Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Part of goalkeeping is also organising your defence though, and he is horrible at that and has been for years.

For Ajax this was a big issue in the second half of the season when Pasveer got injured and Onana took over. It makes a huge difference.
Not one element of United's team has shown any organisiation or willingness to be organised in years. . There are defensive coaches too, not all of that is on the keeper.

Remember the geese

He wasn't great, but he got zero help. I'm not sure anyone is saying he's blameless, but the shouts of'coward' and 'fraud' are ridiculous, and ruining the forum imo.
Ruining the forum is a bit much. He does exhibit a reluctance in certain situations, so you can understand the frustration. We can try to mask his flaws as best we can, but they will cost us from time to time.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Ruining the forum is a bit much. He does exhibit a reluctance in certain situations, so you can understand the frustration. We can try to mask his flaws as best we can, but they will cost us from time to time.
We're all frustrated. Inarticulate wild insulting knee jerking ruins discussion, these are discussion boards, not YouTube comments sections.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He wasn't great, but he got zero help. I'm not sure anyone is saying he's blameless, but the shouts of'coward' and 'fraud' are ridiculous, and ruining the forum imo.
Could definitely do with less name-calling of players generally.

CloneMC16

He did exactly what we expect him to do from that corner. Rubbish. I refuse to believe ETH will build this team with him in it past this season.

Remember the geese

We're all frustrated. Inarticulate wild insulting knee jerking ruins discussion, these are discussion boards, not YouTube comments sections.
I imagine posters are sick of seeing the same flaws exposed and it is to be expected that responses will be a little less considered in the heat of the moment. They aren't technical flaws from De Gea, but an issue of mentality. It is a valid argument.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
A corner kick that is swung in 3 yards in the middle of goal and De Gea is standing on his goal line. Even the best headers of the ball will lose 3 out of 10 heading duels so you need a strong and brave keeper who is going to make that 6 yard box his own. Like it or not, we are going to see corners put into that area all year because teams know how week De Gea is at commanding his box...

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Could definitely do with less name-calling of players generally.
I think so.

I imagine posters are sick of seeing the same flaws exposed and it is to be expected that responses will be a little less considered in the heat of the moment. They aren't technical flaws from De Gea, but an issue of mentality. It is a valid argument.
We all sick of sub par United. My point is not against any argument pro or against. but knee jerk abuse. I'm nor saying don't analyse or criticise our players. That we can engage with and discuss.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's childish but holy shit this is appalling

Part of goalkeeping is also organising your defence though, and he is horrible at that and has been for years.

For Ajax this was a big issue in the second half of the season when Pasveer got injured and Onana took over. It makes a huge difference.
I thought Onana was a great keeper? What happened to him?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not one element of United's team has shown any organisiation or willingness to be organised in years. . There are defensive coaches too, not all of that is on the keeper.
Well Henderson does it a lot better than de Gea, as did Romero. De Gea is just awful at it, one of the reasons why he doesnt even get a call up from the national team anymore whilst we persist with him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I thought Onana was a great keeper? What happened to him?
He was, after the doping situation he has lost any respect of the fans and I'm sure the team as well. He has been a tw*t about it, and his form suffered as well. He was absolutely rubbish when he came back and cost Ajax in the league and mainly the CL.

Idxomer

I still believe he should've been one of the first players told he had no place in the starting lineup.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Well Henderson does it a lot better than de Gea, as did Romero. De Gea is just awful at it, one of the reasons why he doesnt even get a call up from the national team anymore whilst we persist with him.
Maybe, in the 13 times Henderson played for us and the 7 times Romero did maybe they weren't challenged as much as Dea Gea was in his almost 400 appearances? And as i didn't follow the careers of our sub goalies outside United, I have to defer to your superior knowledge.

CloneMC16

Not sure why the pass to AWB is in there, but the rest...

350K for this.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
This guy will cost us points this season.

He WAS great for us for a few years but he's been on a very noticeable decline since.

We really should be looking at a new number 1.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Like Dave but sometimes I remember that he's a big metal fan and wonder if he's ever actually ventured into a mosh pit in his life.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Maybe, in the 13 times Henderson played for us and the 7 times Romero did maybe they weren't challenged as much as Dea Gea was in his almost 400 appearances? And as i didn't follow the careers of our sub goalies outside United, I have to defer to your superior knowledge.
Romero played for us 7 times? Come on?

It speaks so much how De Gea has lost his place to average Spanish keepers.

arthurka

He has been nothing short of the same shit this tour. We will never go anywhere with him in goal every single team will use his weaknesses to their gain. Heaton would have gotten this I am pretty sure of that.

JB7

Missed the last 15 minutes. Absolutely shocked to see De Gea terrified of the ball yet again. Only one more year to go of this shite until we get a proper goalkeeper thank god.

phelans shorts

This is just a lie. Romero was a great shot stopper but was absolutely catastrophic when he was first choice. Henderson also wasn’t particularly good at this, and was far worse than De Gea at De Gea’s strong points, hence De Gea being clear first choice once he got back in.

It’s ok to say that De Gea isn’t the answer, but throwing in lies like Henderson and Romero being better just cuts the legs from under whatever point you’re trying to make.
350K for this.
Given how prominent a talking point the squad wide 25% pay cut has been in recent weeks, it’s actually impressive that folk still spout this shite.

Mcking

Let's see how Martinez does when he arrives. Probably going to be another defender that underperforms, and another season that will end with a poor defensive record. Hope Ten Hag is the magician he is been made out to be.

Caesar2290

This is just a lie. Romero was a great shot stopper but was absolutely catastrophic when he was first choice. Henderson also wasn’t particularly good at this, and was far worse than De Gea at De Gea’s strong points, hence De Gea being clear first choice once he got back in.
Poor memory much? DDG lost his starting place to Henderson at the beginning of last season. If it wasn't for Covid, Henderson would have been our starting GK last year.

Also, what are his strong points again? Reflexes and that's it? Is he good at claiming crosses? 1 vs 1? Penalties? Organizing the defense or any of the stuff your average PL GK is supposed to be doing? Speaks volumes when the Spanish NT coach won't toach him with a 50ft pole. But sure, Henderson is far far worse because he doesn't pull off the occasional Hollywood save. :rolleyes:

phelans shorts

Poor memory much? DDG lost his starting place to Henderson at the beginning of last season. If it wasn't for Covid, Henderson would have been our starting GK last year.

Also, what are his strong points again? Reflexes and that's it? Is he good at claiming crosses? 1 vs 1? Penalties? Organizing the defense or any of the stuff your average PL GK is supposed to be doing? Speaks volumes when the Spanish NT coach won't toach him with a 50ft pole. But sure, Henderson is far far worse because he doesn't pull off the occasional Hollywood save. :rolleyes:
My memory is very clear, hence the bit that you bolder saying “once he got back in”. Maybe your selective reading didn’t help though.

As an all round goalkeeper De Gea is easily clear of Henderson. This isn’t even a particularly glowing endorsement of De Gea either, Romero (who I loved) was massively flawed and Henderson is a mid table keeper at very best. As evidenced by the England manager not touching him with a 100ft pole.

Caesar2290

My memory is very clear, hence the bit that you bolder saying “once he got back in”. Maybe your selective reading didn’t help though.

As an all round goalkeeper De Gea is easily clear of Henderson. This isn’t even a particularly glowing endorsement of De Gea either, Romero (who I loved) was massively flawed and Henderson is a mid table keeper at very best. As evidenced by the England manager not touching him with a 100ft pole.
Southgate like to play people who play consistently for their club. Hard to do that when Henderson plays 2 matches here and 3 matches there.

On the occasion when he started playing regularly, towards the end of 2020/21 season our defense looked much more solid and our CBs looked way more comfortable playing in a highline.

As for the fact that Henderson is midtable at best is irrelevant, because De Gea is worse. You want to tell me of a midtable club where DDG would be an automatic starter?

Also you seemed to have dodged the question: but what is exactly DDG better than Henderson at? Reflexes aside(on current form there is not much between them), name me one thing where DDG is clearly better than Henderson. Just 1.

CarbonStoolBites

Terrible goal to concede, no clue what he was trying to do there on the corner.
Its clear that we’ll need an upgrade when we’re ready to compete for the league, however he’ll do for now, can’t replace the entire squad in one transfer window.

Some of the disrespect towards him here is mind boggling, safe to say we wouldn’t be finishing top 4 once since SAF retired without him in goal, with the garbage outdated counter attacking football we’ve been playing for the vast majority of it.
Our entire plan lived and died on De Gea playing blinders and someone in attack somehow scoring a goal.

David De Gea literally had to make more world class saves in single matches on a weekly basis, for years, than Schmeichel or VDS had to make in entire seasons.

daveskimufc

It's childish but holy shit this is appalling

I had only seen the usual angle for this goal before. This is awful. And his poor handling for the goal vs Palace in the week was worrying.

I hope we are not going to have another terrible de gea season. I wonder what eth thoughts are regarding Heaton

Counterfactual

After seeing that I had a vision of Peter Schmeichel clearing out attackers, defenders and everything else to claim that ball, and then screaming at everyone just because.

Idxomer

Terrible goal to concede, no clue what he was trying to do there on the corner.
Its clear that we’ll need an upgrade when we’re ready to compete for the league, however he’ll do for now, can’t replace the entire squad in one transfer window.

Some of the disrespect towards him here is mind boggling, safe to say we wouldn’t be finishing top 4 once since SAF retired without him in goal, with the garbage outdated counter attacking football we’ve been playing for the vast majority of it.
Our entire plan lived and died on De Gea playing blinders and someone in attack somehow scoring a goal.

David De Gea literally had to make more world class saves in single matches on a weekly basis, for years, than Schmeichel or VDS had to make in entire seasons.
That was somewhat true between 2014 and 2018 but since then he has been declining. He has been costing the team a lot of points in the last 4 years apart from a purple patch last season. The team also did finish 2nd in 20/21 when he missed a significant number of games.

Lights Out

He’s the player I’d like to be replaced above anybody else. And, yes, I’m including McFred in that.

He’s been awful since the fax machine broke.

Sylar

GK is huge part of the spine. We need that corrected and I will be surprised if he's here start of next season (it's a big failure if he is)

I also laugh when I think of him Vs arsenal when Carrick was In charge and he just went down with his back to the play trying to win a free kick.

A keeper has sooo many advantages and protection in the penalty area and he doesn't take advantage of it at all

allen7

Must improve otherwise henderson transfer will prove to be a costly mistake for us.

I don’t want him to be Allison or Ederson style keeper, I just simply want to command the 6 yard box which any keeper should. Those are basics.

fallengt

New system will expose him. 1 year left in his contract. I hope the board don't rush it and reward him another mega contract.
ETH should have the final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.