Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetrio2002

De gea needs to learn from Sergio Romero's situation. Nothing wrong with being no 2 in the future. If he left on a free, he may end up like Romero. No club wants to sign him for huge fee and ended up joining a weak club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why do people take criticism against their favourite players personally? I never understand that

You can see flaws and comment on it without having an agenda or a hater.
Indeed. De Gea is my favourite player at the club, but it doesn't mean the problems he causes aren't there. Nor does pointing them out make you a De Gea-hater.

He just straight-up isn't good at quite a few relatively important aspects of goalkeeping.

Oranges038

Why do people take criticism against their favourite players personally? I never understand that

You can see flaws and comment on it without having an agenda or a hater.
Because you are either a fanboy or a hater with an agenda. That's how it works now if you praise or criticise a player.

Trequartistry

Most of the De Gea haters are obviously agenda-driven because anything else doesn't make sense. If ten Hag was planning to move him on, he would have given him some indication, especially whilst negotiating the new contract as they are usually based on certain assurances.

De Gea isn't signing a new contract to be a #2. And all this moaning about him when we are still in 4 comps and probably playing the best team football since Sir Alex is just nonsense.
So is this where it ends, because we’re in all 4 competitions and playing good football we don’t need to improve? I’m not sure if you’ve ever noticed but many times we’ve tried to build from the back but De Gea would prevent that from happening with a stupid pass or not even able to stop their crosses to allow us to attack, but I guess since we’re playing good football and in all 4 competitions there’s no need to improve right?

Handré1990

Indeed. De Gea is my favourite player at the club, but it doesn't mean the problems he causes aren't there. Nor does pointing them out make you a De Gea-hater.

He just straight-up isn't good at quite a few relatively important aspects of goalkeeping.
Exactly this! He has two (one?) major flaw which I’ll never see him improve, his commanding of the box (he’s allowed to use his hands and has a lot more leeway in duels as we’ve witnessed literally thousand of times with keepers who come out and command their area).

Also, purely of academic interest, how many counter attacking chances ang goals against could’ve been avoided if someone just let the lad know he’s allowed to cross over his own 18 yard line..

Other then that, probably our best player overall since SAF, and one of the best shot-stoppers and reactions I’ve ever seen.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So is this where it ends, because we’re in all 4 competitions and playing good football we don’t need to improve? I’m not sure if you’ve ever noticed but many times we’ve tried to build from the back but De Gea would prevent that from happening with a stupid pass or not even able to stop their crosses to allow us to attack, but I guess since we’re playing good football and in all 4 competitions there’s no need to improve right?
Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement. We don't have any god-given right to anything so yeah as long as we're playing good football and competing to win every competition, what more could you ask for?

Trequartistry

Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement. We don't have any god-given right to anything so yeah as long as we're playing good football and competing to win every competition, what more could you ask for?
Well luckily we have top players scattered across the team where it would be hard to improve - De Gea is statistically one of the worst keepers in the league

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well luckily we have top players scattered across the team where it would be hard to improve - De Gea is statistically one of the worst keepers in the league
Yeah well we're playing very well, in the first final of the season, pretty safe in top 4 and a couple of games from actually challenging for the title, going well in the FA Cup and just have Barcelona to overcome for a good Europa League run, 13 OT wins on the bounce. De Gea has played a big part in that success.

You'd have to be some really miserable fecker to still have something to whine about. You could argue that Casemiro is one of the worst players to have in your team with the amount of suspensions he's picked up. How many points could he have cost us compared to De Gea? You can throw your dumb statistics around as much as you like.

JB7

Yeah well we're playing very well, in the first final of the season, pretty safe in top 4 and a couple of games from actually challenging for the title, going well in the FA Cup and just have Barcelona to overcome for a good Europa League run, 13 OT wins on the bounce. De Gea has played a big part in that success.

You'd have to be some really miserable fecker to still have something to whine about. You could argue that Casemiro is one of the worst players to have in your team with the amount of suspensions he's picked up. How many points could he have cost us compared to De Gea? You can throw your dumb statistics around as much as you like.
You do remember that you literally just said "Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement"? Surely you don't believe De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think very few would argue he's perfect but there's so much shit talked in here about his faults, practically none about his strengths. The thing I love about us at the moment is the huge value put on the collective. Everyone is contributing on and off the field and he's a big part of that. Ten Hag speaks glowing of him, his teammates love him, Martinez and Varane seem to love playing in front of him....I mean was he not supposed to be a big part of the shitness of Harry and Victor in the last couple of seasons? But no part of the revival? Credit where it's due. Keep on keeping on, Dave.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You do remember that you literally just said "Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement"? Surely you don't believe De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world?
Read it again and come back to me...

Trequartistry

I think very few would argue he's perfect but there's so much shit talked in here about his faults, practically none about his strengths. The thing I love about us at the moment is the huge value put on the collective. Everyone is contributing on and off the field and he's a big part of that. Ten Hag speaks glowing of him, his teammates love him, Martinez and Varane seem to love playing in front of him....I mean was he not supposed to be a big part of the shitness of Harry and Victor in the last couple of seasons? But no part of the revival? Credit where it's due. Keep on keeping on, Dave.
Because his strengths don’t make him special, his strengths are just a norm for other goalkeepers. I’m not going to praise someone like Martial for his strength which is arguably finishing when in comparison to other players in his postion they’re finishing is just substantially better

JB7

No I didn't. :lol: Feck me.
You're arguing with people saying De Gea should be improved upon, yet you yourself have conceded that "Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement".

So you either think he can be improved upon or you think he's the best in the world, no?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Because his strengths don’t make him special, his strengths are just a norm for other goalkeepers. I’m not going to praise someone like Martial for his strength which is arguably finishing when in comparison to other players in his postion they’re finishing is just substantially better
Gotcha. I understand I'm slightly antiquated but your implication is that we leave Dave's shot stopping out of the conversation? Other premier league goalkeepers are substantially better in that regard? I feel he's been exceptional in that area this season, back to his best and better than any other keeper in the league this year. I bid you adieu before I'm drowned beneath a wave of stats than prove he's an incapable clown.

JB7

Gotcha. I understand I'm slightly antiquated but your implication is that we leave Dave's shot stopping out of the conversation? Other premier league goalkeepers are substantially better in that regard? I feel he's been exceptional in that area this season, back to his best and better than any other keeper in the league this year. I bid you adieu before I'm drowned beneath a wave of stats than prove he's an incapable clown.
Stats have been done to death but De Gea at his supposed shot stopping best isn't allowing the first two goals at Villa, Saka's goal at Arsenal (and at home actually IIRC), Iwobi's goal at Everton, Coady's goal at Old Trafford to name a few off the top of my head? And that's without even looking at the City, Brentford, Brighton debacles. He's definitely not been close to his best in any facet of his game.

Kag

Sooner we bin this useless fecker the better. He had sod all to do tonight and couldn’t even manage that.

Him being a raging fecking fanny played a part in both goals, yet we’ll hear from the same wankers streaming in to defend him as usual. Get in the bin.

Oranges038

Not directly at fault for two goals.

But played his part.

Once again if he catches that corner instead of swatting at it like fly, the ball doesn't come back in for the og.

Gaidal

Good shot for the first goal, but considering the one thin he is suppossed to be able to do is save shots, he needs to save that.

Pathetic punch just before the second goal as well.

Kag

Not directly at fault for two goals.

But played his part.

Once again if he catches that corner instead of swatting at it like fly, the ball doesn't come back in for the og.
But he makes saves.

But it was Garnacho and Varane who should have done better.

Get ready for that same shite.

It’s difficult to put into words just how much of a problem he is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nothing he could do with the actual finishes on either goal.

But hardly looked good enough in possession in the lead up to the first. And when you have one of the worst goalkeepers in Europe in terms of claiming crosses, it tends to lead to chances like the second.

All that "less important than shotstopping" shit adds up.

Pickle85

You're arguing with people saying De Gea should be improved upon, yet you yourself have conceded that "Unless we're fielding the best player in the world in every position, there will always be room for improvement".

So you either think he can be improved upon or you think he's the best in the world, no?
There's a difference between 'should' and 'could', no? What the poster said ('unless we're fielding the best... etc') is what you quoted, which I presume you can't disagree with?

It's disingenuous to imply, as you are, that the poster is suggesting that he can't be improved on. Where did they say that?

Idxomer

Another season where he will concede more than 40 goals.

It's shocking how awful he's at most aspects of goalkeeping.

Longshanks

First goal should be stopped by a keeper who is meant to be such a world class shot stopper.

Second is Frankly embarrassing, it's in the bread basket and he pushes at it like an 8yo. Dosent really cover himself in glory with his positioning either for the goal itself but was had off by the unlucky deflection so not gonna hold it against him to much. But the pathetic flap from the corner, I mean at least he came for it I suppose.

Oranges038

But he makes saves.

But it was Garnacho and Varane who should have done better.

Get ready for that same shite.

It’s difficult to put into words just how much of a problem he is.
I've had enough of It. Can't keep trying to explain it people who only watch YouTube highlight reels.

The amount of pressure a solid keeper who claims those balls can relieve is untold. But, when you are not used to seeing a keeper doing it, you don't understand it.

We used to laugh at flappy keepers or keepers who would punch the ball away. Now we're looking at one every week and being told he's world class and all these gowls will defend him to the death because he was good 5 years ago.

I know blaming the first one on him would be very harsh, and I'm generally of the opinion that the criticism towards DDG is over the top, but I swear he gets beaten by that exact shot more than any goalkeeper I've seen. Not knowledgable enough about GK technique to pinpoint where the issue is but as soon as Gnonto stepped inside I knew what was going to happen.

Sylar

I don't rate Leeds goalkeeper but at the end when he just claimed that cross and made it his and killed any chance for us was something ddg can't do. Ddg flaps at crosses that aren't floated high into the six yard box.

JB7

There's a difference between 'should' and 'could', no? What the poster said ('unless we're fielding the best... etc') is what you quoted, which I presume you can't disagree with?

It's disingenuous to imply, as you are, that the poster is suggesting that he can't be improved on. Where did they say that?
Imagine coming to this thread after that fecking shitshow to nitpick about the clown. Anyone still defending him needs their head inspecting.

CloneMC16

Catch a cross for once in your life. This has been his biggest flaw since he first arrived and he's never improved.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Don't want to pile on but his weaknesses are so obvious it's hard to have any sympathy for United fans who still want him as our number 1 next season. We can and must do better.

Pickle85

Imagine coming to this thread after that fecking shitshow to nitpick about the clown. Anyone still defending him needs their head inspecting.
So you agree with my post? Nice distraction technique.

Olecurls99

:lol:

De Gea haters desperately trying to blame him for every goal always cheers me up

Status
Not open for further replies.