Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's got huge potential. His attitude seems excellent, and technically he is very refined as well. Not a good crosser but whatever. He's great in the air, next to Varane has looked very good defensively now, and is excellent at passing through the lines and overlapping as well. One of the few in our squad (along with Eriksen probably) who we really don't have any back up for in terms of maintaining the system.

jeff_goldblum

I've never really rated him, but Ten Hag seems to be doing wonders for him and he's been great the last few games. If he can keep this up and start crossing to people in our dimension he'll be fantastic.

BorisManUtd

I was more worried about Martinelli than Saka but Dalot played really well against Martinelli while Malacia struggled against Saka. Dalot was one of the best on the pitch for us today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His crossing has gotten a lot better, as he used to just balloon it to the far corner flag every time. Some of his deliveries have been very good this season. Solid defending for the most part this season too.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Funny how in the span of one seasons we could go from looking for someone to replace him to looking for his backup, and if he keeps it up it'll be the latter.

His crossing still needs some work to do but I think ten hag prefers Antony making those crosses anyway so it won't matter in the end that much.

ThanksBoss26

Not seen it in him at all previously but been very good the past four games. Much more like the standard we need from him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If he keeps this up, we might as well make profit on AWB and give Laird a chance to be the no2, while spending the money on NO9,DLP, GK, which is doable in one window.

He's great when he's motivated and aggressive enough. ATM he seems physically in top shape and works hard. Both his defending and attacking is improving.

My favourite moments of him today was on both ends of the pitch. Showed some extreme effort to block one of the crosses around 70th minute, never seen him being this rapid over the first 5 meters, being tight with the attacking player. Second onewas one of our counter attacks when he drove the ball forward and played some lovely crossfield pass to swtich the play. Lovely bit of vision and great pace on the ball with perfect execution, which is something we were missing form him before, and showed great confidence to do it too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
got caught a bit surprised by martinelli’s speed on the disallowed goal, after that though adjusted and he didn’t get past him again. Another really tidy performance.

Seeing this extra determination from him is great to see.

tomaldinho1

It can’t be coincidence the pick up in his game, has been almost like a new player this season.

Abraxas

Martinelli just had the legs on him for the disallowed goal. That is going to happen occasionally against quick wingers. You're not going to beat everyone every time in a foot race as a full back, there are some rapid players. It's just a case of reading the situation quickly and hopefully having the better reaction.

Apart from that he did well defensively. He has been so solid in defence which is a major improvement as he's looked a bit wishy washy last year, Danjuma destroying him and such. Now it's solid and his progressive passing is very good.

Cantonaaa!

A transformed player this season. I know he’s not the best defender, but neither are Arnold or James. He has improved a hell of a lot in that area as well as going forward and keeping his composure and concentration.
He’s certainly miles ahead of AWB atm!
Happy if he can make that spot his for the next years. Seems so full of energy and bursting with confidence. I guess playing next to Maguire and Lindelöf didn’t do him any favours.

El Jefe

I'm lost for words. I had this guy as the worst player in our squad but his turn around has been nothing short of brilliant. Martinelli is a very difficult player to mark because of his strength, pace and finishing and after a good spell in the first, Dalot completely shut him out.

What a performance and my MotM.

Real Name

From being sent cant remember where on loan to improving frome game to the other. Fantastic.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Martinelli just had the legs on him for the disallowed goal. That is going to happen occasionally against quick wingers. You're not going to beat everyone every time in a foot race as a full back, there are some rapid players. It's just a case of reading the situation quickly and hopefully having the better reaction.

Apart from that he did well defensively. He has been so solid in defence which is a major improvement as he's looked a bit wishy washy last year, Danjuma destroying him and such. Now it's solid and his progressive passing is very good.
Rather than the legs, it was a mistake from our side. We lost the ball on midfield and we were out of position completely. Even Walker isn't getting Martinelli.

Danjuma again was discussed to death here. He had no support from midfield at all. Now it's a collective defending. Everyone knows their role and how to help each other in defensive and offensive transitions.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was great today. His tackling has improved a lot.

IhabX7

High five machine. I’ve been critical of him but you can’t doubt his attitude and desire and that goes a long way.

AndyMUFC

Definitely deserves a shout out for his performances in these four wins. He's been terrific and will make the right back spot his own for years to come if he can keep this up, which I don't think many have seen coming!

Mmm-Qatarian

Dalot has been absolutely exceptional throughout our last four matches. I believe that there is an argument to be made for him being our best performer.

Someone

Something
He's been great lately and I guess that's why Ralf and ETH wanted to keep him. He has the capacity to learn and improve and he looks much better this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dalot has been absolutely exceptional throughout our last four matches. I believe that there is an argument to be made for him being our best performer.
He's been the most consistent along with Varane. Martinez and Malacia have both brought some fire which is infectious. For me though, Varane is the leader of this group along with Bruno.

Abraxas

Rather than the legs, it was a mistake from our side. We lost the ball on midfield and we were out of position completely. Even Walker isn't getting Martinelli.

Danjuma again was discussed to death here. He had no support from midfield at all. Now it's a collective defending. Everyone knows their role and how to help each other in defensive and offensive transitions.
It's not just about support, the fact is he is defending one v ones with a lot more conviction now, which is something you inevitably face as a full back. The team shape and work rate obviously helps but Dalot is just straight up defending better. Using his brain and also showing aggression.

Sylar

Would love if he keeps this up whole season. Looks like a RB for us

eire-red

I liked the role he played for the second goal. There were a couple of simpler options, or he could have cleared it up the line. Instead he got the head up and plays the ball through the lines to Eriksen, and two passes later Rashford scores.

We're seeing a different level of decision making from him at the moment. Still room for improvement, but he's getting a sustained run in the team and taking it with both hands. Has all the tools for the job, it's up to him to improve and keep going now.

Chief123

There was a thread recently about Dalot being the worst right back in the league. :lol:

He’s been absolutely brilliant since Brentford defeat.

One thing that’s noticeable is he’s become AWB when it comes to one v one defending but not only that, he wins a damn lot of headers!

How long before Jose mourinho does an interview about how he made Dalot into what he is?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He's showing the "high Standards" required my the Boss in games and that is lovely to see.

Wing Attack Plan R

Growing more confident with every game under ETH's eye. He had his work cut out for him today, kept Martinelli and Jesus mostly quiet. He's starting to show some real quality. Previously I had thought he had already hit his ceiling, but he's blown through it under ETH. Hopefully he continues to grow in confidence and ability. He's going to be getting more help from Antony and having a person he can exchange quick passes with should also help keeping the ball and advancing it. Though Dalot was very, very good today.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Totally turn it around in our last 4 games. If he managed to keep up with this kind of form, we may not need to get another RB next summer afterall.

Pronewbie

Peep
Good coaching aside, the boy seems to be very influenced by the dressing room vibes, good or bad. His attitude and work-rates have improved tremendously and I can imagine it being around positive, motivational team-mates in Varane and Martinez.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Honestly I don't know these defensive displays have come from. After a slow start he completely shut Martinelli down. Would be great if he started offering more in attack but so far so good. And I don't even think highly of him.

Waynne

I don't think writing a player off after four years can be considered easy or quick. After that amount of time I think its acceptable for fans to form an opinion.

He has been abysmal for large periods as well. Not just a case of a young player finding his feet.

Much better this season but maybe don't be so quick to decide he's now good enough. Right now with a new manager, a few new players, he's pumped up to the max. Going at it 100%. That likely won't last though so I'd say let's see how he goes after this initial enthusiasm dies down a bit.
That's fair. Encouraging signs for now though but agree with your post.

Lebo

Dalot has taken it a level or 2 up but people pretending like he was a championship level player is beyond me. Some of us wanted him to start ahead of AWB 2 seasons back. And you got a mixed performances due to lack of consistent gametime. His performance when we lost to West harm in the Carabao cup was actually good and he deserved to retain his spot

Status
Not open for further replies.