'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Dortmund so sloppy.. First Sancho who should have play in Bruun Larsen, Götze fecking up his pass when they were like 5 v 2 and finally Reus big 1 v 1 miss.. They still have enough about them to turn this around but wow have they missed a great opportunity to be 2, 3 goals up.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Reus is having a shockingly bad game until now. Should have had two assists already. If I was a teammate of his, I’d be fuming right now.
Otherwise, everything is going exactly as expected. We’re still the better team and it was quite obvious, that our players would be at their best. After all, this game matters and will be seen around the world. Next game will be bad again.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
fun fact: Kimmich and Gnabry are the only Bayern players on the pitch which didn't compete in the UCL final of 2013. :lol: (if im not mistaken)

Says it all about Bayerns recent transfer politic.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Witsel is doing sweet FA.
He's hiding in midfield

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
fun fact: Kimmich and Gnabry are the only Bayern players on the pitch which didn't compete in the UCL final of 2013. :lol: (if im not mistaken)

Says it all about Bayerns recent transfer politic.
Well, you are wrong. Goretzka is also on the pitch and Hummels/Lewandowski switched sides and certainly doesn't say anything engative about the recent "transfer politic". There isn't any reason why players like Müller, Alaba, Boateng, Martinez and Neuer couldn't or shouldn't still play for us. The only questionable one is Ribery and he has a good game so far.

OutlawGER

Supports
Well, you are wrong. Goretzka is also on the pitch and Hummels/Lewandowski switched sides and certainly doesn't say anything engative about the recent "transfer politic". There isn't any reason why players like Müller, Alaba, Boateng, Martinez and Neuer couldn't or shouldn't still play for us. The only questionable one is Ribery and he has a good game so far.
I was wrong with Goretzka, yes.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
What am I watching? I swear mid table sides in the EPL pose a better standard than this.
Yeah sure.

EPL is full of dross.
We won't mention the results in the CL so far.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What am I watching? I swear mid table sides in the EPL pose a better standard than this.
Not great advertising for the Bundesliga. I really don't know why Dortmund are so bad. I swear, they've been cuckolded by Bayern for years now.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Dortmund are afraid of Bayern.

Freiburg gave Bayern more of a match last week in Munich.

red4ever 79

Yeah sure.

EPL is full of dross.
We won't mention the results in the CL so far.
I live in the Czech Republic and for 8 years I had the Bundesliga rights through Eurosport. I religiously watched 5 games a weekend for 8 years. The coverage moved away last year, so this is the first Bundesliga I have made an effort to watch since then. Wished I hadnt bothered, very poor from both sides. Where is my Kagawa?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I live in the Czech Republic and for 8 years I had the Bundesliga rights through Eurosport. I religiously watched 5 games a weekend for 8 years. The coverage moved away last year, so this is the first Bundesliga I have made an effort to watch since then. Wished I hadnt bothered, very poor from both sides. Where is my Kagawa?
High stakes but it is a poor match.

Bayern are doing what they have to do but Dortmund won't be delivering. The magnitude of the occasion is too much for them.

MalcolmTucker

Akaji is such a coward on the ball, has he even attempted a forward pass? Goes back to Hitz when no one is close to him. Worse than Smalling.

red4ever 79

High stakes but it is a poor match.

Bayern are doing what they have to do but Dortmund won't be delivering. The magnitude of the occasion is too much for them.
I thought my stream had frozen for 2 years Is Ribery still playing? No idea why they sold Douglas Costa

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I thought my stream had frozen for 2 years Is Ribery still playing? No idea why they sold Douglas Costa
He is and he's running around players ten years younger than him.

marktan

I think Dortmund miss a ball playing CM. A very strong and fast attack but nothing to link defence to attack, which I understand is part of the counter-attack style but it stops them from really dominating games.

Fridge chutney

It's worth remembering that Liverpool vs City this year was a dull and boring match. I doubt the world would watch that and quake in their boots.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think Dortmund miss a ball playing CM. A very strong and fast attack but nothing to link defence to attack, which I understand is part of the counter-attack style but it stops them from really dominating games.
Witsel is that CM. He's been great during the season as in the heart of their build up and also supporting their defense from midfield.

OutlawGER

Supports
Dortmund are afraid of Bayern.

Freiburg gave Bayern more of a match last week in Munich.
Bayern's trying much harder than they ever did this season. Completely focused and fighting. Just look at Riberys defensive workrate. On a day like this Bayern can still defeat any team in the world.

Treble

Dortmund were poor in the first half, I expected much more from them. Sancho didn't impress either.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Not gonna watch the second half. . . Very poor match. Shame.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I feel like a lot of people don't know how Favre lets his team play. It's typical for him to let his team sit deep and narrow and allow the opposition to venture deep into his team's half. In that regard Dortmund were the tactically superior team imho. Letting Bayern venture forward, but not allowing them good shots and then exploiting the space behind them on the break, it's vintage Favre until the final third..
But unfortunately for them Dortmund messed up their promising counter attacks and Bayern eventually did get through and scored and after that I don't think Dortmund have adapted too well (or at all) to the new situation. Weigl seems off-beat, Sancho - again - out of his depth, Reus not converting a chance he usually should. It makes for a lot of misunderstandings in attack and little pressure with the ball.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern's trying much harder than they ever did this season. Completely focused and fighting. Just look at Riberys defensive workrate.
Yeah, makes you wonder about how much of this is Kovac's fault.
On a day like this Bayern can still defeat any team in the world.
Nah, let's not get carried away. They should have sunk us already with counters.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ribery and Robben are still world class on their day. Amazing considering their age.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It never really worked out with him. The mistake was not signing anyone else and thinking Ribery was still good enough. That was completely ridiculous.
I’d take Costa over Ribery right now anyway. But that’s just me.