David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Nick7

Does that mean Chelsea are officially the worst Premier League team in London this season?

hmchan

Ta.

Fighting relegation all year then ultimately ending up winning a trophy and with better European competition than achieved prior is a very funny season. Turned it all round right at the end.
West Ham were in the Europa League semi last season.

Paul_Scholes18

He was shite for us, but done a great job for West Ham. That job suits him having a mid table team and the occational cup runs for trophies. I think though Ten Haag could improve and be right for us even if we had so many shitty games under him too and mainly won the league cup due to easy opponents and City going out to Southampton.

LawmanMan

This is the level of the guy. This is the level of trophy he’s capable of achieving. Fair fecks he got one but it’s taken long enough.

Watching him dancing away to this makes me shudder at how we ever employed him. Set us back a decade.
How? He left the same squad as hestarted with plus Fellaini and Mata.

Its not his fault he had to work with the worst CEO in football. He was screwed over by having to start his stint here with a rookie, chinless, gormless boss.

It was”megacoach” Louis Van Gaal that took a chainsaw to the squad and spent a fortune.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
West Ham were in the Europa League semi last season.
My point is that they have ultimately come out rosier from this very bad season than last year's much praised one.

Thiagoal

Considering how abysmal he was for United, I’m actually really chuffed for him! A top bloke that gave his all but just wasn’t good enough at the top table

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How? He left the same squad as hestarted with plus Fellaini and Mata.

Its not his fault he had to work with the worst CEO in football. He was screwed over by having to start his stint here with a rookie, chinless, gormless boss.

It was”megacoach” Louis Van Gaal that took a chainsaw to the squad and spent a fortune.
One third rate trophy win in a year where he was lucky not to get relegated, and we've got real, live David Moyes apologists on here 15 minutes later. :lol:

Abraxas

It's a long old career he's had to win feck all at the top levels of football. In some way it's nice to see that consistency and love for the game get rewarded. He's a bit of a tool at times, and obviously he's proven not to be a top level manager, but it's still pretty hard to begrudge him a little bit of success.

It's definitely rescued what was a poor season for them as well. Continues a very good record at West Ham.

mu4c_20le

Happy for him… His career deserves some recognition.
Serious question...why? He was always the guy who did pretty well with Everton playing defensive football. The problem for me is that he was actually quite arrogant and smug when he got the job.

el3mel

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by how some of our fans hate watching our ex managers or players achieve any kind of success after leaving United.

He has done an incredible job with WHU and how he made a comeback after United ruined his reputation is nothing short of brilliant. He looked dead and buried after his spells with Sociedad and Sunderland but now he has reached EL semi final last year followed by winning ECL this year with WHU, and kept WHU in the league along the way. He has discovered himself and regained his reputation again which is just great to see.

Watching him celebrating that much made me happy. Congratulations for him and hope he enjoys such night as much as he can.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’m happy for him, to be honest. Sure he was crap for us, but frankly the job was simply beyond him. Not really his fault; that’s on those who decided he was the man for us. Can’t blame him for taking the job, as any ambitious manager would do.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Serious question...why? He was always the guy who did pretty well with Everton playing defensive football. The problem for me is that he was actually quite arrogant and smug when he got the job.
He made some catastrophic mistakes but it wasn’t for his will of trying or being arrogant / smug in my opinion. He tried to do what he knew - which just wasn’t right nor good enough for us. You could say he was an idiot for doing what he did; sure. But the real error was hiring him.

AlPistacho

Felt happy for him and West Ham. Can see him getting a crack at a job like spurs (once their new manager gets sacked)

Sylar

Winning more European games than premier League games is quite a stat

Ted Lasso

Wow. Really happy for him. Incredible comeback story for a manager dragged endlessy through the dirt by spoiled fans for a decade simply for aspiring to manage the biggest club in England and not being up for it. Taken his time getting his rhythm back at an appropriate level and this is a wonderful culminating milestone for him.

cosimas

Couldn't agree more Ted. After all the shite he's had to endure, this is some serious validation.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
When he first came I was not hugely thrilled, but he did a job. When he came back a 2nd time I was whelmed. But the job he has done in the past 3-4 seasons has been superb for us.

Little old West Ham having European football for a 3rd season in a row, semi final one season and winning another comp the next. Whatever happens for us down here in east London, he will be a legend.

LawmanMan

One third rate trophy win in a year where he was lucky not to get relegated, and we've got real, live David Moyes apologists on here 15 minutes later. :lol:
Because you cannot debate the obvious points you just attack the poster.

TheGame

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by how some of our fans hate watching our ex managers or players achieve any kind of success after leaving United.

He has done an incredible job with WHU and how he made a comeback after United ruined his reputation is nothing short of brilliant. He looked dead and buried after his spells with Sociedad and Sunderland but now he has reached EL semi final last year followed by winning ECL this year with WHU, and kept WHU in the league along the way. He has discovered himself and regained his reputation again which is just great to see.

Watching him celebrating that much made me happy. Congratulations for him and hope he enjoys such night as much as he can.
Exactly this!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Refuting the ridiculous assertion that he set the club back a decade ≠ being an apologist

mu4c_20le

Castia

I like this Conference League it’s giving moments to fans and clubs that would never usual get these opportunities

I bet West Ham are buzzing

LawmanMan

Wow - Rene and Phelan. Both failures without Alex telling them what to do, mind you. Simple fact is, he walked into a club needing a serious squad overhaul and our structure without Fergie was woefully inadequate.

Moyes needed some time to build up the operations behind the scenes but was sacked after less than a season in charge. Yet somehow he is the blame of all our woes!

Simple fact is, it was Alex himself who was the major culprit by falling out with the Irish owners over a horse.

mu4c_20le

Staff changes happen all the time in football. They don't set a club back a decade.
Of course, as Rene said he was entitled to do that. But staff changes usually don't involve gutting a winning work force and replacing them with whatever he had. The result was not unexpected and entirely on him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Of course, as Rene said he was entitled to do that. But staff changes usually don't involve gutting a winning work force and replacing them with whatever he had. The result was not unexpected and entirely on him.
Yes, he shouldn't have done it, and as I've already said he was out of his depth at United.

But the assertion was that he "set the club back a decade". That's absurd and absolutely false.