e-petition to release the govt Hillsborough files

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ah man, this is so fecked up and we're only scratching the surface I feel. It's a step though, really hope the truth is exposed and the families can get some closure.

sammymc

Shocking! It really would be a touch of class if United fans held aloft a Justice banner away at Anfield next week. Will never happen though! Happy for everyone effected.
unfortunately I think our two sets of fans have gone too far in one direction for that sort of thing to happen.

pity though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Attacking Kelvin MacKenzie now.
I'm damn glad someone mentioned the likes of the BBC regularly employing him as a pundit - he should've been blaacklisted for years since that damn headline :mad: He'll never backdown over what he did :(

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Mike Blerkom ‏@numptymullet

I'm guessing that if Kelvin Mackenzie was on fire right now he would be lacking the required level of piss to survive #jft96

Kelvin Mackenzie - "I was not sorry then & I'm not sorry now...All I did wrong was tell the truth." (Nov 2006)

Chabon

Shocking! It really would be a touch of class if United fans held aloft a Justice banner away at Anfield next week. Will never happen though! Happy for everyone effected.
Surely there are easily enough non-dickheads in our away support that something like this could be done?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
unfortunately I think our two sets of fans have gone too far in one direction for that sort of thing to happen.

pity though.
It is a shame, I would have hoped we could all be adults and show them the sympathy they deserve. It could have happened to any teams fans. I hope they can make some prosecutions now. What they authorities did to the Liverpool fans and their families was a disgrace. They should hang their heads in shame. Doubt they will though. :(

Drifter

American
Forgot about cuddly Boris Johnson and his article.He should say sorry again.

AARRONB06

Surely there are easily enough non-dickheads in our away support that something like this could be done?
I would like to think so. Just couldn't see it happening! If I was going myself I would take one. At the end of the day, 96 people died. Regardless of where they are from it's tradgic! Some kids went the match with their dads and never returned. I'd be proud of our fans if it was pulled off.

Chabon

It is a shame, I would have hoped we could all be adults and show them the sympathy they deserve. It could have happened to any teams fans. I hope they can make some prosecutions now
We'd have been at Hillsborough that day if we hadn't lost to Forest. Far too many of our fans are ignorant cnuts.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
At the end of the day it is not just Liverpool fans or whatever, they are just normal people dying like me and you and we have to look at it that way because it is beyond football. It would be great if it could be done but it probably wont

Liam147

On Probation
Fantastic read. Definitely the best insight to what happened that day. If everyone read that, you don't see how blame could be placed with the fans.
Personally I think something like a mosaic would be a nice touch before the game, sadly I don't think an away team could organise it. If you let it spill into the match though, when all the emotions take over, I imagine it'd be unsuccessful. Do it before the game when people are relatively calm and level headed.

AARRONB06

Fantastic read. Definitely the best insight to what happened that day. If everyone read that, you don't see how blame could be placed with the fans.

Personally I think something like a mosaic would be a nice touch before the game, sadly I don't think an away team could organise it. If you let it spill into the match though, when all the emotions take over, I imagine it'd be unsuccessful. Do it before the game when people are relatively calm and level headed.
Yeah, just before the match would be the perfect time.

DomesticTadpole

At the end of the day it is not just Liverpool fans or whatever, they are just normal people dying like me and you and we have to look at it that way because it is beyond football. It would be great if it could be done but it probably wont
I am so glad the families have been vindicated, but sad that they have gone through this. It should never have happened. They said the ground was not safe either as their had been crushing the year before, so should the F.A. not have given the semi final to another ground unless they made sure it was safe.

Rednails

He's still alive, get him prosecuted. He sounds a lovely human being doesn't he.
He will be able to claim that he was only repeating what the Police told him, same as Kelvin McKenzie, so he will get away with it.

The Police and the Ambulance Authority have no way out of this one though. They lied to cover up their own incompetence and negligence. Guilty.

I watched the statement and debate and I dont think I have ever seen anything so moving and profound in Parliament before.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
2 fecking ambulances out of 42 allowed on the pitch with a policeman blocking anymore. Sickening.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
116 of the 164 statements that were amended, were altered because they were unfavourable to the police :eek:

pauldyson1uk

About time that Liverpool fans were cleared of any blame.
What is going to happen to who ever doctored the Police statements ?They should be made to face charges.
What about this Irvine Patnick and the editor of the The Sun at the time, can nothing be done about them.
I am sure all United fans are glad that Liverpool have justice for the 96 fans that died there.

RIP never forgot but you now have justice.

Chabon

It might go some way towards cutting out the hateful chants that normally occur at our matches with them.
My worry would be if we did have a big gesture like a huge Justice banner, and then they booed Evra. I imagine it would make the atmosphere even more hostile.

kps88

The bloody handshakes will make the atmosphere hostile right from the start.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Glad that after so many years they got justice. Well done to them but what use is words.

Sir A1ex

My worry would be if we did have a big gesture like a huge Justice banner, and then they booed Evra. I imagine it would make the atmosphere even more hostile.
How so?

If and when they boo Evra it will make the atmosphere pretty poisenous ayway - I don't see how having previously made some kind of gesture on Hillsborough would make it worse?

DomesticTadpole

How so?

If and when they boo Evra it will make the atmosphere pretty poisenous ayway - I don't see how having previously made some kind of gesture on Hillsborough would make it worse?
Racism is a nasty business, but it almost seem trivial compared to this. It's a shame.