Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No other forward in our team would do that

Strelok

Tbh I didn't think much of him when he signed for us, turned out a great signing and a great character as well. I started to like him a lot more recently, not because of the goals but his hunger and determination.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Proper player! Runs his lungs out! The hope is that he will spark rashford and martial into life.
Gives me the feeling that he's delighted to be at United unlike the other two.

Chairman Steve

He should be the main starting striker. We looked much better attacking when he got subbed on against Liverpool. Great anticipation, movement and work rate

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He must start every game. If it is true that he can't play every 3 days (which i find odd because he looks fit as it gets) then use him in PL only. But he is for me, first name on the sheet regarding attackers. He is joy to watch and shows how proper no9 should play.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Proper player! Runs his lungs out! The hope is that he will spark rashford and martial into life.
He is a proper player, but we really shouldn’t be relying so heavily on two other attackers ‘sparking back into life’ ... eventually we will have to ask the question are they actually good enough?

Gives me the feeling that he's delighted to be at United unlike the other two.
Seems that way by the way he plays but whether he really is or not is irrelevant, he is obviously a complete professional who totally understands that talent and effort are a killer mix.

Falcow

Man I really want to see this video!
Same.

Dont want to spoil the Cavani party and I am a big fan, however I think his build up play and ability to trap the ball leave something to be desired? I guess he is still adjusting to the pace of the prem however.

GMoore23

I wonder if the 6 month break he was essentially forced into by the lockdown was good for him from a rejuvenating perspective, rather than the negative it was seen as when we first signed him. In the UFC fighters compete at the highest level well into their 30s and often an extended break (something that is rare to experience at the top level of football) can have a transformative effect on their output and physical state.

It's a very different sport I know so maybe not the best comparison but Cavani looks an absolute beast atm.

Needs to be the first choice CF for the rest of the season; as Bruno and Pogba get more of an understanding and anticipation of his movement the goals will start flying in.
I said this before or soon after we'd signed him. I was confident the rest would see him return to near his best.

Giggsy13

Is it any shock that the moment we bring in a genuine world class striker like Cavani that Martial wilts under pressure? This isn’t the first time when you recall how is performance levels dropped when we brought in Zlatan and he and his agent sulked at losing the number 9 shirt. Martial will never really reach his potential here. Cavani could have an Aguero like impact for us.

jem

Is it any shock that the moment we bring in a genuine world class striker like Cavani that Martial wilts under pressure? This isn’t the first time when you recall how is performance levels dropped when we brought in Zlatan and he and his agent sulked at losing the number 9 shirt. Martial will never really reach his potential here. Cavani could have an Aguero like impact for us.
Nah I don't buy it. Martial is just inconsistent as feck. It's annoying, but I don't think it's down to petulance or anything like that.

Strelok

Imo Martial had the right to sulk back then as Jose didn't even bother to talk to him before taking his #9 and gave to Zlatan.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Interesting from that clip notice as soon as Martial gets on the ball 3 Fulham players come to pressure him. Everyone else in a red shirt gets one.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Martial never really got a chance to play as a striker once we signed Zlatan, so that's a bit unfair. Under Mourinho he was purely a left winger, and although he struggled for that first season he then fought his way past Rashford and later on past Sanchez to claim the first choice role.

Giggsy13

Imo Martial had the right to sulk back then as Jose didn't even bother to talk to him before taking his #9 and gave to Zlatan.
He lost it to Zlatan. Instead of sulking, martial should have been ecstatic that he had a chance to give up his number to God.

Man Utd 3:2 Liverpool

Chairman Steve

That leaped header deserved to be a goal at the end :(

At fault for the 2nd goal but thought he was solid. You could see how pissed he was at Greenwood being greedy in the 10th minute for not squaring it to DVDB.

Zoo

Been denied two fantastic Old Trafford goals now by the woodwork.

That leaped header deserved to be a goal at the end :(

At fault for the 2nd goal but thought he was solid. You could see how pissed he was at Greenwood being greedy in the 10th minute for not squaring it to DVDB.
Thought he was class aside from that awful awful pass, so unlike a guy with his experience. Did brilliant to win the free kick and my God, that leap and header :eek:. So unlucky.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did you see how deep he was off the ball? He’s mental :lol:

Guy runs about the pitch like he’s a kid on the playground

Status
Not open for further replies.