David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Markmark99

Supports
Anelka Anelka Anelka
Only thing Rooney's hat trick yesterday is going to do is convince him that he was right in giving him a 5 year contract..

They have a horrid next 3 weeks.. He can actually end up being fired before Christmas!! What must be the owners even be thinking,to fire Bilic only to appoint Moyes.. But they were called the Dildo brothers so I guess that explains it.:lol:
It's mind boggling. Directors that obviously have some common business sense and know something about football...and then they sack Bilic for Moyes.. It's unbelievable. How on earth did they think Moyes could turn into a good manager?

He did ok at Everton. He was given a lot of time and i guess he built a system/squad to his liking. But that was 5 years ago now. It seems like the Utd job simply killed off what ever he did have. Lost his confidence..players lost respect for him. Surely he's a millionaire now? Why not just retire or go into commentary?

But football management is a joke. Allardyce, Pardew,Moyes (the former WBA manager) go to a club..sacked within 2-3 seasons...go to another club repeat. How many jobs has Pardew and Allardyce had? What other industry can you fail so often in and be head hunted by another big company to take over? It's a great career. Huge salaries, get sacked with big payments, walk into another job..repeat. Happy days.

Reactions: Cheesy

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
“The second half I could put my name to the performance, I didn’t want to put my name to the first half that’s for sure,” he said.

“I got into them yes at half time, there were tactical changes, but we had to improve mentally. Individual mistakes cost us, each time,” he said.

“The three games we’ve been in, it’s not tactical or not that we are not running enough, it’s just individual mistakes and we have to eradicate them.

“The first half worried me, yeah, because we were submissive we never played, we never had a threat, in saying that we could have gone in 2-1 and it would give us a lift.

“But one thing I will say we came out second half and gave it a real go, we improved and we had a chance to get back into the game. I don’t think the scoreline reflected the game.”

“I have got to hope that this is where ‘you never know what happens in football’ comes in.

“We are not favourites for sure, but you are expecting we will go there (City) and get nothing, but you never know, it’s exactly right – you never know.”
Can you actually believe it? He's at it again, basically he just straight up said that he doesn't take any responsibility for the first half and the loss, it's all on the players, but everything they did right after half-time was purely down to him.

'It's not tactical and not because we are not running enough' FFS :lol:

Robbie Boy

Can you actually believe it? He's at it again, basically he just straight up said that he doesn't take any responsibility for the first half and the loss, it's all on the players, but everything they did right after half-time was purely down to him.

'It's not tactical and not because we are not running enough' FFS :lol:
“The second half I could put my name to the performance, I didn’t want to put my name to the first half that’s for sure,”
There are no words for this cretin :lol::lol:

Javi

He'll be sacked by January when it's becomes apparent to the owners there is a very real chance of them going down.
No, that's when he will remind them that he needs to bring in some of his own players to work his magic. I'd say it's going to be sometime in March.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He took us from 1st to 7th.
Real Sociedad were in the relegation zone, bar goal difference, when he got fired.
He took down Sunderland.
WHU is next.
I just can't get the idea of hiring him to get you out of the relegation. Whatever he had, he has lost it. You would find more motivation in people going to death row, than his players.

Big Sam, even Pardew and Pulis would be better choices.

stevoc

Pure drivel. Your hatred to Moyes is showing. Things do not change around in 3 games. West Ham have been in free fall for a couple of years. He needs at least 10 games before judging. If West Ham score that penalty the dynamics of the game changes.
Oh no just like Sunderland it looks like Moyes has taken on another mission impossible that he won't be able to turn around despite his considerable talent and a courageous effort on his part. He can only do so much on his own i guess.

In reality West Ham have finished 12th, 7th and 11th the last 3 years, that's free fall to you is it?

Players need to be more responsible instead of always being the managers fault.
Another gem straight out of the Moyes quote library. You must be on a wind up surely?

buchansleftleg

I'm really torn about this because part of me wants opposition teams to continue absolutely thumping goals past this hapless ghosts's idea of a defence, just to see the desperation fear and anger in his face. However if that happens it is likely that he will be gone all too soon, if they continue to get humiliated so often.

So should I wish for teams to be beating them by the odd goal here and there with just the occasional thrashing, just to prolong David's agony and turmoil?

I'm hoping he accepted the 6 month contract because it had some massive penalty clauses if they try and get rid of him early.

If that is the case then the penny pinching jazz-mag barons will definitely keep him, no matter what happens, til the end of the season.

This would mean I could have my cake and eat it; watching Moyes go through a ritual humiliation time and time again, like a Sallow Scottish Sisyphus.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
gone by Christmas ha ha (but when are West ham going to learn that the problem is that Hart saves almost nothing?)

Minimalist

David Moyes basically makes an argument for not even employing a manager. I’m amazed he even wants to be one with how little influence he appears to have (according to himself when he loses).

Either you’re responsible for what happens or not. Sure there’s some joint responsibility but you can’t celebrate wins like you did something to achieve it (like Moyes does) and then distance yourself when you lose badly (like when Moyes put the blame solely on his players).

That’s my biggest issue with him and always has been from about two months into his reign at United. It became so obvious how much of a spineless twat he is. He’s everything I hate in people - entitled, smug, blames everyone but himself and never assumes that anything can change so you had best get used to his way of things. Bet he’s a shy Tory too the cnut.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's hard to keep the job when you just took a 4-0 result and couldn't even score 1 goal to a team with a very poor defensive process.
Moyes got his time, but I think his motivation is not the same anyomre. In a small club you have to work harder, because you will loose more than you win. And for that to work, you need someone energetic, and I think Moyes doesn't have that energy at this career stage.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
David Moyes basically makes an argument for not even employing a manager. I’m amazed he even wants to be one with how little influence he appears to have (according to himself when he loses).

Either you’re responsible for what happens or not. Sure there’s some joint responsibility but you can’t celebrate wins like you did something to achieve it (like Moyes does) and then distance yourself when you lose badly (like when Moyes put the blame solely on his players).

That’s my biggest issue with him and always has been from about two months into his reign at United. It became so obvious how much of a spineless twat he is. He’s everything I hate in people - entitled, smug, blames everyone but himself and never assumes that anything can change so you had best get used to his way of things. Bet he’s a shy Tory too the cnut.
He will be replaced by Uncle Harry. You can quote me in a few weeks.

stevoc

I just can't get the idea of hiring him to get you out of the relegation. Whatever he had, he has lost it. You would find more motivation in people going to death row, than his players.

It is baffling he saved Everton from relegation 14-15 years ago, just for some context around that time the likes of Graham Taylor, Graeme Souness, Alan Curbishley, Dave Bassett, John Gregory, George Burley, Micky Adams, Peter Reid and Glenn hoddle were all still active top flight managers.

Jim Beam

It is baffling he saved Everton from relegation 14-15 years ago, just for some context around that time the likes of Graham Taylor, Graeme Souness, Alan Curbishley, Dave Bassett, John Gregory, George Burley, Micky Adams, Peter Reid and Glenn hoddle were all still active top flight managers.
Moyes probably got stuck in that time, with no improvement or ability to change whatsoever by the look of things. He was fine in Everton and his tactics could work to some extent as he had previous results behind him which also gave him a certain amount of respect and authority.

Now, he looks completely lost. Many say United break him, I believe he became too complacent at Everton and wherever he went from there, it would be the same story.

Thecarrickfan_2016

I have no confidence in West Ham whatsoever on Sunday, I'm sure Zabaleta Will turn to shit against Man City as well.

stevoc

Moyes probably got stuck in that time, with no improvement or ability to change whatsoever by the look of things. He was fine in Everton and his tactics could work to some extent as he had previous results behind him which also gave him a certain amount of respect and authority.

Now, he looks completely lost. Many say United break him, I believe he became too complacent at Everton and wherever he went from there, it would be the same story.

I agree it looks like he got complacent at Everton, stagnated didn't improve and adapt to new coaching and training techniques. And football has just passed him by.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have no confidence in West Ham whatsoever on Sunday, I'm sure Zabaleta Will turn to shit against Man City as well.
Thinking about loading three City attackers into my Dream Team, as I think this one could be a landslide..!!

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
What were Fergie and 60 percent of the caf "fantastic appointment. Shush exotic manager wanting prawn sandwich crowd" thinking when we hired him.
People thinking that United could continue to be a force under Moyes and didn’t have to go out and appoint a top manager was just pure arrogance.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's a charisma vacuum. His appointment is just so bizarre, especially when you consider how low the confidence must be in that team.

Stuart Pearce will be in charge before the season ends.

Sarni

There's a perception among his fanboys that he saved Sociedad from relegation, even though they were not in relegation zone when he came, were not in relegation fight for years prior to his arrival and were actually a top 10 team before he came, and turned into a top 10 team after he left as well.

Sarni

He did take the responsibility for Sociedad winning 1-0 against Barcelona. He repeated it for months.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Crystal Palace with one of the worst possible starts are just a point behind West Ham. Relegation is a possibility, especially with Moyes in charge.

Ventura

People thinking that United could continue to be a force under Moyes and didn’t have to go out and appoint a top manager was just pure arrogance.

Maybe if he hadn't fired everybody at the club and insisted on so much Evertonization, if he had just slipped into the office and let everything run smoothly, making gradual changes, then maybe he could have lasted longer. And if he didn't make so many stupid comments ... so essentially if he was a better manager, he'd be ... better? Never mind then.

Sarni

Oh no just like Sunderland it looks like Moyes has taken on another mission impossible that he won't be able to turn around despite his considerable talent and a courageous effort on his part. He can only do so much on his own i guess.

In reality West Ham have finished 12th, 7th and 11th the last 3 years, that's free fall to you is it?

Another gem straight out of the Moyes quote library. You must be on a wind up surely?
So it's now his third mission impossible job after United and Sunderland, only Sociedad was possible job because there was an excuse for it being in another country.

Jim Beam

There's a perception among his fanboys that he saved Sociedad from relegation, even though they were not in relegation zone when he came, were not in relegation fight for years prior to his arrival and were actually a top 10 team before he came, and turned into a top 10 team after he left as well.
He likes to portrait it that way also. In reality, Sociedad job was a total and utter failure because he spent a fortune and was expected to make progress on that top 10.

Somehow he managed to be remembered for beating Barca and saving them. Mindboggling.

Sarni

He likes to portrait it that way also. In reality, Sociedad job was a total and utter failure because he spent a fortune and was expected to make progress on that top 10.

Somehow he managed to be remembered for beating Barca and saving them. Mindboggling.
Despite the fact that they also won previous 5 or 6 meetings against Barcelona at Anoeta and had already beaten Real Madrid and Atletico the same season before he came (having come back from 2-0 down to win 4-2 against Real too). That 1-0 was probably the least convincing win Sociedad had against Barca at home for a while.

Handsome Devil

Has Davie taken the credit for Rooney's hat trick yet? (ie discovering him, mentoring him, turning him into the player he showed himself to be last night.)

David Moyes, misunderstood genius, victim of his own success etc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm genuinely amazed that anyone in the prem was willing to give him the job. Once he gets sacked here he'll go to where he belongs, either the Scottish league or lower league management.

The thing with him is his unwarranted arrogance, delusion and just his tendency to absolve himself of blame no matter what happens. How can a manager take over a team after just 10-11 games and say nothing that happens in the next 10 games has anything to do with him? And then his constant excuses for failures at United, sociedad and Sunderland. Awful, awful manager and it showed how much of a shambles we were that he ever was even considered for the manager job at United. He's just a hopeless manager for any team.

sugar_kane

I despise Moyes for what he did at United and the pure arrogance of the man but he's not as bad a coach as his last few seasons would suggest, surely?

I think wherever he goes now he just brings a massive baggage with him which he doesn't help alleviate with his unwillingness to accept any responsibility for past failures and criticising of players the second he walks through the door. Any team he manages seems to be defeated before they even get on the pitch.

Sarni

I'm genuinely amazed that anyone in the prem was willing to give him the job. Once he gets sacked here he'll go to where he belongs, either the Scottish league or lower league management.

The thing with him is his unwarranted arrogance, delusion and just his tendency to absolve himself of blame no matter what happens. How can a manager take over a team after just 10-11 games and say nothing that happens in the next 10 games has anything to do with him? And then his constant excuses for failures at United, sociedad and Sunderland. Awful, awful manager and it showed how much of a shambles we were that he ever was even considered for the manager job at United. He's just a hopeless manager for any team.
His refusal to take any blame whatsoever was way more frustrating for me during his time at United even than his complete lack of ability to manage the team and have it play anywhere near respectable level. A lot of people ignored it when he said he needed 5-6 world class players to compete almost immediately after coming here but it was the sign of who he is.

He kept on saying he needed better players for the remainder of his United spell, and everywhere else he went afterwards. It's a great motivation tactic I guess.

Sarni

I despise Moyes for what he did at United and the pure arrogance of the man but he's not as bad a coach as his last few seasons would suggest, surely?

I think wherever he goes now he just brings a massive baggage with him which he doesn't help alleviate with his unwillingness to accept any responsibility for past failures and criticising of players the second he walks through the door. Any team he manages seems to be defeated before they even get on the pitch.
I think a manager who says his players are not good enough on the first day of his job at a new club, and then blames them for all their failures will never ever get his team to play well. When motivation is gone, there is no way you can compete.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think a manager who says his players are not good enough on the first day of his job at a new club, and then blames them for all their failures will never ever get his team to play well. When motivation is gone, there is no way you can compete.
Exactly. Look at Marco Silva last season. Took over Hull even though they were a shambles and had an immediate impact despite them having an awful squad. Didnt need to make any excuses about the quality, he worked with what he had.

Sarni

Exactly. Look at Marco Silva last season. Took over Hull even though they were a shambles and had an immediate impact despite them having an awful squad. Didnt need to make any excuses about the quality, he worked with what he had.
Moyes under same situation:

"It's clear that these players are not good enough to stay up, it's hopeless now. They have a Champions League manager now so should maybe feel a little bit better about themselves as not many are going to ever play against a Champions League manager again. We will probably lose all our remaining games, but I will try to win a few points for the club."

We should never forget this quote from the brilliant man:

"I've got us to the quarter-final and now the aim is to get to the semi-final."

desirere

The fixation on here is something else. Pretty sad tbh.
It's normal people react this way, we all aren't as cool as you guys obviously, and seeing this pathetic imitation of a manager dodging every blame bullet shot at him as if he's Neo is very irritating, when you mix in the fact that he is the face of our fall from grace plus him being the polar oposite of what we needed at the time and that being obvious from day one aswell, to all but a few gullable fools who defended him even after he lost the job.

It is also very anoying that he keeps geting these exclusive jobs, other more capable people would die for, one after another as if life is a sitcom. How can one look at this and say hardworking man, or ignore it as if it isn't happening is beyond me. Imagine a multinational corporation hiring a CEO that fails spectaculary, he then geta another CEO job at another again MC, fails again and another and another. Yeah, hardworking man, gave his best, good luck.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Who are these people? I’d struggle to think of a manager less rated on here.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's mind boggling. Directors that obviously have some common business sense and know something about football...and then they sack Bilic for Moyes.. It's unbelievable. How on earth did they think Moyes could turn into a good manager?

He did ok at Everton. He was given a lot of time and i guess he built a system/squad to his liking. But that was 5 years ago now. It seems like the Utd job simply killed off what ever he did have. Lost his confidence..players lost respect for him. Surely he's a millionaire now? Why not just retire or go into commentary?

But football management is a joke. Allardyce, Pardew,Moyes (the former WBA manager) go to a club..sacked within 2-3 seasons...go to another club repeat. How many jobs has Pardew and Allardyce had? What other industry can you fail so often in and be head hunted by another big company to take over? It's a great career. Huge salaries, get sacked with big payments, walk into another job..repeat. Happy days.
Big Sam at least has a bit of a record of turning things around for some clubs headed for relegation. Can't say the same about Moyes.