Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

Great game from Dalot. There's hope that he's ironed out his massive positional issues. Long may it continue whenever he's called upon. I don't see him usurping AWB on that performance alone

lex talionis

Early days, but we can now consider the possibility of benching AWB for a long spell.

NewYorkRed

He has his flaws, but I would take most players over AWB. Good performance tonight, a few positional errors again but hopefully they can be coached out of him/he’ll improve if he gets a consitent run in the team. AWB is an offense killer and positional disaster, so rooting for Dalot to make the spot his own.

Teja

He was fantastic today, didn't look shaky in defence either. I think the best game he's played for us ever?

RockinRonnie

I was alarmed when I first saw his name on the team news but he had a solid performance both defensively and offensively. I hope he improves his defending and challenge wan bissaka who has been awful of late

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

If there was a chance to merge his positive attributes with AWB's we would be fine. Good game, credit where it's due.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Had to double check if this was really Dalot thread after reading the latest comments.

BarstoolProphet

Surprisingly good defensively, considering he has been probably our worst defender for the last 20 years. Hopefully he can kick on. That pass to Rashford for Ronaldo's first goal was magnificent.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That reverse ball to Rashford before the second goal was class. Had that been AWB he would have gone back or infield. He has his limitations but atm i'd rather see him in the team
It's not a dig but AWB does not see that pass. He's simply not an attacker.
Dalot is far more confident and comfortable receiving the ball in space and in advances positions.

led_scholes

I don't get why Zaha is considered a test by some. To judge a player, who is not Ali Dia, you need to give him 30 games in a period of a year, not 3 years as with Dalot.

Marwood

It's not a dig but AWB does not see that pass. He's simply not an attacker.
Dalot is far more confident and comfortable receiving the ball in space and in advances positions.
He probably is but aside from the pass I didn't see anything else really in terms of going forwards.

Banana Republic

Dalot is 2 years younger than AWB.
22 yrs old.
A lot of rash judgement on him came from when he first came to Utd, before his loan in Italy.
He was only 19 at the time, arrived when recovering from a bad injury and had a lot of difficulty settling in.
The loan and his international experience seems to have helped a lot.
He’s technically better gifted than AWB or any other RB’s we have and a lot of his difficulties appear to be more about confidence and lack of aggression at time.
With a bit of luck, Ralf and his team might turn him into a very useful player for us.

RUCK4444

Best and only decent performance I remember from him. But in fairness he was defensively better than I would expect and it was a nice pass for the goal.

I was terrified when I saw both him and Telles starting the game last night.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He's offers different qualities to AWB and that's nice. Still not sure it's enough to be the starter but it's enough to give a chance to.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's been woeful defensively and 1 one 1 every time he's played, so I don't get the clamouring for him to play ahead of AWB. I get that he looks like a professional footballer compared to AWB, but Dalot will need to stop looking like a calamity before it's even a contest. It was a good game, but it was only one game.

I don't get why Zaha is considered a test by some. To judge a player, who is not Ali Dia, you need to give him 30 games in a period of a year, not 3 years as with Dalot.
3 years is a gross misrepresentation of events. He was really young when we got him, maybe 19 or so? Had some awful luck with injuries, and spent a full season on loan at Milan where did okay.

Devil may care

Last night was probably his best performance in a United shirt, interested to see what Rangnick does with him.

The Purley King

Promising performance. Looked assured in possession and a great pass to release Rashford for Ronaldo's goal. He noticed that Arsenal LB was out of position and immediately played the right pass, very good to see.
No doubt at all he is a more accomplished footballer than AWB, so perhaps he'll start more often now, he certainly offers more going forward.

Adamsk7

I think he has at least a fair amount of potential. He hasn’t been played and he hasn’t been coached well. I’d like to see what he can do under Rangnick and I have a funny feeling he will be preferred to AWB.

Chief123

He was brilliant last night. Definitely best I’ve seen him play for us. He showed a turn of pace as well which I didn’t think he had.

It was actually really refreshing seeing a right back bombing forward and feeling so comfortable on the ball and easy on the eye to watch.

Let’s hope he can continue this going forward. I thought Telles played well as well.

spiriticon

I still don't think he can't defend, but neither can Trent and it's not such a big problem for Liverpool it seems.

Once Rangnick gets going I think Dalot will get plenty of chances.

mad1max954

Really hope he is given a run of games, the few times he has played this season he’s shown that he’s a much better ball player than awb. With a run in the team I genuinely think he’d bring a much greater balance to the team as he is actually pretty good at going forward and has the right attributes. He will probe a lot of people wrong but he Needs consistency and coaching which he isn’t going to get from the bench. Awb is dogshit on the ball and whilst il admit he’s excellent in 1 on 1’s, I’d still argue is isn’t a good defender. Gets caught out of position too many times and plays the team into trouble. Unbelievable dalot doesn’t get more chances over him.

kthanksbye

For once I wasn't focused on how many times our RB passes the ball to the opposition, which even though is a very low bar, but an improvement nonetheless.
Hope he gets a run of games to progress.

justsomebloke

I still don't think he can't defend, but neither can Trent and it's not such a big problem for Liverpool it seems.

Once Rangnick gets going I think Dalot will get plenty of chances.
TAA offsets that with huge offensive contributions though.

SER19

Like Telles on opposite side, should continue to start until he gives a reason not to

Roux

Brilliant these last 2 games - so much more assured on the ball.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Maybe it's cos I've watched AWB stink up the place this season... But I thought he was great

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good again. His intent & ability to play passes forward first time is refreshing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Excellent today, really enjoyed his performance.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hopefully keeps AWB in the bench, very good performance by him.

Atheist

He’s miles better than AWB going forward. He was decent too defensively. Should get a run in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.