Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Messi drags this Argentina team through the rounds of this tournament he really is better than Maradona. Argentina look like their playing playground football: no organisation, every one chasing the ball.

032Devil

Argentina has a one hell of a strike force: Messi, Higuain and Agüero. They should be breaking goal records

NoLogo

My point is not about numbers, it's about balance and Argentina lacks it pretty much everywhere, they are a very disjointed team and that should be really obvious for anyone. Good teams will expose this more because Argentina's attack will be completely shut off from the midfield and their defensive midfield/defence will be left alone by the rest of the team.
It's already what happened in the last two games and has already been visible today. Argentina is imo simply tactically too unorganised to be a real threat.
That wasn't what I answered though. It was on which formation suits them best atm and I feel it's their current one simply because Messi in a deeper position where he gets more involved in their build up game has so far worked better than him leading the line.

I don't think either that Argentina is a real title candidate they are simply not fast enough when it comes to the transition phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.