Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor trail

He's not good enough. The Everton game during Solslkjaer's tenure was the benchmark for how a player should be sold after a disastrous performance. Would rather AWB at least he can defend his flank.

ti vu

At fault for the conceding goal.

Overall playing offline trap, this team has been shit for a long time now, but no excuse for him here jogging slowly far behind when everyone pushing up. He single handedly played Maddison onside and entirely enabled Leicester potent for that counter attack.

Roboc7

Just not good enough, I keep seeing people saying RB and RW aren’t priorities but we literally don’t have a single player that’s even close to good enough in either position. New manager simply has to address one of those positions this summer.

the hea

Seems like he is labeled as an attacking fullback only because he is so shit at defending. It can't be due to his attacking contributions because there are non.

luke511

He needs to be permanently banned from shooting, and then replaced by Laird at the earliest opportunity.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Okay, now he put some pressure on AWB, it's time to get or 50 mil player back, he better come in good form and spirit because watching bang average Dalot for another few games will make me cry..

The lad can't defend and only seem to have a decent first touch other than that, shit at crossing, shooting dribbling, slow. We better have a plan for the RB position already in mind. Laird seems like a risk with the lack of experience but at elast we would be investing in future and it wouldn't be that much worse I reckon.

Foxbatt

He is the only one with a brain in the side. Yes he was at fault for jogging back but the CBs were poor today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not particularly good at attacking or defending, just at moving the ball from defence to attack. Which, fine, but that's not enough.

United in sin

Bissaka is a much better all round player than Dalot. I simply don't know what Ragnknick sees in him. He flopped on loan at Milan (the motive was to sell him) and we expected him to come back a better player. It hasn't worked out. We need to cash in while we can as he's still young. He has no future at united

luke511

He is the only one with a brain in the side. Yes he was at fault for jogging back but the CBs were poor today.
Really? The amount of opportunities he's wasted by shooting from a distance since he's become a regular suggests otherwise.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's not particularly good at attacking or defending, just at moving the ball from defence to attack. Which, fine, but that's not enough.
Pretty much this.

Dalot isn't an attacking fullback. Hell, AWB is arguably more effective when they get into attacking positions. What Dalot is far better at though is helping with the build-up. It's not that he's particularly good at it, it's just that AWB is utterly dreadful at that aspect.

Foxbatt

Bissaka is a much better all round player than Dalot. I simply don't know what Ragnknick sees in him. He flopped on loan at Milan (the motive was to sell him) and we expected him to come back a better player. It hasn't worked out. We need to cash in while we can as he's still young. He has no future at united
He did not flop at Milan. He is a better player than AWB. He also has a very good shot on him. Yes if we get a better RB we can sell him. AWB has no brains to play football.

United in sin

He did not flop at Milan. He is a better player than AWB. He also has a very good shot on him. Yes if we get a better RB we can sell him. AWB has no brains to play football.
He did flop. I know a few Milan supporters who thought he was shite and inconsistent. The general consensus was that he wasn't worth the transfer money united would demand and he wasn't good enough to establish himself as a starter

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14054242/ac-milan-man-utd-diogo-dalot-transfer/

"The Italian media did not hold back assessing his display, with Milan Live saying he had a ‘largely negative performance, which was rejected by everyone’.

But that was tame compared to others, with Milan News describing his display as 'disastrous' and 'horrible' while Sky Italia pundit Stefano De Grandis dubbed him 'the worst' player in the game.

He added: “It is not the first time that Dalot has not shown himself up to par.

“Apart from the San Siro match against Europa League opponents Sparta Prague, in which he scored a goal and an assist, his performances have never been really positive.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/decision-made-man-utd-learn-ac-milan-intentions-diogo-dalot

He never held down a regular spot and wasn't seen as a priority. You can even see what Milan fans think of him on their subreddit, he started horribly and finished his loan stint well but was never good enough to warrant a permanent deal

AWB has hit heights at united that Dalot will never reach IMO because I don't think the next manager will give him the opportunity to

Last edited:

Foxbatt

He did flop. I know a few Milan supporters who thought he was shite and inconsistent. The general consensus was that he wasn't worth the transfer money united would demand and he wasn't good enough to establish himself as a starter

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14054242/ac-milan-man-utd-diogo-dalot-transfer/

"The Italian media did not hold back assessing his display, with Milan Live saying he had a ‘largely negative performance, which was rejected by everyone’.

But that was tame compared to others, with Milan News describing his display as 'disastrous' and 'horrible' while Sky Italia pundit Stefano De Grandis dubbed him 'the worst' player in the game.

“Apart from the San Siro match against Europa League opponents Sparta Prague, in which he scored a goal and an assist, his performances have never been really positive.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/decision-made-man-utd-learn-ac-milan-intentions-diogo-dalot

He never held down a regular spot and wasn't seen as a priority. You can even see what Milan fans think of him on their subreddit, he started horribly and finished his loan stint well but was never good enough to warrant a permanent deal

AWB has hit heights at united that Dalot will never reach IMO because I don't think the next manager will give him the opportunity to
AWB cannot play football as he has no footballing brain. United may not keep him but he is a better footballer than AWB is.

stevoc

There was that moment in the 2nd half when he got up the pitch and actually put a decent cross into the box. Didn't lead to a goal but I was chuffed, felt really privileged he decided to make an effort for once.

He's the definition of bang average.
Oh come one that's really harsh and unfair...

...to bang average players.

United in sin

AWB cannot play football as he has no footballing brain. United may not keep him but he is a better footballer than AWB is.
Thats a very schematic/simplistic reading of AWBs contributions. Is that all you have to say? Add some substance

AWB has had big performances for united against some of the best forwards in world football like Mbappe, Neymar, Mane and Sterling. What heights has Dalot reached here at his finest? Statistically Dalot is not even considerably ahead of AWB in any metric you can think of. Go ahead and compare their stats for united this season or overall and tell me what you see in Dalots favor that clesrly demonstrates this dominance over AWB you're asserting. What's Dalots best attribute? His crossing? Passing?

How 'comfortable' he appears in possession? His positioning is usually suspect at best when united are pinned down by the opposition on his side. He has nothing outstanding about his game. I don't even know if AWB will make it here as a starter but he's certainly shown he's a more useful player than Dalot in his time here

Last edited:

led_scholes

The article you linked claims that Dalot did generally well but Milan doesn't want to pay what United is demanding. Did Lingard flop at West Ham?

Also, what you say (he started horribly but finished good), for a player that had played 5 games the previous season, is expected. Overall, his performances made him a candidate for his national team too.

While in Milan, he didn't set the world on fire, but he didn't flop.

United in sin

The article you linked claims that Dalot did generally well but Milan doesn't want to pay what United is demanding. Did Lingard flop at West Ham?

Also, what you say (he started horribly but finished good), for a player that had played 5 games the previous season, is expected. Overall, his performances made him a candidate for his national team too.

Milan fans state he started horribly and only improved towards the business end of the season. No one was clamoring hard for his permanent transfer and he wasn’t usurping Calabria or Kalulu.

The goal was to try and get a permanent move for him but united demanded too much so Milan took a simple loan. Uniteds widely reported bids for Kieran Trippier to provide competition for Bissaka put Dalots future at the club in doubt as well. He was looked at by Roma and Dortmund as well. His loan at Milan wasn't successful. He flopped, you can call it what you want

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair to him his defending was non existent when he came here so he's definitely improved in that regard. But he's decent and no more really. Everyone knows he's playing only because he's not awb level on the ball. Otherwise he's more a mid table fullback.

JoaquinJoaquin

Just not good enough, I keep seeing people saying RB and RW aren’t priorities but we literally don’t have a single player that’s even close to good enough in either position. New manager simply has to address one of those positions this summer.
I agree. But problem is, We need at least 2 CM's, a ST (maybe 2) and a Winger more. With the Glazers we won't even got those holes filled.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

One of my best friends is a Milan fan, he said Dalot was horrible in defence but okay going forward. Seemingly got better as the season was ending but not enough to want to keep him.

I actually think Dalot is okay, there’s some talent there but I’m not sure if we will ever see it fulfilled.

acnumber9

He’s awful. Anybody still thinking he’s better than Wan Bissaka could do with pulling their head from their arse.

United in sin

Part.of a dreadful backing but made a good block late in the second half while covering for the rudderless Maguire

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s awful. Anybody still thinking he’s better than Wan Bissaka could do with pulling their head from their arse.
I don’t know how can someone still thinks Bissaka is a footballer. The guy can’t keep possession. At least that’s the basic of professional footballer which something Dalot can do better than bissaka.

United in sin

I don’t know how can someone still thinks Bissaka is a footballer. The guy can’t keep possession. At least that’s the basic of professional footballer which something Dalot can do better than bissaka.
Show the stats proving this. They're not far apart in this respect, almost negligible when ai last checked. Dalot is not as great on the ball, but the eye test is different for individual onlookers

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Show the stats proving this. They're not far apart in this respect, almost negligible when ai last checked. Dalot is not as great on the ball, but the eye test is different for individual onlookers
Dalot is just better than Bissaka on possession in both eye test and stats.

United in sin

Dalot is just better than Bissaka on possession in both eye test and stats.

The only significant difference between them in this respect is the long passing and crossing and if you look at my post history in these threads when comparing the two it's something I've acknowledged

According to Whocored, and this is based on league stats, Dalot has 0.8 key passes per game, same as Bissaka.

Dalot has 2.8 long accurate balls per 90 to Bissakas 0.7.

Dalot has attempted 37.6 passes per game to Bissakas 42.7. Dalot has 81.1% pass completion to Bissakas 80.9% and Dalot has 0.8 crosses per 90 to Bissakas 0.4

Dalot has 3 assists for united to Bissakas 10. Total career wise Dalot has 6 assists to Bissakas 12 (I don't think the assists I viewed account for league cup in England). I'm aware Bissaka has played more minutes for united overall

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dalot is 91st percentile for progressive passes, AWB is 26th. Given how central moving the ball forward is to a fullback's role in the team, that's a vital difference. If your fullback is a cul de sac for possession, it's a problem.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The only significant difference between them in this respect is the long passing and crossing and if you look at my post history in these threads when comparing the two it's something I've acknowledged

According to Whocored, and this is based on league stats, Dalot has 0.8 key passes per game, same as Bissaka.

Dalot has 2.8 long accurate balls per 90 to Bissakas 0.7.

Dalot has attempted 37.6 passes per game to Bissakas 42.7. Dalot has 81.1% pass completion to Bissakas 80.9% and Dalot has 0.8 crosses per 90 to Bissakas 0.4

Dalot has 3 assists for united to Bissakas 10. Total career wise Dalot has 6 assists to Bissakas 12 (I don't think the assists I viewed account for league cup in England)
The stats you put there means nothing. What is long ball, passing completion without context, crosses, and key passes have anything to do with what I just talked about.

Do you not even look at the stats I just gave you? Using whoscored.com as stats of ''possession game'' is poorly done in the discussion.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s nowhere near good enough. AWB is a quality one v one defender. Shame he is weak in other areas. Dalot I don’t see anything at all.

United in sin

The stats you put there means nothing. What is long ball, passing completion without context, crosses, and key passes have anything to do with what I just talked about.

Do you not even look at the stats I just gave you? Using whoscored.com as stats of ''possession game'' is poorly done in the discussion.
My stats are better than yours innit. I looked at the stats and offered some more for further context like what they actually produced with the ball for instance. Dalot is not significantly better on the ball. Overall he's not even a better defender than AWB, neither has he outperformed AWBs best efforts in a united shirt. Dalot is the very definition of a nothing player, which isn't saying he's rubbish, he just excels at the square root of nothing. We don't have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.