4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Sometimes a player can have a bad experience at a club for whatever reason. Take Di Maria for example, was rubbish in England, great in Spain and France. I'm not saying Donny will make it at United, but there is 100% a player there, maybe England is not for him, but then again, what chance has he been given. Out of 6k mins in 2 seasons, he probably played less than 1k and most from the bench. Whatever has happened has happened, I am intrigued to see how he develops under his old boss, whom he was outstanding under.
Well, it's more like 100% there's a player there in Holland. Whether there's a player there in strong leagues or at least for a big club is probably not something that can be said with certainty, nothing like 100% anyway.

The longer he produces nothing the more likely it will be that his career massively drops in profile if he has to leave United. Failing under his previous manager is unlikely to be a good look.

Uniquim

Sometimes a player can have a bad experience at a club for whatever reason. Take Di Maria for example, was rubbish in England, great in Spain and France. I'm not saying Donny will make it at United, but there is 100% a player there, maybe England is not for him, but then again, what chance has he been given. Out of 6k mins in 2 seasons, he probably played less than 1k and most from the bench. Whatever has happened has happened, I am intrigued to see how he develops under his old boss, whom he was outstanding under.
1856 minutes. 19 of 50 games were starts, rest from the bench. If you divide by 90, he's played 20.6 games.
599 minutes, 4 of 27 starts in the League. 6.7 games if you divide by 90.
I'm not arguing for or against you. Just figured I'd check the figures.

RuudTom83

Hmmm he is an odd player...but if he can't impact the game at all with ETH as his manager then it might be the end.

Lets revisit his place in the squad at the end of pre-season.

MrBest

Well, it's more like 100% there's a player there in Holland. Whether there's a player there in strong leagues or at least for a big club is probably not something that can be said with certainty, nothing like 100% anyway.

The longer he produces nothing the more likely it will be that his career massively drops in profile if he has to leave United. Failing under his previous manager is unlikely to be a good look.
So let's see, you can join me in 12 months.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He was absolutely ballin before he mentally checked out. Had like what 12 assists?

Olecurls99

He's had 4 league starts in 2 years for us. The chap has been messed around. The jury has to be out until he gets a run of games.

NLunited

omg harsh. You expect him to do well playing with a bunch of youngsters who continuously give away the ball? I think he got the ball like four times.

DvB is class, wait until you see him in a better line-up that is dominating possession. That‘s when he shines with his technical ability and smart movement.

Stacks

You are some guy, why don't we have a debate in 12 months rather than flippantly dismissing every single person / fan that has faith in him. I find people like you, very narrow minded and usually unsuccessful in real life but successful (from a self fulfilled point of view) behind a screen in forums and social media. :D

12 months mate, we debate, im happy to bite my lip if I am wrong, a players luck at a club is sometimes like roulette.
Been here 24 months. Have a decent life thanks. Seen the dude enough to assess. He is ass. We hang onto trash dudes too long with some undeserved sentimentality for random players. I will provide you with emotional support when he let's you down

NLunited

Been here 24 months. Have a decent life thanks. Seen the dude enough to assess. He is ass. We hang onto trash dudes too long with some undeserved sentimentality for random players. I will provide you with emotional support when he let's you down
I don‘t count people this negative as supporters. Why are you even here?

marktan

It's not negative to say a guy that's been absolutely rubbish in his 2 seasons is crap, it's just the truth. People can cling to blind optimism if they want but it's on the pitch that it matters, and all he does is pass 5 yards to the nearest man.

It's like people forget he couldn't even get an appearance for Everton towards the end of his loan spell because he does nothing.

NLunited

It's not negative to say a guy that's been absolutely rubbish in his 2 seasons is crap, it's just the truth. People can cling to blind optimism if they want but it's on the pitch that it matters, and all he does is pass 5 yards to the nearest man.

It's like people forget he couldn't even get an appearance for Everton towards the end of his loan spell because he does nothing.
What it is is your opinion. The way you are sharing it is unsupportive. DvB is a MU player and the new manager sees a role for him. So, let’s see what happens instead of being so negative. It‘s toxic.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hmmm he is an odd player...but if he can't impact the game at all with ETH as his manager then it might be the end.

Lets revisit his place in the squad at the end of pre-season.
At who's expense? Someone needs to be left out of the squad for this VDB experiment 3.0.

Waynne

omg harsh. You expect him to do well playing with a bunch of youngsters who continuously give away the ball? I think he got the ball like four times.

DvB is class, wait until you see him in a better line-up that is dominating possession. That‘s when he shines with his technical ability and smart movement.
He is class. Has shown that class at Ajax linking up very well with Frenkie in midfield. People are quick to write this guy off. He's going to be one of the key players in midfield alongside Frenkie and Fred.

foolsgold

Sometime the club is just too big for a player and regardless of how good their fundamental skill are, they never make the step up, Morgan schneiderlin is a classic example of that. Getting the same vibes from Donny, basically it's now or never.

Trex

Sometime the club is just too big for a player and regardless of how good their fundamental skill are, they never make the step up, Morgan schneiderlin is a classic example of that. Getting the same vibes from Donny, basically it's now or never.
You'll think playing with kids he'll assume responsibility and show what he's about. Its his absolute lack of personality to go with his limited talent that's frustrating.
He really doesn't show any quality even as a substitute.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He is class. Has shown that class at Ajax linking up very well with Frenkie in midfield. People are quick to write this guy off. He's going to be one of the key players in midfield alongside Frenkie and Fred.
Don't think that's true. He failed to impress for any manager in any system against any opposition since signing for United

Mcking

He is not much better than those bunch of youngsters, he is just older and more established than them. He was a medium performer in an Ajax team that have seen their most highly rated players fail to live up to expectations at new clubs.

We were sold a dud and the earlier many start accepting it the better. He is never going to deservedly get that consistent run that many keep dreaming of unless it is going to be for the u23 - he is not going to be played ahead of more proven performers over the years because he scored some goals in the Eredivisie three years ago.

I have seen him play in his favorite position in a team that had Lingard and Mata playing out of position in the midst of their worst years as footballers, yet they comfortably performed much better than him. Lingard looked like a player that had twice the ability of Van de Beek. Andreas Pereira has returned better performances than Van de Beek ever have for the club and he just left for Fulham.

He is class when he doesn't play, but when he now plays and doesn't perform well it is conveniently ignored, until he returns to the bench and he is class again. His best performances seem to have come when he has failed to leave the bench. He should probably stay there for his sake of his career, or risk being exposed.

Stacks

What it is is your opinion. The way you are sharing it is unsupportive. DvB is a MU player and the new manager sees a role for him. So, let’s see what happens instead of being so negative. It‘s toxic.
please don't start this top red nonsense. its nauseating. This is an open forum for honest discussion. You don't have to act like Trump supporters and swear fealty to every player when they play bad. Its a forum. We aren't singing football chants to motivate the players like at games. We are discussion performances and ability. So far he has been wack. its a fact. There has been little to be positive about.
At who's expense? Someone needs to be left out of the squad for this VDB experiment 3.0.
or the first team. i would rather we sign 2 midfielders
He is not much better than those bunch of youngsters, he is just older and more established than them. He was a medium performer in an Ajax team that have seen their most highly rated players fail to live up to expectations at new clubs.

We were sold a dud and the earlier many start accepting it the better. He is never going to deservedly get that consistent run that many keep dreaming of unless it is going to be for the u23 - he is not going to be played ahead of more proven performers over the years because he scored some goals in the Eredivisie three years ago.

I have seen him play in his favorite position in a team that had Lingard and Mata playing out of position in the midst of their worst years as footballers, yet they comfortably performed much better than him. Lingard looked like a player that had twice the ability of Van de Beek. Andreas Pereira has returned better performances than Van de Beek ever have for the club and he just left for Fulham.

He is class when he doesn't play, but when he now plays and doesn't perform well it is conveniently ignored, until he returns to the bench and he is class again. His best performances seem to have come when he has failed to leave the bench. He should probably stay there for his sake of his career, or risk being exposed.
this goes over many heads.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think if Eriksen and one more midfielder join that we might see DVB sent out on loan

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You are some guy, why don't we have a debate in 12 months rather than flippantly dismissing every single person / fan that has faith in him. I find people like you, very narrow minded and usually unsuccessful in real life but successful (from a self fulfilled point of view) behind a screen in forums and social media. :D

12 months mate, we debate, im happy to bite my lip if I am wrong, a players luck at a club is sometimes like roulette.
Grow up

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Having an opinion on a player(s) isn’t supportive or unsupportive… you want people to lie? That makes them a fan does it?

He hasn’t shown anything to warrant a place here, to the point we’d rather loan him than keep him on the bench. You can say he had limited FT opportunities but have a think why and what managers saw (or didn’t see) in training. Even in that end of season game v Wolves year before last, he tapped some short passes and stood by Wolves players to seemingly avoid being open.

Confidence may be shot and if he turns it around, great but he needs to do something to show the club/fans why he’s worth keeping, grab every opportunity… even if only half a friendly. All the “go Donny” Caf posts in the world won’t help him become a decent player for us… crisp passing, effort, tracking back, tackles, runs with/without the ball might.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always felt like I could feel how good Van De Beek is depending on where he plays.

The deeper he plays the less of value he is. The further up almost like a false 9/Firmino he is then he seems a better player.

Nick.

He needs to improve a whole lot more from what he showed yesterday.

Crashoutcassius

He's had 4 league starts in 2 years for us. The chap has been messed around. The jury has to be out until he gets a run of games.
Guy above said he had near 2000 minutes or 20 full games. He had more in his first season. He had a good shot that season and made us worse. Fans gave excuses about Ole etc some called it bullying and other wierd stuff. He has no excuses now, he either steps up or moves along. I like him for the record, think he can play a role in the prem and cup comps. He is a different player than Bruno and was signed as a plan b 10 option, I think that is still valid if he can improve his performances under ETH.

Mcking

please don't start this top red nonsense. its nauseating. This is an open forum for honest discussion. You don't have to act like Trump supporters and swear fealty to every player when they play bad. Its a forum. We aren't singing football chants to motivate the players like at games. We are discussion performances and ability. So far he has been wack. its a fact. There has been little to be positive about.

or the first team. i would rather we sign 2 midfielders

this goes over many heads.
Their proclaimed creative genius Ziyech has been a flop at Chelsea, De Ligt has been nothing special in the Serie A of all leagues, Frenkie De Jong who imo was by far the biggest talent in that team is still trying to find his feet in the La Liga. Dusan Tadic was top scorer with close to 40 goals and was nothing to write home about at Southampton.

Van de Beek arguably performed at a similar level to the likes of Neres and Tagliafico both of whom have tailed off considerably. So his performances for Ajax means feck all when much better performers has failed, and he has been here for two years without producing a single performance of note.

Crashoutcassius

Their proclaimed creative genius Ziyech has been a flop at Chelsea, De Ligt has been nothing special in the Serie A of all leagues, Frenkie De Jong who imo was by far the biggest talent in that team is still trying to find his feet in the La Liga. Dusan Tadic was top scorer with close to 40 goals and was nothing to write home about at Southampton.

Van de Beek arguably performed at a similar level to the likes of Neres and Tagliafico both of whom have tailed off considerably. So his performances for Ajax means feck all when much better performers has failed, and he has been here for two years without producing a single performance of note.
It's a fair point. Doesn't bode well for our main transfer strategy of signing Dutch league players

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Reassuring that we've been linked to their entire team then :lol:

Bondi77

We should have played Hannibal instead,
He would have combined a lot better with that front line.

Mcking

Reassuring that we've been linked to their entire team then :lol:
Personally don't mind where we are signing players from. It is possible to identify players that could make the step up and fit in here. If Martinez, Antony and co join and look as ordinary as Van de Beek have been, then I won't be looking up to their performances in the Eredivisie.

Trex

This guy get so much leeway from section of the fan base who shit on players who actually contribute. I'm not advocating for negativity towards him but if you can be patient towards VDB, you should be towards every single united player.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This guy get so much leeway from section of the fan base who shit on players who actually contribute. I'm not advocating for negativity towards him but if you can be patient towards VDB, you should be towards every single united player.
Yeah but he has good youtube compilations

romufc

It is interesting to see such a positive agenda on Donny who has done nothing in a United shirt.

The funny thing was Donny was given leeway because "Ole didn't know how to use technical players".

A technical manager comes in, Donny has trained for 2 weeks, Bruno, Mct, Fred 1 week and they start.

GL21

Donny is a good footballer and I'm sure will prove it this season. Hasn't had a fair crack and was almost like he was bring left out spitefully at times with Ole. A start in midfield with Mata against young boys on a plastic pitch isn't much a chance in my opinion. Our other united midfielders are nothing short of hopeless in possession and have been for some time but have had ample opportunity. Can't wait to see football finally sort out the mess

Trex

It is interesting to see such a positive agenda on Donny who has done nothing in a United shirt.

The funny thing was Donny was given leeway because "Ole didn't know how to use technical players".

A technical manager comes in, Donny has trained for 2 weeks, Bruno, Mct, Fred 1 week and they start.
When Zidane Iqbal is showing more against Liverpool men and you a senior pro with champions league experience go totally invisible, you should take a hard look at yourself maybe this simply isn't your level and its no crime.

Trex

Donny is a good footballer and I'm sure will prove it this season. Hasn't had a fair crack and was almost like he was bring left out spitefully at times with Ole. A start in midfield with Mata against young boys on a plastic pitch isn't much a chance in my opinion. Our other united midfielders are nothing short of hopeless in possession and have been for some time but have had ample opportunity. Can't wait to see football finally sort out the mess
This is exactly what I'm referring to, our other midfielder are hopeless but they contribute were as "Laundrup" can't even get in the game.

romufc

When Zidane Iqbal is showing more against Liverpool men and you a senior pro with champions league experience go totally invisible, you should take a hard look at yourself maybe this simply isn't your level and its no crime.
Correct, again there were Donny fans saying he was playing with kids, so what do you expect?

Excuses after excuses for him

Status
Not open for further replies.