Diego Simeone - the missing one

saivet

Those who believe his football is more defensive/unattractive/boring than Mourinho's: Didn't see much of that in tonights EL-final!
I switched it off at HT cause I was bored.

Great manager but I find his football boring, even compared to Mourinho

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fantastic manager but you have to wonder if he's able to replicate it at another club. He's basically God there and the players respect him massively.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Those who believe his football is more defensive/unattractive/boring than Mourinho's: Didn't see much of that in tonights EL-final!
They're fairly entertaining in big games and it suits them perfectly but trying to sit through their games against the lower spanish teams is awful.

GeorgieBoy

How do Mourinho and Simeone differ in their approach to bigger and smaller games?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
How do Mourinho and Simeone differ in their approach to bigger and smaller games?
They are basically the same. I would say Mourinho is a better tactician while Simeone is a better motivator, but that's the only real difference.

Pragmatic, tactically flexible, both have a habit of 'solving' teams that seem unstoppable. Perfect underdog managers.

Sauldogba

The way this man sets up his teams in big games is a disgrace.
Why did Atletico not attack?
You could see what was going to happen from a mile off

Bojan11

The way this man sets up his teams in big games is a disgrace.
Why did Atletico not attack?
You could see what was going to happen from a mile off
Eh he’s been doing that for years. Plus doesn’t help he doesn’t have Costa and Morata is crap.

Were you saying the same shit after the first game? Or were probably calling him a genius.

Bojan11

They were playing much much better in the first leg
Yeah and he’s been doing that for years. Attack in home leg and sit back in away leg. It’s not really surprising they just been shit in attack today and Costa is a big miss for them.

PoTMS

Wait a minute, so you're telling me Atletico aren't actually that good and Simeone isn't the saviour?

Cloud7

Deserves to be knocked out for this set up today. Absolutely zero attempt to play any football whatsoever. The less of this kind of crap kicking around, the better.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The funny thing is how people were saying the same shit about Allegri after the first game.

Both exceptional managers. Simeone and Atletico had an off day, it happens.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That was a pathetic display from Atletico. Fully deserved to get dumped out.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The funny thing is how people were saying the same shit about Allegri after the first game.

Think Juve played much better and more proactive than Atletico in the first round - at least in the second half, I didn't see the first tbh.

I'm also happy they went out. It was cool when they came through and were something totally new. But they are no underdog anymore and I simply don't want to see this kind of football, especially with the players they have. Griezmann, Koke, Lemar, Saul, Correa.. those are really good players.

Allegri isn't much better but at least not as bad as Simeone in that regard.

freeurmind

weak willed

Was about to post this. Simeone has worked wonders with Atleti. His style may not be for everyone but it tends to produce results more often than it doesn't.

el3mel

That was absolutely shocking today. They didn't come to do anything. Even defensively wise they were dogshite.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Makes me chuckle when people would moan about Mourinho in one thread and then suggest Simeone in another.

Skills

Snitch

They were saying the same about Guardiola last season (albeit for not being defensive enough).

Cloud7

Makes me chuckle when people would moan about Mourinho in one thread and then suggest Simeone in another.
That truly confused me whenever I saw it being suggested. Simeone was the one manager that would make me say “Well maybe we’re better off keeping Jose.”

I will cry if we ever go after him to be our manager.

AJ10

If they even had a little intention to attack Juve would have conceded a goal, they're not as good as madrid made them look. Joke performance.