Do we want Neymar to go to PSG?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unless they buy a new goalkeeper and a better defence, they won't IMHO. You can't win a trophy like a CL without a solid keeper and at the moment, they have clowns playing for them.
Can't be that bad. Barcelona won with Victor Valdes ffs

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Can't be that bad. Barcelona won with Victor Valdes ffs
Valdes was better than their current goalkeepers and he had a good defence but most importantly he wasn't exposed because they could keep the possession so fecking well. PSG can keep possession alright but their keepers are unreliable. Barca's defence was a bit underrated at the time they won 2 CLs in 3 years.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Valdes was better than their current goalkeepers and he had a good defence but most importantly he wasn't exposed because they could keep the possession so fecking well. PSG can keep possession alright but their keepers are unreliable. Barca's defence was a bit underrated at the time they won 2 CLs in 3 years.
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba should be a good defense. Midfield is the bigger issue.

Borat Sagdiyev

The overrating of English football strikes again.:lol:
You're making the mistake of equating top teams' performance in Europe (PSG, RM, Barca, FCB, etc.) with top-to-bottom league quality.

My League One comparison may have been a tad hyperbolic, but I think Swansea would absolutely smash most teams in or near the relegation zone of Ligue 1, and the top half of the Championship would also beat them handily.

Pure conjecture on my part, of course, as there are no meaningful European comps for non-first division teams.

AXVnee7

I think the longer this goes on the less chance it will have of happening. It didn't very unlikely at all when the rumours first start emerging and it's with momentum where it began to really seem like it could happen, as course happens with the majority of transfers. However if the momentum dies down, then it seems less likely. It's not a transfer that can be done overnight. For various and obvious reasons negotiations would surely be extensive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You're making the mistake of equating top teams' performance in Europe (PSG, RM, Barca, FCB, etc.) with top-to-bottom league quality.

My League One comparison may have been a tad hyperbolic, but I think Swansea would absolutely smash most teams in or near the relegation zone of Ligue 1, and the top half of the Championship would also beat them handily.

Pure conjecture on my part, of course, as there are no meaningful European comps for non-first division teams.
I'm not making any mistake.

kouroux

Based on what though other than a figment of your imagination ?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Based on what?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Based on what though other than a figment of your imagination ?
There's no point in entering a discussion kouroux - you know yourself it's based on sweet feck all. The kind of people who make that argument can never possibly justify it. If they think French football is that bad then logically they wouldn't bother watching it because it's so uncompetitive, so it's based on a tiny, tiny sample of real evidence and a lot of made up anecdotal evidence. Alternatively they're so football crazy that they watch everything from the Ligue Un to League 1 on a regular basis and have lost all perspective on the world...

kouroux

There's no point in entering a discussion kouroux - you know yourself it's based on sweet feck all. The kind of people who make that argument can never possibly justify it. If they think French football is that bad then logically they wouldn't bother watching it because it's so uncompetitive, so it's based on a tiny, tiny sample of real evidence and a lot of made up anecdotal evidence. Alternatively they're so football crazy that they watch everything from the Ligue Un to League 1 on a regular basis and have lost all perspective on the world...
Believe me I know :lol:, these clichés are a lot less present on the caf tbh.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
OK but can he do it on a rainy Friday evening in Brest?

Who am I kidding? He will absolutely smash the Ligue 1 to pieces. I bet he'll score over 35 goals in the league alone.

This might be the one biggest reason why I don't like this transfer. It just tips the league so much more in PSG's favour as if it wasn't already. Coupled with Monaco losing lots of key players, PSG will walk the league. I won't be surprised if they wrap up the league before the end of winter.

dmode

Happened to us so too many times... strangely we've always managed to get over with it since it is the team that is more important than everything else.

This shows some character, compared to others :)