David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

oldhand

Can see West Ham losing 5 of their last 8 (home to the Manchester clubs and aways to Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea).

7 points from Southampton, Stoke and Everton would probably keep them up though.
And a loss to Southampton or Stoke could be the final nail in the coffin.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Excuse my ignorance but why have the fans turned on the board, they’ve invested reasonably well haven’t they?

(When I say “well” I mean in terms of cost)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Give them a points deduction and relegate the feckers. Add nothing to the league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Those scenes were disgraceful.

West Ham as a club are out of control.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This stuff with the fans and owners is actually great for him, deflects attention away from how bad they are.

Oaencha

I said it when he became manager and I’ll say it again... he’s going to get West Ham relegated.

Can’t stand the cretin and don’t like the club so this is actually pretty fun to watch.

stevoc

I said it when he became manager and I’ll say it again... he’s going to get West Ham relegated.

Can’t stand the cretin and don’t like the club so this is actually pretty fun to watch.
Yeah lets hope both turds are flushed at the same time in May.

kr0nix

"Before, I thought a point a game could get us to 40 points, as that was the old-fashioned figure, but we're now finding we need to do more than that"
Dour Dave at his inspirational best.

stevoc

"Before, I thought a point a game could get us to 40 points, as that was the old-fashioned figure, but we're now finding we need to do more than that"
:lol:

Eh someone needs to tell Dave a league season consists of only 38 games. So thats where his master plan went wrong at Sunderland last season. Idiot.

Red4Life_#7

We're I'm at.
I still can't get myself round the turn of events that led Moyes to managing Man Utd.
We need a second from disaster episode to unpick what was truly a catastrophic decision.
So true!! He turned champions with world class players into a team playing no European football and a laughing stock!! Shocking decision to give him the position.
LVG, steadied the ship.. and JM showed his class. Next season we will truly be back as one of Europe's best!

Flytan

You know I felt bad for him when he was fired because I thought he was a nice guy who took a job too big for him and he caved under the pressure, but his actions since being fired have made me dislike the dude. Hope he goes down and he relegates yet another club.

Seij

The guy causes disaster at every club he goes to. He IS the walking calamity. He will however continue to get jobs at different clubs. The fault lies with the clubs that keep hiring this clown.

Oaencha

The guy causes disaster at every club he goes to. He IS the walking calamity. He will however continue to get jobs at different clubs. The fault lies with the clubs that keep hiring this clown.
This will be his last PL job. No one will touch him after getting back to back relegations. Has anyone even done that before?

Seij

Wasn't guaranteed to fail at Sociadad. Didn't bother to adapt to the league, or learn the language, and his successor managed to get the team up the table, clinching 6th following year.
But he did.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Too bad Chicharito is part of that shower of shit being flushed down the toilet.

Bogga

Whenever I see or hear him I laugh a bit. Then I stop, realizing he was our manager for almost a season...

You know this thread where you mention a player that you forgot actually represented a club. In 20 years time you'll look back thinking "Ohh shit, he actually was our manager. How did that happen"

engulfing

Seriously hope he relegates them and never gets another premier league job. Utter imbecile. Plus west ham deserve some misery for pelting our team bus with bottles.

Their only real chance of surviving is because there are plenty of seriously poor teams this season. It seems the influx of money has tempted many teams to try to invest in better players and try to play more expansive football which they're learning is actually quite hard to do well and successfully. Ugly anti football works as Burnley are showing.

M Bison

Supports
York City
They spent £29m net. That's less than they get of the league. They pay minimum rent and have sold Upton Park, I think.
Where's the money?
Have they actually sold Upton park? If so, your post makes sense and the reaction is fair enough but the players they have brought in are experienced professionals with good CV's and will be on decent money so on the face of it, it seems as though the board have invested. As i say, i don't know it well enough but it seems like the frustration is being directed in the wrong place.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His record so far with West Ham is worse than with Real Sociedad.

Win percentage in his last 3 jobs:
28.57 %
18,60 %
26.09 %

He barely scratched 50% with United. For comparison José has 62% (same as he had with Inter).

stevoc

Cant imagine ever getting to the point where I'd be using that kind of language in front of a kid. There's a long lad there and he's dropping c-bombs every other sentence.
Well it's either his kid or someone else's kid that is standing there and wants to listen to him. Either way it is what it is.

stevoc

I forgot they signed a striker in January, typical Moyes dithers the whole window and then panics on the last day and signs whoever is available then proceeds to have no clue how to use them effectively. Signed for £10m to make two substitute appearances.

I bet he whishes Sir Alex never came knocking on his door.
Doubt it, he been on the gravy train of signing multi million pound contracts, getting sacked, getting compensation and moving in to the next club and starting over.

In the last 6 years he’s probably banked £15-20m from his constant failure.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His record so far with West Ham is worse than with Real Sociedad.

Win percentage in his last 3 jobs:
28.57 %
18,60 %
26.09 %

He barely scratched 50% with United. For comparison José has 62% (same as he had with Inter).
None of this is his fault. All are impossible jobs.

He was a savior at Sociedad, kept them safe from certain relegation (according to him). If West Ham stay up it will be purely because of him too.

RooneyLegend

None of this is his fault. All are impossible jobs.

He was a savior at Sociedad, kept them safe from certain relegation (according to him). If West Ham stay up it will be purely because of him too.
That narative really is a perplexing one. As if we've never seen managers walk into bad situations and make something out of it. Heck, isn't it why the likes of Big Sam still have thriving careers? Mind you he started the season at Sunderland, he could've made the adjustments for them to be successful if he knew how to in the summer, he didn't. The man is as archaic as they come. How clubs can't see that his stuff is has past it's sell by date is beyond me.

stevoc

The thread title is totally misleading. You don't sack someone who is out of contract you simply don't renew the contract.
So they will choose not to retain him as an employee?

So effectively sacking him even if they arent technically sacking him.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Moyes has his work cut out, if he can keep them up I would consider it a decent job but there is a real possibility they are going down with their remaining fixtures

Kag

I've never, ever come across a manager that is so poor with his choice of words.

Every possible positive is somehow span into some really negative remark. A point a game for feck sake. I guess I'm nitpicking but past evidence does him no favours either.

West Ham is certainly a poisonous environment, but that squad of players has no right being where they are.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Moyes has his work cut out, if he can keep them up I would consider it a decent job but there is a real possibility they are going down with their remaining fixtures
A team with their quality and resources has to stay up. It's not an achievement to keep them up even though Smug Dave will consider it one.