that he’s not a good keeper. I thought DDG generally passed the ball very well tonight so have no problem with one loose one.
Yeah an occasional loose one can happen to every keeper.

Longshanks

Good save, chance come straight from one of his trademark slow floaty goal kicks that i swear he just puts into midfield for opposition players to attack. But still good one on one save.

His distribution was a complete mixed bag, started quite well than got worse as the night went on. Far too many passes to noone and nowhere. Few good ones in there though aswell.

Got lucky with his brain fart kicking the ball straight against Toney.

Interesting to watch Raya tonight, so much more composed, confident and purposeful with his distribution, not flawless but just so confident and compleatly trusted by his teammates. What I would give for that with our no 1.

Based Adnan

Helped by the fact Brentfords press was a lot worse than Newcastles but distribution still poor. Almost a repeat of the DCL goal a few seasons back when he kicked it into Toney. Good save on the one v one.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good save, chance come straight from one of his trademark slow floaty goal kicks that i swear he just puts into midfield for opposition players to attack. But still good one on one save.

His distribution was a complete mixed bag, started quite well than got worse as the night went on. Far too many passes to noone and nowhere. Few good ones in there though aswell.

Got lucky with his brain fart kicking the ball straight against Toney.

Interesting to watch Raya tonight, so much more composed, confident and purposeful with his distribution, not flawless but just so confident and compleatly trusted by his teammates. What I would give for that with our no 1.
Raya's distribution as the game wore on got better and better. He hit two lovely pings in the 73rd (or it might have been the 74th minute), with either foot with fantastic technique and the correct weight and trajectory. He plays in a team that looks to go direct but I think he would improve further in a team that looks to build the play via shorter passes. I was quite impressed and he looks a very interesting keeper for a team that wants to develop a imposing play style.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Another good performance by Dave Save. Didn't really see anything special from Raya that screaming "need to buy".

arthurka

DDG again didn't have a clue where his opponent was and we were really lucky, plus he just kicks it all over the place. He isn't anywhere near good enough. Fine between the sticks but the rest has much to be desired.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
We all know De Gea is not the strongest passer of the ball, half the time we blame him and ignore our defenders role in it all.
He got passed a tricky ball and our left side of defence wasn’t positioned well enough but he gets called for cleaning a messy situation. You provide a poor passer the right outlet, they will distribute properly. I remember Barthez used to get a lot of stick for distribution errors but our defenders at the time also had the same issue. Passing from the back is a combination of the goalkeeper ability and outfield playermovement. The movement of our defenders/midfielders is rubbish.
I am gonna call out another observation here. We don’t have an Ivan Toney to receive long balls and when a pass similar to the one Sancho received is made, it gets ignored.

I don’t think his saves chances other goalkeepers can’t. This is an argument that started when LVG was here because we used any stick to flog the man. Funnily it was proven then a competent enough goalkeeper in our net will make the same saves but we needed to protect our own.

What he has over other goalkeepers at smaller clubs is the temperament to play for Manchester United. The ones that’ll match him are already at the big clubs, everyone else we will have to wait till they get here for us to see that part of their game. Man City and Liverpool are not Manchester United and their players are not doubted even at their best. The errors I have seen those two goalies make and we all ignore as it never happens is unbelievable.

His lack of bravado has been his problem since the day he got here. To play for us you need bravado to gain the trust of fans and respect of opposition or else your time here will be a nightmare.

Zetrio2002

Amazing. Yet another clean sheet and a win to help get into Top 4. Good performance!

gajender

We all know De Gea is not the strongest passer of the ball, half the time we blame him and ignore our defenders role in it all.
He got passed a tricky ball and our left side of defence wasn’t positioned well enough but he gets called for cleaning a messy situation. You provide a poor passer the right outlet, they will distribute properly. I remember Barthez used to get a lot of stick for distribution errors but our defenders at the time also had the same issue. Passing from the back is a combination of the goalkeeper ability and outfield playermovement. The movement of our defenders/midfielders is rubbish.
I am gonna call out another observation here. We don’t have an Ivan Toney to receive long balls and when a pass similar to the one Sancho received is made, it gets ignored.

I don’t think his saves chances other goalkeepers can’t. This is an argument that started when LVG was here because we used any stick to flog the man. Funnily it was proven then a competent enough goalkeeper in our net will make the same saves but we needed to protect our own.

What he has over other goalkeepers at smaller clubs is the temperament to play for Manchester United. The ones that’ll match him are already at the big clubs, everyone else we will have to wait till they get here for us to see that part of their game. Man City and Liverpool are not Manchester United and their players are not doubted even at their best. The errors I have seen those two goalies make and we all ignore as it never happens is unbelievable.

His lack of bravado has been his problem since the day he got here. To play for us you need bravado to gain the trust of fans and respect of opposition or else your time here will be a nightmare.
I have seen this mentioned several times on this forum but we have hardly been a top team during his time here , not a single proper league challenge since Sir Alex retired and barely made an impression in Champions league either can we definitively say he has the temperament to actually excel in truly Top team I have my doubts .

KikiDaKats

Supports
I have seen this mentioned several times on this forum but we have hardly been a top team during his time here , not a single proper league challenge since Sir Alex retired and barely made an impression in Champions league either can we definitively say he has the temperament to actually excel in truly Top team I have my doubts .
You don’t stop being Manchester United because you’ve not won the league. There is a reason journalists make a career out of report or spreading rumours about us. At United it’s about winning or underperforming.

Benchmark Club

Nero

Hope the guy at the other end laced De Gea's boots before kick off.

gajender

You don’t stop being Manchester United because you’ve not won the league. There is a reason journalists make a career out of report or spreading rumours about us. At United it’s about winning or underperforming.

Benchmark Club
My point was he has hardly been tested being part of team contesting for honours which would bring different kind of pressure , I just don't see De Gea excelling I actually have my doubts about his temperament and mentality .

KikiDaKats

Supports
My point was he has hardly been tested being part of team contesting for honours which would bring different kind of pressure , I just don't see De Gea excelling I actually have my doubts about his temperament and mentality .
I don’t know his mentality because I never sat down and have a conversation with the lad. His temperament is clear as daylight for all to see.

croadyman

Honestly feel that Erik is keeping him sweet until he can get replacement whether that's Raya/Costa/Maignan

KikiDaKats

Supports
Honestly feel that Erik is keeping him sweet until he can get replacement whether that's Raya/Costa/Maignan
Malignant is my choice there. Costa has not really impressed me but different environment brings out different things in football.

gajender

I hope that's the case because extending his contract would just mean nothing has changed at United .

Kostov

If Brentford scored the exact goal we did last night, you can bet your ass GK experts would be on here explaining how a proactive GK prevents that goal with ease. And yes I think that Raya is a solid enough GK himself.

Oranges038

He was decent, few dodgy kicks, there were several he just booted away under zero pressure. That is fecking annoying.

1 decent save, but milked the shite of it by rolling round on the ground after. Feck me just get up and be ready to deal with the next ball if it comes back. Then sit down if you are actually hurt, which he wasn't.

I have to say, I laughed when he decided to finally come for a corner and got totally out jumped by Varane even with his hands up.

Olecurls99

If Brentford scored the exact goal we did last night, you can bet your ass GK experts would be on here explaining how a proactive GK prevents that goal with ease. And yes I think that Raya is a solid enough GK himself.
Yeah, I reckon De Gea saves the goal we scored.

Raya has got better distribution but I'd much prefer my keeper to make the saves that matter.

Olecurls99

Did anyone notice Pope giving up a goal from a deep cross in his 6 yard box last night?

I. Was. Shocked.

Olecurls99

Yes. Keepers shouldnt come out of their line just so they dont concede from time to time I guess.
I was told on Sunday that he claims those crosses blindfolded and here we are on Thursday.

I watched it with a big grin on my face

Real Name

I was told on Sunday that he claims those crosses blindfolded and here we are on Thursday.

You were asked certain questions you skipped.
I guess you skipped those with a grin on your face as well.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wasn’t bad but I thought it was clear which team had the better keeper last night.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Yeh. It's like he purposely did that to make some people look silly. Then you also saw Raya passed it to opponent under no pressure. It's glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.