David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I absolutely hated his stint at United and all the talking he did afterwards about time. He has been extremely arrogant in interviews and he definitely did set the club back and put us on the wrong course after Ferguson. He ruined the chance of any continuity.

But it’s hard not to feel happy for him and the west ham fans tonight. It’s a great result and a fantastic achievement from them. They deserve it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Jeez you really are a dog with a bone aren't you? Why so much hate for him? It's been 10 years, let it go!
He’s a cock…I’ve no need to do anything other than think that. I don’t have to say he’s done well. It’s his level, yet he’s still adamant that United do him wrong.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Funny how the only two managers to have won it are Mourinho and Moyes. Happy for the man, it was not his fault that he was thrown into the deep end at United - better managers than him and have come and failed after.

Also gets West Ham Europa League football next year - that'll help them in the transfer window for replacing the Rice money.

Jezpeza

Well done Moyes and West Ham.

Big job to be done there this summer - Rice is going and Fabianski, Cresswell, Ogbonna and Antonio are ageing out. All players that have been effective and consistent for them and cost peanuts. Need to spend wisely as they didn’t have a great league campaign and its Thursday nights again next year.

sepulturite

He’s a cock…I’ve no need to do anything other than think that. I don’t have to say he’s done well. It’s his level, yet he’s still adamant that United do him wrong.
Oh jesus I'm not even his biggest fan myself, but cry me a river :rolleyes:

Oscar Bonavena

Well done Moyes and West Ham.

Big job to be done there this summer - Rice is going and Fabianski, Cresswell, Ogbonna and Antonio are ageing out. All players that have been effective and consistent for them and cost peanuts. Need to spend wisely as they didn’t have a great league campaign and its Thursday nights again next year.
I think they could be fighting relegation again next year if they don't recruit well. CL clubs might be sniffing around Pacqueta too.

Oscar Bonavena

I absolutely hated his stint at United and all the talking he did afterwards about time. He has been extremely arrogant in interviews and he definitely did set the club back and put us on the wrong course after Ferguson. He ruined the chance of any continuity.

But it’s hard not to feel happy for him and the west ham fans tonight. It’s a great result and a fantastic achievement from them. They deserve it.
I think he was the wrong appointment for United, too safe, too conservative, too uninspiring, all of that.

But I think the success of Ferguson papered over a lot of cracks behind the scenes at the club that only became apparent after he retired. I certainly wouldn't blame him for the decline since Fergie retired, I think any manager in the world would have struggled in the circumstances.

Lost bear

I’m afraid it may seem churlish, particularly amongst all the ‘happy for him’ posts, but I agree with you. Can’t stand the guy personally, and I thought West Ham were lucky to win it.

Jam

Don’t like West Ham, don’t like Moyes. It’s a real shame.

lex talionis

A shame we let Moyes go when we did. Three more seasons and he would have sorted it all out.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, that could have been us lifting the Europa League Conference trophy last night, if only we had more patience.
With probably only a few posters left in the Caf, as the rest would be banned for years of profanity infractions.

stevoc

Yes, he shouldn't have done it, and as I've already said he was out of his depth at United.

But the assertion was that he "set the club back a decade". That's absurd and absolutely false.
So how long did he set United back then?

A decade is absurd but if you were to say his appointment and decisions while in the job had no lasting negative affect. Then honestly that's equally absurd.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So how long did he set United back then?

A decade is absurd but if you were to say his appointment and decisions while in the job had no lasting negative affect. Then honestly that's equally absurd.
At a stretch, two years. The year he was in charge and the following year when we were out of European competitions.

We've seen top clubs frequently hire unqualified managers: Kovac at Bayern, Setien at Barca, AVB at Chelsea, Lopetegui at Real, etc. None of these managers ever do any lasting damage, and the clubs usually bounce back quickly after sacking the manager.

The truly damaging decisions that were taken at United over the past decade - hemorrhaging money on crap signings without an overarching plan for the squad, handing out massive contracts like candy, failing to invest in supporting infrastructure, sidelining the club's scouts, jumping from manager to manager without a cohesive, consistent philosophy or style of play (resulting in a mish-mash squad that's not fit for purpose) - were all actions taken by Woodward and, by extension, the Glazers.