Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, looked painful, which they say is a feature of ligament tears. That said, hyper extending your knee doesn't look like a picnic in any sense and is probably severely uncomfortable in the best cases, too.
I had a similar hyper extension & suffered a tibial plateau fracture, but no ligament damage. That was its own kettle of fish to deal with.

eire-red

I wasn't trying to be insensitive, I truly feel terrible for him. All I'm saying is is that he is no loss to the first team squad and that he would've likely been sold this coming summer but now won't.
You're 100% right. Cynical, but my exact thoughts too.

Marcus

Gabriel Heinze played on for 15 minutes after rupturing his ACL.
I continued playing rugby and finished the match after doing my ACL. Just felt unstable at the time. After the match my knee hurt so much I could not even lift my leg to get into the car. Had to use my hands to help. I think it's adrenaline.

dablem_10

when i made my ACL, it was not painful at all, just shock and scream of what happened. Few minutes later it stiffed and i couldnt walk. Then reconstruction was done but after year it happened again on the same knee. Funny is when "artifficial" ACL torn, i had no stiff, could bend leg, could walk, no blood inside, it just torn. I just wanted to say, that same injury can be different, even for same person. And worst is once you have problem with knee, it can happen again all the time and i had no prior problem before first rupture

Marcelinho87

I see the Empathy Squad has arrived.
What, he asked how it was a big blow and I answered... Ideally as a club and for him we would all be looking to part ways, which now we can't because of a potential long term injury. No malice, no ill intent, just what it is.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Seems a nice lad even if he's not really added much to the club. Wish you well Donny, hope you're back soon!

Oranges038

Gabriel Heinze played on for 15 minutes after rupturing his ACL.
I played a whole half with a torn medial ligament. Sometimes it's just not that sore when it happens initially, adrenaline or whatever.

I remember Stuart Pearce trying to run off a broken leg once. Didn’t go well.
I think Stuart Pearce tried to run off a broken leg twice. The same one in the space of 6 months, he was only back when it happened again.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Any news on Donny? They must have had time to assess his injury by now surely?

userman

Could it be that the club is holding back the info to have a stronger hand while chasing a stop-gap?
With Donny for what can be the rest of the season we probably gonna need a replacement..

croadyman

Could it be that the club is holding back the info to have a stronger hand while chasing a stop-gap?
With Donny for what can be the rest of the season we probably gonna need a replacement..
You would think there might be rumours of who we are targeting if that was the case

userman

You would think there might be rumours of who we are targeting if that was the case
You're probably right and it's might just be wishfull thinking on my end (that a stopgap might come). We can for that matter just bring back Mejbri. First and foremost fingers crossed that it's not that serious for Donny and he's back soon.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
You're probably right and it's might just be wishfull thinking on my end (that a stopgap might come). We can for that matter just brick back Mejbri. First and foremost fingers crossed that it's not that serious for Donny and he's back soon.
@userman is exactly right.

There were no rumours about Weghorst and we apparently made contact with Burnley at our EFL game last year.

Casemiro was another quiet one.

Truth is the journos don’t have that much of an idea what we are doing anymore.

SAFMUTD

What the feck is going on? I cant remember any injury report lasting so long. It's been one week already.

On another note, watching his stats I wonder what happened?

17/18 - 11G-6A
18/19 -12G-12A
19/20 - 10-7A

Those are pretty good numbers for a midfielder. Is the eredevise so shit? is Ajax so oiled up that anyone can put those numbers under their machine?

He seems a nothing player sadly the more he plays the more it looks like it.

The Red Thinker

It's a bit weird they won't say anything yet.

Investigations have found that there was corruption in right Knee. The Tendons in charge were found to be far too bent to extreme actions. Sources say that President Ten Hag is likely to send Donny to a hospital in a 1 year sentence

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
What the feck is going on? I cant remember any injury report lasting so long. It's been one week already.

17/18 - 11G-6A
18/19 -12G-12A
19/20 - 10-7A

Those are pretty good numbers for a midfielder. Is the eredevise so shit? is Ajax so oiled up that anyone can put those numbers under their machine?

Well Ajax always scores a lot, but he also scored a lot in the CL, so it wasn't just the Eredivisie. So it pretty much has to do with Ajax being so oiled up that he was used in a way the really suited his abilities.

Golden Nugget

17/18 - 11G-6A
18/19 -12G-12A
19/20 - 10-7A

Different era, but Dirk Kuyt had
22 goals In 40
36 goals 44
25 goal in 38

In his last 3 years in the Dutch league.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Notification from the United app that he’s out for the season, massive shame for him hopefully he recovers well.

I’m not sure if he’s good enough for United or not, but he’s had rotten luck since signing here.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I know he's been underwhelming but I'd prefer our club to have a little bit more care for a player with such a serious injury.
I agree but if its beneficial to the club I'd look at selling him if there's interest and a good offer on the table. Let's see if we can get Everton to pay £25m for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

17/18 - 11G-6A
18/19 -12G-12A
19/20 - 10-7A

He played as a second striker essentially. He doesn't do much midfielding. Decent presser off the ball, but not a deep midfielder, very much a final ball player but limited otherwise.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He played as a second striker essentially. He doesn't do much midfielding. Decent presser off the ball, but not a deep midfielder, very much a final ball player but limited otherwise.
No he didn't.
Donny van de Beek Manchester United videos, transfer history and stats - Sofascore

Change the dropdown on the right side to the Eredivisie or the CL seasons at Ajax and you'll see that the heatmap disagrees with your statement. Sure he made runs into the box, but that wasn't where he spent most of his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.