Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

And what's your issue with the both sources' statement?
What makes you think I have an issue with them?

I said in one of my lasts posts that I have no doubt that Dalot will be staying if AWB is leaving (as has been widely reported).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What makes you think I have an issue with them?

I said in one of my lasts posts that I have no doubt that Dalot will be staying if AWB is leaving (as has been widely reported).
I thought you had issue with what Portugese Newspape O Jogo stated as it was shown in your first replied. But it's all good then since you had no issue with it, I guess there is nothing to discuss about it.

Tallis

He is clearly not a top qualify full back at the moment but I have no issues with him staying. He can cover for either FB position and seems like a good lad. He wasn’t also very expensive and his fitness issues seem to have become better over the last couple of years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A timely reminder that while he may be favoured over AWB, he himself is still shite.

Ekeke

A timely reminder that while he may be favoured over AWB, he himself is still shite.
Awful take

If you want someone who is going to come out on top one vs one against a player like Zaha consistently getting the ball in a position to run at you towards the box, we have AWB who would be the best in the league at that in the form from his first 2 seasons here.

The majority of posters here dont want a player who is good at that.

Dalot is no worse at it than any of City or Liverpool's fullbacks. So even if we signed fullbacks like them which provide extra wingplay quality going forward thats better than Dalot and AWB, they'd still get destroyed in that situation defensively.

They'd probably be involved in us scoring a goal going forward on top though.

mu4c_20le

Poor lad is going to wake up in the middle of the night having nightmares about Zaha.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Awful take

If you want someone who is going to come out on top one vs one against a player like Zaha consistently getting the ball in a position to run at you towards the box, we have AWB who would be the best in the league at that in the form from his first 2 seasons here.

Dalot is no worse at it than any of City or Liverpool's fullbacks. So even if we signed fullbacks like them which provide extra wingplay quality going forward thats better than Dalot and AWB, they'd still get destroyed in that situation defensively.

The bold is just silly. Every poster here would love a defender who is good at that. They just don't want them to come with the crippling flaws AWB brings in other areas.

And the key thing with the Liverpool and City fullbacks is that, as you point out, they offer far more going forward than Dalot does.

Which brings us back to Dalot being shite.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Give it a week and people will change their minds on him.
He's been appalling this year whenever he's featured. Lucky for him he's not alone.

Ekeke

The bold is just silly. Every poster here would love a defender who is good at that. They just don't want them to come with the crippling flaws AWB brings in other areas.

And the key thing with the Liverpool and City fullbacks is that, as you point out, they offer far more going forward than Dalot does.

Which brings us back to Dalot being shite.
The good defenders dont attack like wingers. Your choice is the winger not the good defender who wont get beaten

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Awful take

No, people just don't want players who're just shit at either. There's plenty of players who're able to contribute positively on both ends of the field, there's no reason why we should accept such mediocrity.

Dalot is just utter shit at being a footballer. Total fraud who's somehow supposed to be 'good' offensively when he has 1 good cross/pass a game and just offers nothing for the rest of it. Elanga's a better right back than Dalot is. That's how low Dalot's level is when he's played for us.

Ekeke

No, people just don't want players who're just shit at either. There's plenty of players who're able to contribute positively on both ends of the field, there's no reason why we should accept such mediocrity.

Dalot is just utter shit at being a footballer. Total fraud who's somehow supposed to be 'good' offensively when he has 1 good cross/pass a game and just offers nothing for the rest of it. Elanga's a better right back than Dalot is. That's how low Dalot's level is when he's played for us.
Like who?

City and Liverpool's fullbacks make mistakes for the majority of the goals they concede. They're crap defending, they just arent playing next to Lindelof and Maguire making individual mistakes

The_Midfielder

Awful take

He is worse than Liverpool's or city's

OverratedOpinion

No goals and no assists despite being first choice for most of the season.

God I am pleased we stopped playing a half decent defender to move to an attacking full back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The good defenders dont attack like wingers. Your choice is the winger not the good defender who wont get beaten
A fullback like Robertson is both a better all round defender and a better all round attacker than both Dalot and AWB. The idea that it's one or the other for no apparent reason is nonsensical. The ability to defend to a decent standard doesn't magically preclude the ability to attack to a decent standard as well.

Ekeke

A fullback like Robertson is both a better all round defender and a better all round attacker than both Dalot and AWB. The idea that it's one or the other for no apparent reason is nonsensical. The ability to defend to a decent standard doesn't magically preclude the ability to attack to a decent standard as well.
Robertson makes mistakes defensively all the time. He'd be torn to shreds in the same situations Dalot had to deal with in this match same as Dalot was.

Likewise playing for Liverpool Dalot's mistakes wouldnt be brought up anywhere near as much because they're successful

Abraxas

Did not have a clue against Zaha. Reminded me of that performance against Danjuma.

Giggsyking

How is he surviving the cut? I really doubt ETH watched his performance today and said "yeah we can keep him"

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Man ,Zaha really skinned him. He would be having nightmares for weeks .

stevoc

No goals and no assists despite being first choice for most of the season.

God I am pleased we stopped playing a half decent defender to move to an attacking full back.
Sad thing is AWB's better going forward as well which isn't saying much I know but Dalot really is a mediocre footballer in every department.

Dante

Average bang
I can understand why Rangnick picked Dalot over AWB during his reign. But if the manager had been able to swallow his pride and pick a RB who's actually done okay for us the last couple of seasons, I think United would have been a good few points better off this season.

I struggle to see what Dalot has offered us going forward that was enough to make up for how awful he's been going backwards. Every single game he's played, we've been noticeably targetted at our RCB and RB positions. And every single game, that's where we've been shipping the most goals.

Not good enough in Serie A and not good enough in the Premier League.

Last edited:

The United

I can understand why Rangnick picked Dalot over AWB during his reign. But if the manager had been able to swallow his pride and pick a RB who's actually done okay for us the last couple of seasons, I think United would have been a good few points better off this season.

I struggle to see what Dalot has offered us going forward that was enough to make up for how awful he's been going backwards. Every single game he's played, we've been noticeably targetted at our RCB and RB positions. And every single game, that's where we've been shipping the most goals.

Not good enough in Serie A and not good enough in the Premier League.
Yup, it is one of the strangest decisions made by RR. His offence play was non-existent, but he did not seem to be interested in how to tighten up the defence either by playing those awful fullbacks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How is he surviving the cut? I really doubt ETH watched his performance today and said "yeah we can keep him"
Lack of alternatives.

ETH's system depends heavily on its defenders having a high level of technique and being able to pass the ball progressively as they play out from the back under pressure. Of the two right-backs we have, AWB is the one most likely to be further exposed in that set-up. As we are unlikely to be able to replace both, Dalot stays.

It isn't an endorsement of Dalot. It's just a matter of which bad option suits the style of play less terribly.

arthurka

Still think a good manager could make a useful player out of him. But he has been as bad as anyone lately.

justsomebloke

I thought yesterday he was our second worst player (after McTominay), and it's been a pretty consistent picture with him. He just can't cut it defensively - he's a downright liability. Every game there are multiple situations where gets taken for a spin, doesn't prevent crosses, makes bad outlet passes. He doesn't seem able to judge when to get stuck in and when to stand off, doesn't close off options, doesn't protect space, gets dribbled past. Defensively there's about two embarrassments for every situation where he does something positive that isn't routine. Offensively he does a little bit more good than bad, but there's just way too little of it to outweigh the defensive liability.

He's young and has excellent athleticism and some good skills so maybe something can be made of him, but right now he's got no business playing regularly in the PL in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.