5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonzo1

Feels like I'm missing something over here. An international break is usually around 10 days or so? Even with quarantine how does he miss 8 games? What's the story here?

Mainoldo

Terminate the contract and give Ronaldo his number back. What kind of rubbish is this.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This guy isn’t committed to us, if true. He’s essentially on a retirement plan already. I’d rather rid then and try and sign an alternative. (I hear an ex United player might be available)

Deery

Dreary
Feels like I'm missing something over here. An international break is usually around 10 days or so? Even with quarantine how does he miss 8 games? What's the story here?
It’s in the tweet but I agree seems like a lot of matches to miss..

Bosws87

Overreactions like always in here.

A compromise will be found can't really slate a person for wanting to play for their own national team, jesus :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Why did we re-sign him if he's not committed to us?

Missing 8 games in September/October?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Most people here hate their national team especially England.....therefore i'm not surprised about most posts.

But the south americans would die for their country!!!!!

Cavani surely understands that this is not only about us or his country....PL, La Liga and Serie A do the same.

The matches will be anyway cancelled for at least September.

FerociousCorgis

A compromise will be found can't really slate a person for wanting to play for their own national team, jesus :lol:
i mean at some point you have to play for the person paying your bills, it is called a job. This isnt like he would miss a game for us, sounds a bit more extensive. Double up with the fact he hasn't even played a single game yet for us this season makes it even worse. Assuming everything coming out is true

• Cavani getting extended leave meaning he misses preseason and the first few matches.
Bit of an annoyance, but understandable.
  • Sancho not showing any particular drive or desire to come back a few days early to do a preseason training camp with his new team, when 80% of his England teammates (who played a lot more minutes) were long back.
Bit annoying, but understandable.
  • Rashford choosing to sit on England's bench for a summer, then take a holiday before getting a shoulder operation.
  • Cavani finally getting back from his extended leave then demanding to go back to Uruguay to play Internationals and having to quarantine.
Bit annoying.

We've had a string of semi-annoying, semi-understandable things to start the season...and eventually they add up to just being pretty fecking annoying.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

I'm a big fan of Cavani, and he's always seemed a great professional and team player throughout his career. So I'm not going to jump to conclusions until anythings official.

I would be really disappointed if he does end up going and most other players abide by the decision - especially following on from arriving back later than virtually every other PL player and so missing the games so far. If that happened, following on from his late return, then I would start to question his commitment to this final season he seemed reluctant about staying for anyway. But, hopefully, the reports aren't accurate and Cavani will be happy enough to go along with what the majority of the clubs and players choose to do.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

I'm 99% sure the Government will be issuing exemptions at the last minute, like they did with the Euros final in June.

There's just far too much money on the line and the PL will be forcing the issue as a result of the pressure from the big 6

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
that was suck but I get it. Uruguay is his number 1 priority

Born2Lose

Amazing how the tide has changed with this guy, now he's indispensible whereas when he signed he was going to be the next Falcao.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Don’t blame for Cavani for being committed to his country and international football, but I blame United for being so thin up top, for having put all their hopes on a striker who only looks able to offer a part-time contribution to a top European team, and for not understanding the player’s motivation to put his country first.

We aren’t competing at the top of the table without Cavani or someone else leading the line. Mason needs someone to work with. It was obvious all of last season and obvious at the time of him re-signing that he was incapable of playing the majority of our league and European games. Now he’s unavailable for even more.

Mainoldo

They paying him? Man I didn’t know our fans were turning boneless too.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We know from last season how much playing for Uruguay means for Cavani. We have also known about the upcoming travel rules all summer. So zero blame for him at all.

He's only able to play part time anyway, so without this we still needed the backup. Obviously the club believe the current forwards can do the job...

Woodenlung

This forums attitude to players wanting to represent their country is so bizarre. These guys are obviously very proud to play for their nation. Rashford got it in the neck for wanting to play for England and delaying his surgery until after the Euros.

justboy68

Surely he should forego his wages if he goes through with this? It's a joke to be getting paid millions to not even turn up for 10 games +. What other fecking industry would you get away with that? It's total bullshit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Phew, almost thinking to buy his kit. Lucky I hold the decision since I’m not too sure and now I’m 100% sure I won‘t buy it. His commitment towards us is not strong enough.

EngimaMK

Surely he should forego his wages if he goes through with this? It's a joke to be getting paid millions to not even turn up for 10 games +. What other fecking industry would you get away with that? It's total bullshit.
Football has been shit for a long time. The players are arse holes, the clubs are arse holes.

dabeast

The Covid quarantine rules aren’t his fault so I don’t blame him in a WC year.

But, why was he not ready for the start of this season? What was this “personal leave” that he asked for? He is clogging up a place (without even playing) that a genuine club hero like Cristiano could have occupied. He has already hurt us this season - We could have used him when chasing a goal at Southampton like last year.

Sell this fool to City/Boca/Independiente and let’s have Cristiano for a year.

I’d much rather have Mason learning heading and movement off Cristiano than this second-rate guy.

Last edited:

Jibbs

I want United to show some guts and send this guy to Juve and lure Ronaldo back to OT.

croadyman

Surely if this was a possibility we should have took Mendes up on his offer in March for you know who, however think it's very safe to say we have now left it way too late for that to even become a remote possibility. Well unless Fergie fancies doing one of his airport taxi services on behalf of the club

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The Covid quarantine rules aren’t his fault so I don’t blame him in a WC year.

But, why was he not ready for the start of this season? What was this “personal leave” that he asked for? He is clogging up a place (without even playing) that a genuine club hero like Cristiano could have occupied. He has already hurt us this season - We could have used him when chasing a goal at Southampton like last year.

Sell this fool to City/Boca/Independiente and let’s have Cristiano for a year.

I’d much rather have Mason learning heading and movement off Cristiano than this second-rate guy.
Like Ronaldo would have ever joined us

Idxomer

• Cavani getting extended leave meaning he misses preseason and the first few matches.
Bit of an annoyance, but understandable.
  • Sancho not showing any particular drive or desire to come back a few days early to do a preseason training camp with his new team, when 80% of his England teammates (who played a lot more minutes) were long back.
  • Rashford choosing to sit on England's bench for a summer, then take a holiday before getting a shoulder operation.
  • Cavani finally getting back from his extended leave then demanding to go back to Uruguay to play Internationals and having to quarantine.
Bit annoying.

We've had a string of semi-annoying, semi-understandable things to start the season...and eventually they add up to just being pretty fecking annoying.
It's become pretty clear to me that we don't have anyone who can put his foot down in these situations, we really went from one extreme to another after Mourinho.

LoneStar

It's become pretty clear to me that we don't have anyone who can put his foot down in these situations, we really went from one extreme to another after Mourinho.
I don't think United can legally stop him. So not sure what anyone can do at this point. Unless you are talking about dropping him into the reserves or something, which won't benefit us in any way.

Idxomer

I don't think United can legally stop him. So not sure what anyone can do at this point. Unless you are talking about dropping him into the reserves or something, which won't benefit us in any way.
I don't know either but didn't the PL clubs release a statement about not allowing the players to attend these games?

The point is all these situations put together don't paint a good picture about our planning for the season and point to a lack of strong personalities at the club.

meamth

Cavani is like a saint, king and national hero there. His wages goes to the kids in Uruguay.

Understandable why he is more committed to Uruguay than United.

SATA

So the club is paying him over 200K a week worth of wages for him to play most of his matches for Uruguay and he hasn’t even play his first match for United yet this season. Brilliant, what does he think about that?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol: Feckin'ell, Cristiano becomes available and suddenly Cavani is some mercenary he should replace.

How could he possibly want to play for his country in World Cup qualifiers of what would no doubt be his fourth and last World Cup? The cheek!

If the same restrictions emerged with Cristiano, do you reckon he would give Portugal games a miss?

Blame government policies, fixtures, anything really, before taking issue with players moving heaven and earth to respond to their country's call.

Bunch of morons.

LoneStar

I don't know either but didn't the PL clubs release a statement about not allowing the players to attend these games?

The point is all these situations put together don't paint a good picture about our planning for the season and point to a lack of strong personalities at the club.
I read that South Americans always prioritise country over club, which is totally understandable.

I agree that this shows poor planning from the club and management. Especially given that we re-signed him on a new contract recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.