Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Two myths are busted today.
1) Commanding an area. How many crosses he collected today? Zero. He was stuck on his line on every cross.
2) He is good on penalties? He is worse than Dave. Dave at least dives in right side. This guy was nowhere near of any oenalty. Exceot one which went through his hand.

shazzmufc

Don’t like that he basically stopped playing on the Boro goal. We can say a lot about how much of a joke their goal was, but at least make an attempt to get back on your line.

Maybe I’m being harsh, though.

As far as the penalties are concerned, I don’t really see that being on him. There was only one that he probably should have saved, but most of Boro’s penalties were brilliant. He didn’t seem too confident though

Dansk

Without hyperbole, I think that may be the very worst goalkeeping performance for a penalty shoot-out that I've seen in my entire life. For most of those shots, he just kind of slumped down onto his knees without even attempting to go for the ball. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect him of intentionally throwing the game (I know he didn't, but it certainly looked that way). Never in my life have I seen a goalkeeper just neglect to attempt a save numerous times throughout a shoot-out. That was grotesquely bad.

Bwuk

Look at Ederson and Allison. They just fill their goals. Henderson looks small and skinny in the nets.

united for life

Without hyperbole, I think that may be the very worst goalkeeping performance for a penalty shoot-out that I've seen in my entire life. For most of those shots, he just kind of slumped down onto his knees without even attempting to go for the ball. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect him of intentionally throwing the game (I know he didn't, but it certainly looked that way). Never in my life have I seen a goalkeeper just neglect to attempt a save numerous times throughout a shoot-out. That was grotesquely bad.
thought that was bad to. Really bad. He was too busy motivating himself to save the ball, he forgot he needs to decide on where to jump

Remember the geese

Why though? Have people not watched penalties before?

Whether the keeper saves it or not is probably 90% to do with the taker.
Like I said, he allowed one to flump through his arms and his other efforts as immaterial as they may have been, were pathetic. Rightly or wrongly, fans like to see a bit of effort. A dive, no matter how futile, would have shown a bit more heart than his non-existent attempts. Also, he isn't the most popular guy, with his whining about not being number one and leaking team news etc.

Lecland07

And yet, some gks have high % of saved penalties. Are they luckiest gks in the world?
A lot of it will be to do with height, and the rest to do with takers not consistently hitting it how/where they should.

For the goalkeeper, it is a lottery; for the taker, they have the chance and the ability to put it beyond doubt.

pablo__p

Ironic that the other GK looked twice as confident as Dean 'big personality' Henderson tonight.

No clue in what universe is he a United GK material.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We had best no2 in PL and one of the best no1. But then our top class manager decided to brake only thing which was great.
Ole trying to make Hendo as no1 just because he is from academy was absolute disaster. We lost great no2 and unsettled no1.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
A lot of it will be to do with height, and the rest to do with takers not consistently hitting it how/where they should.

For the goalkeeper, it is a lottery; for the taker, they have the chance and the ability to put it beyond doubt.
For players and gks, penalties are skill. Some are good at it and some are not. No lottery there

Oranges038

Did alright.

Pens are 50/50. He slumps because he looks like he's decided which way to go before the ball is kicked. Which is poor.

Alemar

He played his last game for United today, barring injuries or red cards to de Gea

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Jeez.

He could have done better but baring one pen, he could have had it was always high level quality penkicks today unfortunately.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is he afraid to dirty his kit or something? Dive, you fecking dolt.

Take a step, take a knee.

Useless.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I said years ago when he finished that 2nd year at Sheffield United we should have sold him for 30/40m which is what he'd of been worth then with the hype

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Is this because of the penalties? Seriously? Keepers never take blame for penalty shootouts. People's bias is definitely showing through here.

Most of them were not saveable, anyway.
True, except the one he let slip right under himself, which was a textbook pen save for a top goalie and often decides a shootout.

Dan_F

We had best no2 in PL and one of the best no1. But then our top class manager decided to brake only thing which was great.
Ole trying to make Hendo as no1 just because he is from academy was absolute disaster. We lost great no2 and unsettled no1.
DDG’s bad form started when Henderson wasn’t at the club. It was one of the reasons Ole kept Henderson here instead of letting him go back out on loan. Plenty argue it’s pushed De Gea back into much better form.

Romero has conceded 25 in 13 games in Italy this season, was never good enough for number one and didn’t want to stay as number two any longer. Stop being weird and blaming Ole for that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd like to formally take back my grievances that he didn't come on the EL shootout. I was completely, 100% wrong on that one.

bugmat

I think its safe to say he's probably been our most talented back up but I just don't see it in him to be one of the very best goalkeepers in the world. I predict a Ben Foster sort of career in which there is no shame at all. He'll probably always be in and around the PL but never being one of the very best.

I've heard so many people thinking Romero was good enough to No. 1, even some though Lindegaard back in the day and now Henderson. None have ever been close to my username or any top goalkeepers for that matter in my opinion.
He's got nothing on Romero.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He made two good saves. He only got close to one penalty but in fairness nearly all their pens were great. Don’t quite get why he’s getting stick. Well outside of the fact this is the CAF and every player gets stick.

Caesar2290

Jesus. Lad hasn't played in months. Gets thrown into the fray. Has an ok game, yet everyone behaves like he threw the ball in his net a couple of times.

He didn't save a penalty, and? Should I remind you that VDS also got his hand on a couple of pens in the Moscow final and still wasn't able to keep them out. We literally had to rely on Terry to miss it in order to get another chance. All that in the same season where he saved 3 penalties back to back in the Charity Shield.

Games like this happen. Lad is no Tim Krul, but to say that suddenly he's shit is just peak kneejerk cafe.

bugmat

He made two good saves. He only got close to one penalty but in fairness nearly all their pens were great. Don’t quite get why he’s getting stick. Well outside of the fact this is the CAF and every player gets stick.
He's getting stick for not trying properly - not saving is understandable.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We get out so much quicker when he is in goal, his ability with his feet and willingness to start quick counters would be great in Ralf's system long term but he probably won't get the chance owing to de Gea's form.

Manny

Grammar Police
Guess that solves all the crying of when people said Ole should have subbed him on for De Gea in the Europa final.
Thats what I was thinking watching that. People will talk some absolute shite to push narratives.

He managed to look even less likely to save a penalty against a Championship side. Its amazing.

lsd

The Oracle
He's getting stick for not trying properly - not saving is understandable.

Henderson fan boys are not going to acknowledge that. In their eyes every Middleborough penalty was unsavable and not a case of the player seeing Henderson already go down on his side before they kicked the ball

AshRK

He is a decent keeper and that's about it. The fact that we didn't make profit out of him shows how poorly run club we are. We like to keep players because they are from our academy, even if they are not that great. If brewster was our player, he would still be either in our squad or on some meaningless loan. We could just sell him and make profit but here we are stuck with him.

Dansk

Jeez.

He could have done better but baring one pen, he could have had it was always high level quality penkicks today unfortunately.
Any pen will look quality when the keeper literally just collapses in place like a puppet with its strings cut. Many of those pens were perfectly ordinary shots, but Henderson just made no attempt whatsoever to save them.

Yakuza_devils

There were many Henderson fan boys wanted to drop DDG because they think that Henderson is the "modern" goalkeeper who can command the penalty box and go out of the box to play as sweeper and etc.

Many argue against it because DDG was clearly a much better goalkeeper even though his form was bad during the time.

RedDevil@84

Because most keepers dive and try and get it wrong on penalties. But they still dive and maybe if lucky, they will get a hand or deflect.
He practically slumped and kneeled down for many of them which was pointless unless everyone was shooting through the middle. All penalties looked unstoppable because he wasn't even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.