Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He was culpable in the first goal but his penalty save did wake his teammates up. He also made some nice saves afterwards.
Much less than Rashford though. But I agree, a more aggressive keeper might’ve come for that cross.

Sylar

Happy for him. Do wish he would have got a clean sheet for the final game
Nice penalty save

Alemar

He is now at 19% penalty save ratio for the career (not including penalty shoot outs).

BorisManUtd

Probably MotM because that penalty save was the game changer. If it goes all the way to penalties against City, hope that today's save will give him some confidence about that. Because vs Brighton he didn't even attempt to throw himself at at least half of the penalties.

Crashoutcassius

never was a great peno stopper. but more points won for us today. first goal doesn't look great but if you allow a point blank header 1.5 yards out hard to blame the keeper

SinNombre

He is now at 19% penalty save ratio for the career (not including penalty shoot outs).
That seems in line with the average. Where does the reputation of him not being able to save penalties come from then?

SinNombre

And this won’t be his last game. He will take a smaller deal and stay on as an excellent second choice.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That seems in line with the average. Where does the reputation of him not being able to save penalties come from then?
That number is already below average, and doesn't include the dozens he's conceded in shootouts.

SinNombre

That number is already below average, and doesn't include the dozens he's conceded in shootouts.
Penalties have an xG of 0.79 which means 21% are missed.

DDG is at 19% save which means he is conceding at 0.81 which is close enough to the average.

SinNombre

The spread of saves across his career is unusual.

Thanks.

So over his career, he is close to average and went from being one of the best at saving penalties to one of the worst.

It is extremely bizarre.

glasgow 21

I do wonder sometimes , how a penalty save to keep us in the game can turn into a De Gea slagging match.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Great servant and a true Man Utd legend. Hope I never have to watch him play another premier league game for us again though. Time is up.

Alemar

From 5 seasons in a row when he didn’t save a single penalty. Then he had 40% saved last season and 20% saved this year.

Arthur Albiston's perm

Maybe a victim of his reputation as a shot stopper with cat like reflexes doesn't help the perception.

Always thought Hendo would have been a top shoot out keeper - I would have brought him against Villarreal in ET just to pysch them out prior to the pens - plus he's a far more intimating guy.

Conor

Can't believe he wasted his pen save of the 2020s in this game.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I do think it is weird there have been no real contract extension updates. The final could be his last game - or maybe he's seeing can he get a better contract elsewhere before returning to sign with us with his tail between his legs.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Credit to him as he has been better recently apart from that howler. I do think that there is a good chance that he will stay

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I do wonder sometimes , how a penalty save to keep us in the game can turn into a De Gea slagging match.
I don't see any posts slagging him off in here after the game.

Good penalty save today. Liked his technique for it - he actually dove at it instead of just dropping towards the floor.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How much would you be willing to pay for a back up keeper, 100k? Ddg won’t accept that.
He should not be our 1st choice and hence goodbye
I have been one of his harshest critics in this thread but frankly there are so many places we need upgrades at plus with the uncertainty around the club I have resigned to the fact that he might be first choice next season

Matson

He's done a decent job and credit to him for having a good end to the season. I still think we need to move him on though. We need a more commanding presence in goal and someone who is going to come for crosses more. Make the defence feel more comfortable. I'm not sure ddg does that.

lex talionis

Don’t forget the more profound indictment against De Gea, that his passing deficiencies out of the back have caused Martial, Sancho and Antony — possibly Weghorst as well although I haven’t that post yet — to miss clear cut chances on goal.

Any keeper who causes our forwards to shit their pants when through on goal must be gotten rid of, though it might be going too far to burn any remaining shirts in inventory at the Megastore.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Jesus Christ. When Micah Richards mentioned the POY awards from a few years ago, would it kill Keano to just say "yes, he was fantastic a few years ago but he's declined since then" instead of doubling down on his permanent disdain towards De Gea. It almost feels like Sky are encouraging him to do a caricature of himself at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.