4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

How much would get even if the club decides to get rid in the summer?

Given the kind of performance he has been putting up, we'll be lucky to get even 20 million for him

Thiagoal

His minutes would be much better utilised bringing on Iqbal or Mainoo. They are players with great technique and would benefit massively from the experiences!

GoldanoGraham

Would be perfect for Forest or West Ham but reckon he is probably suited to Italy where everything is that bit slower.

Certainly won’t be here beyond the summer.

Giggsyking

Selling him and Maguire now would bring in funds to buy a striker. Is Ajax in need of a midfielder?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That terrible pass at the end just summed him up.

Onerealunited

Is there a realistic chance that we could be converted to a striker and do relatively well?

Andersons Dietician

He was kind of doing alright yesterday but had two absolute brain farts when we were on the break ruining the good stuff he had been doing. The break when it was four of them… why he decided to give that ball to Bruno on the left I’ll never know. Surely the pass was to roll it in to Rashfords path on the right so he is striking it first time in a good position. Instead plays it to Bruno who really had no options then.

2nd one was again on the break with Rashford going free in to space and he decides to go the opposite way. Fair enough if you make that pass it then maybe leaves a simple pass for this on the right into Rashford to tap it in. However the pass was too ambitious.

Seems out of form and trying too hard to stand out. Unfortunatly standing out for the wrong reasons currently.

SATA

Rashford was absolutely livid with him on that pass. Bruno would have put that on a plate for Marcus to go and score

bringbackbebe

It's not even fun picking on VDB's performance any longer. I feel sorry for him. Seriously time to start giving someone else a chance.

kettledrumhamster

Aside from the notable awful passes on the break, the best illustration of his absolute nothingness happened late on when there was a bouncing ball about 30 yards from our goal. He was favourite but almost stepped aside from the wolves player contesting the header, like a timid child. Think Fred and Rashford came in afterward and contested it - as should be the very minimum expectation. But Donny's weakness was embarrassing.

He just seems scared all the time. When we have the ball he doesn't show for the pass - he almost gets himself marked. I've done this when I've felt unconfident playing football. Instead of finding space to receive a pass he gets close to an opposition player. That's about the worst thing a professional footballer can do, completely removes a passing option. Then when the opposition has the ball, he's woefully timid in the challenge. When he's got it himself he can be tidy, if unambitious, but that's only a tiny fraction of what a player at this level needs to do. I just think he's got it in him at all.

NLunited

Reminds me of a certain someone we don’t talk about anymore. Got hopelessly out of form. At one point he caught the ball for a throw before it was out of bounds. Looks a bit ratlike.

Waynne

Reminds me of a certain someone we don’t talk about anymore. Got hopelessly out of form. At one point he caught the ball for a throw before it was out of bounds. Looks a bit ratlike.
Luke Chadwick?

Strootman's Finger

He’s had his chances now. He needs to step up tonight.
So which games did he get a consistent run of starts amongst our first team? Or are you talking coming on for the last 10 minutes, or starting less important games amongst all our weakest players?

TheReligion

Abusive
So which games did he get a consistent run of starts amongst our first team? Or are you talking coming on for the last 10 minutes, or starting less important games amongst all our weakest players?
If you don’t know the answers to the questions you’ve no business discussing him.

He’s starting today and needs to put a performance in. Simple.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Big game tonight Donny. It’s now or never mate. If you perform badly then you should never ever complain about not starting a game again.

Strootman's Finger

If you don’t know the answers to the questions you’ve no business discussing him.

He’s starting today and needs to put a performance in. Simple.
He needs to play good, but this masterclass or sell is bullshit. And he does play good, but people have made up their mind and even if he did have a masterclass most wouldn't even admit it was a decent performance, because then their assessment of Donnie was wrong, and they can't admit that.

Strootman's Finger

Big game tonight Donny. It’s now or never mate. If you perform badly then you should never ever complain about not starting a game again.
Have you ever heard Donnie complain about anything? We fecked his career and he's just sat back silently and accepted it.

TheReligion

Abusive
He needs to play good, but this masterclass or sell is bullshit. And he does play good, but people have made up their mind and even if he did have a masterclass most wouldn't even admit it was a decent performance, because then their assessment of Donnie was wrong, and they can't admit that.
I think he’s got the ideal opportunity tonight to show us what he’s made of.

Let’s hope he takes it.

Kag

A lot of hate for a player that did nothing but have his career ruined by this club.
Cop on. He’s been a cowardly, little shite whenever given the chance.

We need a performance from him tonight; not one of those games in which he sprints towards the player with the ball and then passes it straight back to them while standing in fifteen yards of free space.

Cop on. He’s been a cowardly, little shite whenever given the chance.

We need a performance from him tonight; not one of those games in which he sprints towards the player with the ball and then passes it straight back to them while standing in fifteen yards of free space.
Agreed.

He’s been especially shite because he’s taken no responsibility whatsoever to try and stake a claim here. I hated seeing Fellaini in a United shirt but feck me the guy left everything on the pitch, this fella though, he just actively hides, it’s unforgivable to see as a fan.
Tonight he gets another chance he absolutely has not earned, so let’s hope he finally gets something about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.