Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajds89

Has cost us points yet again but it’s okay because we don’t need a new keeper according to so many. Get him gone, long overstayed his welcome.

Castia

Even taking away the howler he’s dropped today his kicking alone is enough to be replaced it’s useless

An attacking team who want to play on the front foot can’t afford a keeper who smashes the ball long it goes completely against the style of play. Absolutely pointless

Contract shouldn’t be renewed and along with a striker this should be a priority position

Oranges038

Pathetic.

Should be dropped for the rest of the season and booted out the door.

Gaidal

So will it be another season that De Gea kills our top 4?
  • One gifted goal
  • One goal where he lost a duel even though he can use his hands (even if its a foul he should be winning that easy)
  • One goal called off for offside where it all started from him dropping a cross
As well as numerous other crosses he just stood and watched as well as passing straight to West Ham.

Reactions: Fortitude

klayton88

Never a bigger coward play for this club. Zero presence in his 6 yard box let alone the 18 yard

always_hoping

Gifted the three points to West Ham. No more excuses or people trying to defend him, needs to be shipped out this summer.

Boneli

Great servant that he has been, he has to go. He just crumbles in every pressure game. It’s like playing with one hand tied behind your back as you just can’t rely on him to do the basics any more.

Wilt

£54,000 per fecking day ….think about that next time you look at your pay cheque

eire-red

As if we needed a reminder where our major problems lie. At the bottom and the top of the team.

Giggs' right foot

Was very, very lucky to not be at fault for three goals.

Absolute fanny when the ball is in the air. There can't be another keeper in the top five leagues of Europe who is as weak as he is. There's no point even saying anything about the actual goal.
It's not just when the ball is in the air - I swear it's the most minor touches with opponents/posts that can make that man lie on the floor for fecking decades. Cannot fathom how he isn't targeted physically every single game we play, he can't fecking push aside a balloon.

soapythecat

When’s his contract up? Another season of him would be a disaster. He’s cost us so many points this season - more than he’s saved us I reckon. Can’t distribute in a team that wants to play out from the back - surely the club won’t give him a contract?

fallengt

He's always shit when we don't have backup keeper to challenge for his spot. Dean, Romero filled that role

King Eric 7

If he's not even good enough to be our No. 2 keeper, it's time for us to move him on.

el3mel

Sad ending but time to go. He was playing for the opposition at the moment, as if he's effectively trying to lose us the game. He's done at this level of football.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's over. It's absolutely done.

I loved a certain version of this goalkeeper, but this version of him is not a Premier League standard GK anymore.

If the renewal remains on the table, it's clear and obvious that the club sees itself as one which can achieve top 4 at best.

Manny

Grammar Police
I think everyone should be able to see it now. We need to be move on from him.

atkar83

I get it he will get the blame for his horrible blunder and it is deserved but even if he does that it doesn't excuse the rest of our players sleepwalking across the pitch.
We had like 5 chances before that goal and maybe 1 or 2 after. It affected everything. And he has another bad goal in him next match. When it rains it pours for him when his confidence is gone

slored1

Been saying Henderson should play over him since 2020. Terrible keeper.

KjaAnd

Anyone on here still willing to defend him? He's a terrible keeper. By eye test and when you look at various metrics. He's also one of the best paid players in the world. The incompetence of this club knows no boundaries. Any other top club in the world would have binned him long ago.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We might as well not bother if he's starting next season.

SER19

He shouldnt play again this season. There is simply no way Butland would convey such nerves to the rest of the team

Milo2035

Not the first time he singlehandedly blows our top 4 chance in recent years.

united for life

ETH has made some big decisions since joining. It’s time to take a decision here. De gea has to go. Forget this contract extension business. Good servant to the club, but i can not see us safe with him in goal. He has to go

Sgreddevil

He has to be dropped immediately. Just use our backup GK for the remaining games. I don't think we will fare much worse.
Our opponents are taking advantage of his weaknesses. You can see our opponents have been using the same tactics on us. Either force him to make a wrong pass by pressing him high up or deliver a cross into our 6 yard box knowing 99% of the time he will not collect it. Can't ETH see that at all?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There is a recurring theme with him and it’s fecking up when there’s a lot on the line.

I think the contract is basically done so he better be number 2 next season.

edgecutter

Any other player that makes that mistake would be benched, but at United you get offered 200k a week

drdoityourself

We have Henderson if that budget situation is as low as reported. Just let him go in the summer. So weak in so many aspects of modern day goalkeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.