Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Had 3 chances to really impress today and the 3 times he delivered bad passes with lots of time and space. He is just very poor, it's that simple. What he did at Ajax was a mirage

NLunited

Bad cameo, but his passing wasn’t worse than Bruno’s at times. Good movement and pressing.

lost7

There was a perfect counter opportunity, he just needs to slot in rashford on the right but he goes to Bruno on the left instead - baffling.

That other counter he just messed the pass, that can happen to anyone, but the first break shows a lack of football IQ which is supposedly his strong suit

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had 3 chances to really impress today and the 3 times he delivered bad passes with lots of time and space. He is just very poor, it's that simple. What he did at Ajax was a mirage
I am starting to feel this way. Maybe he just needs a fresh start? Bergkamp looked gone at Inter, Arsenal revived him. Maybe in a different set up...

... could just be Davy Klaassen all over again though.

talking robot

Thought he was getting into good positions, and I liked his energy for once. His last ball let him down, but I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him in this false nine roll. Could be a solution as back up to Martial and Rashford if our board lets us down again by not bringing in a proper striker.

Red00012

There was a perfect counter opportunity, he just needs to slot in rashford on the right but he goes to Bruno on the left instead - baffling.

That other counter he just messed the pass, that can happen to anyone, but the first break shows a lack of football IQ which is supposedly his strong suit
And the pass to Bruno was behind him

Sylar

He came on. Yep.

Not sure what else to say cos it wasn't good. It was something because it seemed like he was picking the wrong option each time

FrantikChicken

The positive is that he’s improving. He’s now at least making himself available for the pass. Next step is to actually do something useful once he has the ball as he did get himself in some nice positions

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Picks the wrong option a lot.

I don't know where we go from here with Donnie, I like him as a person just not as a footballer.

Unless he can sort his form out he won't last another season, I genuinely feel bad for him.

RopersReturn

I really don’t understand what’s going on with him (VdB) is it a mental health issue? You’d think that ETH would’ve been able to coax out a performance from him if anyone could, but it’s as if he’s given up entirely and wants to retire from football, he’s been utterly useless.

Ryan Beil

Supports
AS Roma, Real Betis
I am by no means a big fan of his, but don’t think he was half as bad as some of you make out. Could have gone either way in that 3 on 2, and think Bruno should have gone back to him open on the left. Definitely needs to put himself about more

SATA

He hasn’t play much football but he was a sorry sight to watch when he came on. Rashford was livid, Martial and another United player whom i forgot looked like they were talking about Donny’s poor pass after the final whistle

I don’t believe he’s a bad player but perhaps he needs a new environment

SAFMUTD

He's just another body, missplaced a couple of passes under no pressure, got run by in midfield and fecked up a nice counter by making the wrong choice and also delivering a weak pass.

I'm done with him, get rid. He's never going to make it here way too many chances and time and time again he shows nothing to give even slim hope.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is simply not good enough, even when he looks like he runs around a lot, he still simply lacks quality for any pass that is longer than 3 meters.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He shat the bed with one major counter-attacking chance, but otherwise I think that was a pretty decent cameo again. Not sure why there's quite so much negativity.

Bobski

In the last 2 games he has actually been active, a part of the game. That is a 1000% improvement on the vast majority of his ghost performances. The downside of that is being involved illustrates how limited a player he actually is, but limited players can still find areas where they can contribute, see Fred and McT.

Finally showing a bit of fight and pride can make a big difference.

RonaldoVII

He should've done a lot better today given his minutes came when Wolves were throwing more forward and we had chances on the counter. In an ideal January window he'd be sold but I don't think we've the numbers in attack for that.

Dan_F

Should be the first player out the door to raise funds. Had two really good opportunities to kill the game off and chose the wrong option both times. He really offers nothing that we couldn’t get from any average premier league player, for example, Andreas had far more good moments for us.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Still have no idea why he was signed.
Supposed to be a backup/competition for Bruno I assume.

I like that the manager is giving him chances. If he takes a few of them his value should stabilise somewhat. Decent squad player who doesn’t really seem cut out for PL football. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. He’s also never had a run in the team to find his role or to play to his strengths. On the other hand he’s so passive when he does play. I’d sell and I would have also sold during the summer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Like a blind man trying to identify his own testicles, he had an incredible ability to pick the wrong ball today.

OleGunnar20

The guys completely shot, he just needs to move on to whatever team will play him at this point.

Even at his Ajax best he was a bad fit for our side, the signing never made sense. But you'd have hoped with ETH here he could have made something of the situation.

I really think he needs to move on. These minutes would be better spent on any one of our promising young midfielders.

RopersReturn

Needs to be shown the door in January along with Maguire, Jones and possibly AwB? I know it’s been said endlessly but we need to decrease the wage bill to generate funds for a new striker.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He has to go. Got nothing against him hope he can restart his career somewhere but it won't happen here.

Hope we get at least some kind of wedge to go towards someone else.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I wanted to dive into my TV and strangle him when he started arguing the toss with Rashford after that misplaced pass rather than immediately starting to do something useful defensively.

He seems a nice lad but the sooner he leaves the better. I'm all for giving players time, but I literally can't think of an example of a player doing this little for two and a half years after signing as an established pro, then coming good.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poor but this 10 mins cameo isn't good enough for him to kick start. Think he is done here.
If we sign a midfielder, he would be the one to be moved out.

Donut

Would anyone be surprised if he’s playing for FC Gronigen in two years time? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.