g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 13: Italy vs. Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Krampus

So ref didnt want to give a red to Suarez cause he bit Chiellini who dives.

All right..
If the guy didn't specifically see Suarez bite Chiellini, why's he going to believe Chiellini, who's a massive prick, just for saying so? If he bit someone else, who isn't a prick, the ref might've been more amenable to throwing Suarez out of the game. I just find the situation to be relatively amusing because I do think Chiellini's "antics" prior to the bite could have directly colored the outcome of this game, and Italy's elimination from this tournament.

Fiftyone

Guy is obviously sick. Just can't control himself. It's actually quite sad.

Inigo

Maybe it was a bite. But I don't think it was intentional. Suarez got really big buck teeth, so in a physical contact sport in Football there will be accidents. I can't help but notice each time he 'bit' someone, it's always him fighting for position and getting close. When I fight for position against a defender, my mouth usually comes into contact with that person's shoulder/neck/face areas. I have normal teeth though, so I never got the issue Suarez had. Why will Suarez bite the Italian? It makes no sense. It was a accident and that's that. It's not as if a 'bite' make you 'score' more. It doesn't. Suarez biting on purpose makes no logical sense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt again. If this happens a 4th time, I'm no longer a fan.
Excellent. :lol:

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Berginyon's WUM was used as evidence of Cafe members defending suarez in the suarez thread

Borat Sagdiyev

Maybe it was a bite. But I don't think it was intentional. Suarez got really big buck teeth, so in a physical contact sport in Football there will be accidents. I can't help but notice each time he 'bit' someone, it's always him fighting for position and getting close. When I fight for position against a defender, my mouth usually comes into contact with that person's shoulder/neck/face areas. I have normal teeth though, so I never got the issue Suarez had. Why will Suarez bite the Italian? It makes no sense. It was a accident and that's that. It's not as if a 'bite' make you 'score' more. It doesn't. Suarez biting on purpose makes no logical sense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt again. If this happens a 4th time, I'm no longer a fan.
This should result in instant promotion! I'm dying of laughter.

Blodssvik

Balotelli, Marchisio and Suarez all deserved to see red today in my opinion. Can't really feel sorry for the italians today. In the end the two deserving teams proceed to the knockouts. Suarez obviously does not deserve to play for a while though.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I'm sorry but that red card for Italy is completely justifiable. He went completely over the ball and caught his shin with his studs. I don't care how little pressure there was behind it or how softly he may have caught him, if you put your foot up that high and make any contact, you have to go. That kind of challenge is what refs and football officials are trying to stamp out of the game.

Er yeah, there really is no justifying that act no matter how psychologically impaired you may be.

BARBY BOY

Multi-talented guy he is this suarez he can dive, he can bite, he can score, he can dribble, what a guy.

Dylan94

28? great, right now United needs MEN, not spoiled (un)talented brats

dirty? you mean solid? ok

has a temper? so does Van Gaal; maybe Godin is a winner

isn't a team player? uh, what? source? proof?
No I don't. I mean he gets more bookings and red cards than Paul Scholes and Roy Keane put together. A manager having a temper won't result in the team being down to 10 men. Watch some footage of him at Athletico. Would not fit in at United. Isn't going to happen anyway so drop it.

Firstouch20

Should be banned for a year and put into a Phychiatric ward. He's a danger to the players on the pitch. Who knows what diseases he could be spreading with his bites.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
'Twas a dull match, overall. Uruguay were very good, defensively, with Pirlo and the forwards shut down. Uruguay were decent going forward, in comparison, but the Italians themselves were also decent, defensively, until they went down to 10 men.

Balotelli was shut down and didn't make much of an impact, which made Immobile ineffective, too. Marchisio was surprisingly lacking in influence and didn't do much for Italy himself, particularly in the final third. Verratti was Italy's best player, but what could he do if the attacking players weren't able to do much ahead of him?

Jose Maria Gimenez has been outstanding so far. He's done very well in central defence and looks like he could be an amazing defender in the future. At least Atletico Madrid have their future defence strong with Gimenez coming up and proving himself.

I'm not going to talk about the bite incident myself. All I will say is I hope that FIFA ban him for 20 matches at least. The Uruguayan FA should also give him a hefty punishment for doing this.

United22

I can't tell what's pissing me off more right now, knowing that Suarez is a cheating, biting cnut and FIFA will do nothing about it , OR the people (obviously Liverpool fans) denying it happened when there is clear proof in front of us that he has done it

ea385

Amazing coincidence considering he's rumoured to be looking to move. ;)
Nah. If he did bite him (and it sure does look like he did) its because he is seriously f*cked in the head. I doubt its part of plan to get a move since those big clubs aren't likely to want a nutcase.

Qilin

A mask like Hannibal Lecter should be mandatory for Suarez, that scum can't contain his cannibalistic behaviour.

Dos

No I don't. I mean he gets more bookings and red cards than Paul Scholes and Roy Keane put together. A manager having a temper won't result in the team being down to 10 men. Watch some footage of him at Athletico. Would not fit in at United. Isn't going to happen anyway so drop it.
Err. 14 yellow cards last season, 0 red cards. From 51 matches.

He is a very good centre-back.

darwinism

Suarez did nothing, all invented by Chiellini

Sky Italia has replayed those moments and there's NOTHING! Just a missed attempt for a header by Suarez and ALSO a missed attempt of an elbow by Chiellini

Firstouch20

I can see corrupt Fifa sweeping this under the carpet. They want a south american team to win it.

punpun

Let's see if Mundo Deportivo & Sport will have Suarez on their front page again now.

Apparently he always dreamed of playing for Barcelona.

:lol:

Eriksen

Liverpool fans:

"It was not a bite. He tried to head butt Chiellini, Chiellini pulled away and Suarez's mouth hit Chiellini's shoulder and the shoulder seemingly made contact with Suarez's teeth which is why Suarez was feeling them after the incident. Purposeful head butt yes, the rest was accidental."

So the case for the defence is that all he was trying to do was headbutt him and quite by accident those pesky teeth found their way in to his shoulder. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.