Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:0 Bournemouth

dove

I seriously struggle to remember a more pointless footballer during all the years I have been watching football. All players tend to have their strengths and weaknesses but this guy is just so painfully average at absolutely everything I just don't get it. He wouldn't look out of place in Championship. Hope his injury is not too serious but honestly he should not get any more minutes at United.

footballbite

You don't like to see players getting injured like that, but I just can't stand watching him play football. He was a bit quicker today, but he continually plays as if he's allergic to the ball, his only thought whenever he receives it is to immediately get rid of it - usually to the opponents. Even when tackling he mostly goes nowhere near the ball.

Utd should have been selling him in January, but with his injury it seems it'll likely have to wait until the summer.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Looked decent in the past 2 games — at least he finally started to resemble a football player again and gave us an interesting option as a shadow striker-ish number 10.
Hopefully he'll recover soon.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Looked decent in the past 2 games — at least he finally started to resemble a football player again and gave us an interesting option as a shadow striker-ish number 10.
Hopefully he'll recover soon.
Shadow footballer maybe.

Telsim

Thought he was decent before that, but just so, so unfortunate.I hope he is alright, but it could be a career-altering injury. He looked like he was really suffering. :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel really bad for him. Hopefully it's not bad, but getting injured in a game like today is gutting for him. He's finally starting and it was a comfortable game, chance for him to get himself a bit of confidence, and he gets injured. I don't rate him, but he's had horrendous luck.

Ou just saw the frame of his injury. Yeah his knee is fecked. Horrible to see. That's him done til January 2024.

Devil81

Thought he was decent before that, but just so, so unfortunate.I hope he is alright, but it could be a career-altering injury. He looked like he was really suffering. :(
That's horrific, you could see he was in agony. I can't believe they didn't stretcher him off the field in that much discomfort.

Aside from that he was absolutely hopeless, he is so weak and does nothing other than play that little side pass. Where is the guy that used to burst into the box for Ajax.

TheGodsInRed

Poor guy. He would have got some more game time in the next couple of games too. Hopefully it's a pull rather than tare.

A-man

Thought he looked quite good, especially when he drifted over to the left. Also very aggressive to win back possession.

Guess he’s just not meant to play for United.

Red Rash

Feel sorry for Donny as he seems like a really likeable guy. Didn't think he was involved enough in the game though so his performance wasn't anything to write home about. Hope the injury isn't too serious

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I seriously struggle to remember a more pointless footballer during all the years I have been watching football. All players tend to have their strengths and weaknesses but this guy is just so painfully average at absolutely everything I just don't get it. He wouldn't look out of place in Championship. Hope his injury is not too serious but honestly he should not get any more minutes at United.
You're not wrong. There's more than a few players excelling in the Dutch league that are just bang average championship players. Most championship teams have a Vincent Janssen (Spurs flop IIRC) up front, for example.

Donny's career is the prime example of "the right place, the right time".

He came through early in ETH's reign and Ajax weren't loaded yet. The bald genius saw a use for him and Donny being on the score sheet in 2-3 champions league games meant he got on everyone's radar. Donny padded his stats by making the right runs while his team did all the heavy lifting. The only difference between him and Guus Til or Davy Klaassen is incredible luck.

BorisManUtd

Shame about injury, thought he looked decent last couple of games, he was surely about to start against Everton and/or Charlton, it's a big shame. Also quite bad for our squad depth. Hopefully he gets well soon.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thought he looked quite good, especially when he drifted over to the left. Also very aggressive to win back possession.

Guess he’s just not meant to play for United.
If the injury is as bad as it looks he’s not meant to play for any other club either. Assuming he’s done his ACL he’ll miss the rest of the season and nobody is signing a player with an injury that bad until he’s been back playing for a while. So he’ll be starting next season still a Manchester United player.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
It's been a while since I was close to tearing up in sheer sympathy for a player, but it happened tonight. The poor guy was finally starting getting some minutes in a functional team with a functional manager who knows him. That may have been his last chance for us.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's been a while since I was close to tearing up in sheer sympathy for a player, but it happened tonight. The poor guy finally starting getting some minutes in a functional team with a functional manager who knows him. That may have been his last chance for us.
I’m confident while Erik is here Donny will have an arm around his shoulder. We’ll see him again just as soon as he is fit.

Oranges038

I'm not a doctor but I'm fairly sure knees aren't supposed to bend that way.

That looks nasty. Hopefully no serious damage done, mostly so it doesn't knock too much money off his sale price.

Idxomer

How the feck did they let him walk off the pitch? I mean what the hell, Donny was in pain ffs
Was weird seeing one of the medical staff laughing while they are walking him off the pitch.

Balljy

How the feck did they let him walk off the pitch? I mean what the hell, Donny was in pain ffs
I've thought that about a few injuries. You've got an asset worth 10's of millions and you allow them to walk off hoping for the best. Then when they're off you give them a coat and an ice bag then move them to the bench. I would have thought getting the medical staff start work immediately on diagnosing would be a better option.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've thought that about a few injuries. You've got an asset worth 10's of millions and you allow them to walk off hoping for the best. Then when they're off you give them a coat and an ice bag then move them to the bench. I would have thought getting the medical staff start work immediately on diagnosing would be a better option.
You have to wait for the swelling to go down before making a solid diagnosis.

Balljy

You have to wait for the swelling to go down before making a solid diagnosis.
I get that, but walking them around and getting them to sit on the bench seems a bit....backwards and could cause more damage depending on what the injury is? I guess it can't otherwise they wouldn't do it - just always found it weird.

A-man

If the injury is as bad as it looks he’s not meant to play for any other club either. Assuming he’s done his ACL he’ll miss the rest of the season and nobody is signing a player with an injury that bad until he’s been back playing for a while. So he’ll be starting next season still a Manchester United player.
I have no clue how bad it is, it he has been either invisible or poor in 90% of his appearances. Today I actually thought he was quite good but then he goes and injure himself…

ArjenIsM3

Ten Hag said in the post match interview with Viaplay Netherlands he expected Donny to be back in training tomorrow but wouldn't get into it because medical information is private. Honestly it was a bit of a weird moment and with Ten Hag it's sometimes hard to judge if he's serious or not but that would be fecking weird after his knee bent like that. I still expect him to be out for months. But hey here's hoping I'm wrong!

Chinchy98

Hope the injury is minor, not looking likely.

On the performance, thought it was abject at best. Looked a little bit more mobile, but offered nothing, some runs from deep beyond a coming short 9/winger to only lose the duel in the air and nothing else.

VDB has no future at a top level club. Physicality is lacking substantially

Waynne

Wish him a speedy recovery but now means we need to get in another midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.