Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He made some good runs but was completely ignored by Mason. We don't make use of our full backs like City or Liverpool and then complain our FBs aren't good enough. What's the point of having Cafu and Roberto Carlos if we aren't giving ball to them?
Both our fullbacks had the most touches yesterday. Shaw with 83, Dalot with 66 and Varane next highest on 59. Shaw had the highest amount of attempted passes on 69, Dalot 2nd highest on 53. Not sure I agree with that assessment, they were receiving the ball far too deep. Shaw had more presence in Villas final third, but Dalot barely got involved in our attacking play. It can't all be Mason/Rashfords fault as McTominay should have also been able to get him the ball but didnt.

led_scholes

The who 1st half, where Greenwood was also good, his was fine. Even though Grennwood turned to shit in the second half., I do think villa was targeting Shaw and Rashford more.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I think he has a future here, and was surprised he went out on loan to Milan. It might have done him the world of good.

Obviously he's more comfortable on the ball and better going forward than Wan-Bissaka, but I see a tenacity and determination in his game that I don't see in a lot of our other options. The defensive side of his game, he probably won't single handedly shut down the oppositions left hand side like Wan-Bissaka, but I think he'd flourish in a more system based, properly drilled structure that we're hopefully moving towards.

Ibi Dreams

Nothing special but a decent game from him. A good game compared to others he's had in the past. He looked fairly solid and he is decent on the ball. He's probably the one player that has benefited the most since Rangnick came in, because he never really got a shot with Ole. He's played pretty well under Rangnick so far, so fair play to Ralf and Dalot.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Both our fullbacks had the most touches yesterday. Shaw with 83, Dalot with 66 and Varane next highest on 59. Shaw had the highest amount of attempted passes on 69, Dalot 2nd highest on 53. Not sure I agree with that assessment, they were receiving the ball far too deep. Shaw had more presence in Villas final third, but Dalot barely got involved in our attacking play. It can't all be Mason/Rashfords fault as McTominay should have also been able to get him the ball but didnt.
Our fullbacks brief seemed to be to play narrow and deep. Presumably to even things up in central midfield where Villa would have a man advantage. The onus was on Mason and Greenwood to provide all the width. It worked great for about 15-20 minutes as well. Until everyone seemed to forget their roles and we gradually descended into our usual chaotic shitness.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's average but I think I prefer him to Wan-Bissaka for the foreseeable future.

Foxbatt

Our fullbacks brief seemed to be to play narrow and deep. Presumably to even things up in central midfield where Villa would have a man advantage. The onus was on Mason and Greenwood to provide all the width. It worked great for about 15-20 minutes as well. Until everyone seemed to forget their roles and we gradually descended into our usual chaotic shitness.
Agree with you. Also why do our players always try to carry the ball forward instead of passing them? I mean all of them including Greenwood.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s not bad and I prefer him over Bissaka but he doesn’t play enough crosses or killer ball like James, Trent and Cancelo, and He lacks of exploit pace to be like Walker or Davies unfortunately. We really need a top class one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's average but I think I prefer him to Wan-Bissaka for the foreseeable future.
Agreed and it's the only way he'll improve the areas which he is poor in to know if he's ever going to be a viable long term solution.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It also depends where these touches were, right ? No point in raving about those touches if they are in our half.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It also depends where these touches were, right ? No point in raving about those touches if they are in our half.
It's clear we're giving the ball to our fullbacks though. They have the most touches and passes in the team. It's just we utilise our fullbacks very poorly, partly due to their form/talent and our current tactics.

Satsuma United

Dalot isnt the asnwer.

He wasnt an attacking threat vs Villa and he isnt a great defender.

I would stick with AWB until someone proves to be better in both areas.

Son

Dalot will be a squad player if he’s even United quality at all. I have real doubts.

He’s not amazing at anything. Puts a shift in but that’s the bare minimum for a fullback these days.

Until United sort that RWB position out and the midfield with actual top tier players we won’t be doing much of anything.

Abraxas

I don't see why this guy can't be a useful member of a 25 man squad. He can play right and left back remember. Not exceptionally, and certainly better on the right, but adequate cover. It's good to have a guy that can play fullback or wingback on either side that isn't on extortionate money, he can come in and play 15 games or whatever.

It's the starting quality I'm more worried about addressing, not flogging a guy that can do a useful job for about 20p to Italy.

Fair enough if Laird comes back and is categorically better but as it is I see Dalot as more useful than AWB who can play one position to an average standard.

stevoc

I don't see why this guy can't be a useful member of a 25 man squad. He can play right and left back remember. Not exceptionally, and certainly better on the right, but adequate cover. It's good to have a guy that can play fullback or wingback on either side that isn't on extortionate money, he can come in and play 15 games or whatever.

It's the starting quality I'm more worried about addressing, not flogging a guy that can do a useful job for about 20p to Italy.

Fair enough if Laird comes back and is categorically better but as it is I see Dalot as more useful than AWB who can play one position to an average standard.
Yeah much better to have a guy who can play 2 positions to a painfully average standard.

Abraxas

Yeah much better to have a guy who can play 2 positions to a painfully average standard.
He has been a lot better since coming in under RR than AWB has been this season. So yes it's better, we can't get rid of everyone. He's also 2 years younger, only 22.

stevoc

He has been a lot better since coming in under RR than AWB has been this season. So yes it's better, we can't get rid of everyone. He's also 2 years younger, only 22.
That's not saying much to be honest.

AWB obviously won't be going anywhere as the club wouldn't want to make a huge loss on him and he's probably on relatively big wages scaring off buyers. I would like to see Laird get a chance next season, so Laird and Wan Bissaka competing for RB. If Telles leaves then yeah keeping Dalot would make sense, if not then we should probably move him on for a few quid and try to recoup most of the £20m back we paid for him.

Abraxas

That's not saying much to be honest.

AWB obviously won't be going anywhere as the club wouldn't want to make a huge loss on him and he's probably on relatively big wages scaring off buyers. I would like to see Laird get a chance next season, so Laird and Wan Bissaka competing for RB. If Telles leaves then yeah keeping Dalot would make sense, if not then we should probably move him on for a few quid and try to recoup most of the £20m back we paid for him.
Sure, but he's English, relatively young, he's not gonna be on Martial money. I think there'd be takers.

We've already lost the money. It's spent and he's useless to us so saying we won't want to take a loss...he is a massive loss. He can't pass the ball!

Laird and AWB is not good enough going into a season. I think it's going to take a signing and to me Dalot or Laird makes sense as a backup depending on how good the latter is.

stevoc

Sure, but he's English, relatively young, he's not gonna be on Martial money. I think there'd be takers.

We've already lost the money. It's spent and he's useless to us so saying we won't want to take a loss...he is a massive loss. He can't pass the ball!

Laird and AWB is not good enough going into a season. I think it's going to take a signing and to me Dalot or Laird makes sense as a backup depending on how good the latter is.
The club will want £30-40m for him and he's on about £100k per week (and his contract runs to 2025/26) wages he would want matched somewhere else. Don't think there'll be too many takers for that deal personally.

Think people need to get used to the idea that AWB will be here for a while yet. He'll be a rotation option for Laird if he gets a chance next year or a new RB.

Abraxas

The club will want £30-40m for him and he's on about £100k per week (and his contract runs to 2025/26) wages he would want matched somewhere else. Don't think there'll be too many takers for that deal personally.

Think people need to get used to the idea that AWB will be here for a while yet. He'll be a rotation option for Laird if he gets a chance next year or a new RB.
Not for that deal there wouldn't, no.

But the fact is, that 47 million or whatever we paid is gone. Most of it will have been written off on the accounts. We're never getting it back so what is the next best thing?

If he was sold this summer we would get something, for a player that has been next to useless. If we hold onto him all you do is get into a situation where he needs a contract to retain any value, risking the fact he'll be here indefinitely, or else he goes for nothing. That isn't any better for us than just getting rid of him now.

The club won't like it, and I'm not saying your take of how the club will do things is wrong, but it's this kind of timidness that gets us into trouble with certain players.

stevoc

Not for that deal there wouldn't, no.

But the fact is, that 47 million or whatever we paid is gone. Most of it will have been written off on the accounts. We're never getting it back so what is the next best thing?

If he was sold this summer we would get something, for a player that has been next to useless. If we hold onto him all you do is get into a situation where he needs a contract to retain any value, risking the fact he'll be here indefinitely, or else he goes for nothing. That isn't any better for us than just getting rid of him now.

The club won't like it, and I'm not saying your take of how the club will do things is wrong, but it's this kind of timidness that gets us into trouble with certain players.
Well exactly going off how the club has been conducting business in the last decade I just don't see him being sold any time soon.

I don't think he's as bad as some do I think he's good defensively but he's just not suited to a progressive style of play.

But we're off topic at this stage so I'll leave it there.

Kopral Jono

I'm sorry but Dalot is thick as pigshit. He to me is down there in the basement with Rashford as far as footballing IQ is concerned and we have quite a few dumb players playing for us at the moment.

TheMitz

Worst player on the pitch today. Constantly caught out of position.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He can't defend. Unbelievable that we're in a position where he's starting games for us, he barely played for Milan for a reason.

Ekeke

His press did force the mistake from Villa to give the ball to Fred for Bruno's 2nd. Also won a freekick in the first half with some nice skill just outside the box

united for life

A couple of weeks back i said i won’t celebrate him being better than bissaka and some people got defensive. He is average, below average defensively. Awb isn’t a benchmark, he himself is poor.

arthurka

Nothing against him. He just shouldn't be starting games for Utd while our 50m signing isn't even on the bench. Just damning recruitment policy by our previous managers.

TheMitz

If you took his best qualities and mixed them with Wan Bisaaka's you'd make a pretty average premier league player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They attacked his side constantly because of his poor he is defensively

The United

Not bringing someone like Lingard to track their FB while taking off Cavani and moving Greenwood in the middle was almost criminal in the last 20 or 25 mins of the game.

Yes, Dalot is not up to it when he has to defend but we have no one else on the bench to change it. So do something to help him out.

RedDevil250

Neither him or Telles are any good. Shaw is out of form completely and AWB sucks. We're in a tough spot at fullback.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He was fine. Got caught few times but most young attacking FB suffer from that. He is still 22 years old who hasn’t played that much at high level due to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.