Do we want to lose to City?

Morpheus 7

United are a joke at the minute, absolute banter. If we beat city after recent performances I'll nearly be pissed off.

Gordon S

Don’t worry, fluke alone is not enough.
We will actually have to create something resembling a decent attack first.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fully expect United to "react" on this Everton loss by beating City, which would also be an unwanted favor to Liverpool unfortunately.

Andy Hill

What’s our worst ever home defeat? On today’s showing it could be coming up on Wednesday.

LARulz

Fully expect United to "react" on this Everton loss by beating City, which would also be an unwanted favor to Liverpool unfortunately.
Exactly this. I'd rather lose and just "react" against Chelsea

Hamadovich86

Dont think we'd have much say in it frankly. If City turn up we'll get ripped apart.

RoyH1

I cannot see this squad beating a fully motivated City team.

Fridge chutney

Assuming top 4 is already gone, beating City will just add much more misery to our lives.

On this form, there's only 1 winner.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Another 6-1? City's goal difference is reasonable but a little boost wouldn't be a bad thing.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I want to see us play well at least, and hopefully win. Anyone who is thinking more about Liverpool than United at this stage needs to check their priorities.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I want to see us play well at least, and hopefully win. Anyone who is thinking more about Liverpool than United at this stage needs to check their priorities.
Our season is over, winning against City accomplishes nothing. Also we will get slaughtered by City.

Dansk

Now that we can almost certainly forget about top 4, I don't care about the rest of the season and I'd rather see City win the title than Liverpool.

Yakuza_devils

I will be supporting City for the rest of the season. To be fair, they deserve to be champion and they are the best team in the league. Liverpool is having the luckiest ever season with countless jammy and fluke wins.

Minimalist

Well I’ve already said twice in this thread that City are far too good to not win anyway. Now after today I don’t even care what happens.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This thread is somewhat moot at this point.

The likelihood of our lads getting a result on Wednesday is somewhere between slim and none.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This thread is somewhat moot at this point.

The likelihood of our lads getting a result on Wednesday is somewhere between slim and none.
This is exactly what I came in to say.

The best we can hope for is a really strong performance, just edged out 1-0 or something. We're well off the pace.

Honest defeat Wed, and try and end the season strong with a win v Chelsea, and two easy games v fodder.
Then the real work begins.

Mullet_Man

I just hope we keep the score line respectable, it could be ugly if we play like today.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the players let us down again by playing the game of their lives and getting a hard fought draw. A draw does nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well I’ve already said twice in this thread that City are far too good to not win anyway. Now after today I don’t even care what happens.
City have a great record at our place anyway, this last 6years.
With us in this sort of malaise, it can surely only go one way. Even a "reaction" most probably won't happen, as we've been shocking at home for a fair while, and today was meant to be the reaction to the Barcelona smashing.

In fact, have we lost by a margin as big as 7-0 over 2 games in a row since that 6-3, 5-0 combo to Southampton and Newcastle about 20+ years ago?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the players let us down again by playing the game of their lives and getting a hard fought draw. A draw does nothing.
Imagine coming out of the game after a draw or a win.
It'd be like "good performance, but DOHHHH"

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Imagine coming out of the game after a draw or a win.
It'd be like "good performance, but DOHHHH"
A win is not the end of the world, because it might give us the smallest hope of getting top 4. But a draw does nothing for us and only hands Liverpool the title.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A win is not the end of the world, because it might give us the smallest hope of getting top 4. But a draw does nothing for us and only hands Liverpool the title.
I could actually see us winning, and not making top 4. Which would probably be the worst combo, bar an absolute thrashing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I could actually see us winning, and not making top 4. Which would probably be the worst combo, bar an absolute thrashing.
Im of the opinion that we either lose respectably or go guns blazing and make a shock win. If City fail to win the league then I think a Baldy meltdown is very likely, that would be a silver lining to a Liverpool title win.

Cal?

CR7 fan
An absolute thrashing may just be the kick up the backside Ed needs

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Do I want us to lose against City , no never !
But are we going to lose , yes and lose royal , I really fear another 1-6 or worse !
It won't happen. City will have a good period where they score goals then pass the ball around us for the rest of the game. Comfortable 2-0 victory for them unless Laporte has a brain fart.