4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

Do we even know what kind of injury it is? It has to be a spinal one, maybe he’s growing a new one.

Man Utd 3:0 Sheriff Tiraspol

Bobski

Did alright when he came on in a very attacking role, against a shit team of course but decent movement and a few nice touches.

Telsim

Decent cameo, all things considered. Actively looked for open spaces and opportunities, which is something the team lacked. What he did after receiving the ball left much to be desired. Needs more minutes.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If we can keep playing like this, he's going to be really useful. He is constant movement, and even he doesn't get many touches, he was pulling defenders all over the place and creating space.

MiracleInMadrid

He has a sense of making runs and creating space that neither of our other midfielders seem to have as naturally as him.

Could become useful against the sort of low-block defending we saw from Sheriff today.

Bwuk

He’s a very different style #10 to Bruno.

I actually think he’d do well playing behind Rashford.

Red Rash

Did well considering he hasn't played for a while. I've been saying for a while I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Donny, Casemiro and Eriksen a few times this season as I think it's a combination that could work well

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's a 10 that keeps things ticking for a possession game then will make a run or be around the box for a shot.

I always wanted him to do long passes or dribble a bit but he's not capable. He can play 1 way. Perhaps ETH can unleash him. We'll see.

The United

Thought he was okay around and, in the box, but anywhere else, he is still useless as usual. Right after he got on, he frantically ran back to our side from further up for about 10 yards asking for the ball urgently. Once he got the ball, he passed it right back to the guy right away then jogged right back off.

He will have his usefulness in some games but overall, we really don't need his type of player regularly. Bruno can play like that as well and far better than him anyway.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Thought he was okay around and, in the box, but anywhere else, he is still useless as usual. Right after he got on, he frantically ran back to our side from further up for about 10 yards asking for the ball urgently. Once he got the ball, he passed it right back to the guy right away then jogged right back off.

He will have his usefulness in some games but overall, we really don't need his type of player regularly. Bruno can play like that as well and far better than him anyway.
It’s called creating space but when nobody else is attack the space he created then yes, it’s useless.

In Rainbows

I'm not even a fan of his, but I thought what he did in that instance was smart or rather something Ten Hag wants. Basically, he goes down, and passes the ball back first time, meanwhile there is another player right next to him who will then receive the pass immediately from the deeper midfielder. When DVB runs back to his original position (towards goal), the player that was next to him has the option to flick it to DVB.

The player didn't do it, but that option existed thanks to either DVB or ETH's instructions.

The United

I'm not even a fan of his, but I thought what he did in that instance was smart or rather something Ten Hag wants. Basically, he goes down, and passes the ball back first time, meanwhile there is another player right next to him who will then receive the pass immediately from the deeper midfielder. When DVB runs back to his original position (towards goal), the player that was next to him has the option to flick it to DVB.

The player didn't do it, but that option existed thanks to either DVB or ETH's instructions.
You do that around the box to 'create the space' to attack effectively. Doing it at the halfway line does not help much because someone else in their team will fill up the space left by his marker as that marker would be following too far (making the gap too obvious for professional players to not notice) even if he does.

Options will exist on the screen but most of them can't be executed on the pitch for obvious reasons. And VDB has a habit of just passing back first time all the time anywhere on the field. So, I didn't think it was unusually smart play from him.

NLunited

Did his thing tonight, he looked good cause team around him is playing Hag ball now.

He will press well and his constant runs into space are unsettling for the opponent.

Offers something different than Bruno and Eriksen. Off-the-ball movement rather than pinging balls into the box.

Name Changed

weso26
I always like watching him in his little cameos. He is always on the move, looking for pockets of space. I think he could be an asset in certain games.

croadyman

IF he can't find something resembling his peak Ajax form under Erik when fully fit then it's time to cash in on him,he deserves a few more cameos before World Cup break

ManRed

That was a decent few minutes in his comeback. Could have had a goal and assist in that 12 odd minutes. Also loved the longball he passed to Rashford through the middle, if only Rashy could control it better.

romufc

Donny plays 12 minutes in a game against Sheriff and already posters saying he is better in the role to Bruno..

He done ok, nothing special really.

Status
Not open for further replies.