Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’d argue it’s more in favour for bringing back a central midfielder, Hannibal makes way more sense than Amad right now.
Maybe so. Amad has been playing behind the strikers recently, which is why I mentioned it. Hannibal is a good shout though, I forgot about him.

Marcus

Get well soon Donny! Looked like the Zlatan injury for us. Poor lad.

Bondi77

His style of play reminds me of when I used to just kick the ball up against the wall when I was a kid and it just came back to me.....he is the wall.

SAFMUTD

The fact that he may be seriously injured, talking about ACL, and not even two pages discussing it sum up his time here.

No one gives a feck apparently if he's injured or not. Hopefully he's ok and we can ship him in the summer. Nothing player.

BarstoolProphet

Gabriel Heinze played on for 15 minutes after rupturing his ACL.
Martin Palermo played on and even scored after rupturing his ACL. The celebration is legendary. I had to be stretchered off (full ACL, MCL and meniscus tear) but a teammate of mine who also did his ACL finished the match and even went to work the next day before checking his knee. The "beauty" of knee injuries.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Martin Palermo played on and even scored after rupturing his ACL. The celebration is legendary. I had to be stretchered off (full ACL, MCL and meniscus tear) but a teammate of mine who also did his ACL finished the match and even went to work the next day before checking his knee. The "beauty" of knee injuries.
Gabriel Heinze played on for 15 minutes after rupturing his ACL.
Adrenaline?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think it’s meniscal damage that causes the most pain, also hurts like hell if the joint capsule is stressed. If a ligament ruptures completely it can be fairly painless (partial tears obviously hurt a lot) The people who play on have probably popped a ligament while somehow not doing any other damage.

Donny looked to be in a lot of pain, mind you. I think he only walked off because he so badly wanted to not be badly injured. Poor lad.

lysglimt

Scout
As I recall, Gazza played on for a little while when he did his knee.

gza the genius

Terrible for him, if true.

Quite the blow for the squad too, regardless of what fans think of him.
He's been hurt this entire season as is and been invisible when he has played. The biggest loss to United is that we'll be stuck with him next season. I feel terrible for him personally obviously but it's no real loss to United other than financially.

led_scholes

I actually thought that he started participating more in our play and he had finally left the invisible cloak in the locker room for the last games.

gza the genius

It is a highly insensitive take but not false. A player that the club may be trying to offload gets a season ending/career threatening injury is disastrous for both parties.
I wasn't trying to be insensitive, I truly feel terrible for him. All I'm saying is is that he is no loss to the first team squad and that he would've likely been sold this coming summer but now won't.

NLunited

Terrible news. Ten Hag was obviously trying to get him back in form; he would be very useful in unlocking defenses. Now this happens, just when he looked sharper and fitter.

Let’s not forget what a season he had at Ajax. Doubtful now whether he’ll ever find that form again.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He'll make a full recovery. The question is did the hyperextension cause only minor damage to his ligaments or were there any ruptures? That will determine how long the recovery takes.

The one year tweet above is specualtion and clearly a worst case scenario. It may play out that way but we should wait for the official diagnosis.

SAFMUTD

Sad news, but that'll force us to strenghten the midfield. Hopefully with a better player than Donny.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He'll make a full recovery. The question is did the hyperextension cause only minor damage to his ligaments or were there any ruptures? That will determine how long the recovery takes.

The one year tweet above is specualtion and clearly a worst case scenario. It may play out that way but we should wait for the official diagnosis.
Will be gobsmacked if the ACL wasn’t torn.

georgipep

Why? What has he offered United on the field so far? ETH was trying to make it work for him hence him getting playing time but we could easily throw in Iqbal or whoever else if we need to rest others and not notice any negative difference.
Because he is a Manchester United player, as well as a human being. Also, if Iqbal was offering the same or better, Ten Hag would've played him.

Status
Not open for further replies.