5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Is there something I'm missing? Why did he get so many weeks off holiday? He was dumped out of the Copa America fairly early. He's our best striker and wasn't ready for the new season in which we're already behind the chasing pack.

predator

Youth NITK
He's crucial for us when we come unstuck against teams like Southampton. However the chances are he may be injured at some point or simply be out of form this season which, which is why I have wanted us to get another striker this summer. I thought Ings would do as back up but I wonder if ronaldo is seriously available?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is there something I'm missing? Why did he get so many weeks off holiday? He was dumped out of the Copa America fairly early. He's our best striker and wasn't ready for the new season in which we're already behind the chasing pack.
Personal issues

croadyman

Missed him badly in that second half, only need to look at his performance in this game last season

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Edi would’ve been screaming at the TV seeing all those free headers missed today. Our Tarzan would’ve bagged a hatty.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Feels like he’s still the striker in our strongest 11. Rotation is going to be killer this year though. There was no need for Matic or Martial to start that game. We should be blitzing teams and bringing on the unfit lads at the end to grab another goal. Edi, we need you dude!

jem

Someday this club will fully prepare for the season...
It's been made pretty clear that this time off was a condition of his resigning with us. You can take issue with that if you like, but then he may well not have come back if we had played hardball. We certainly had enough class in the squad today to beat a very underwhelming Southampton side.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Someday this club will fully prepare for the season...
Some day the league will leave enough time for players to recuperate. We’re not the only club with players not available for the start of the season

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's been made pretty clear that this time off was a condition of his resigning with us. You can take issue with that if you like, but then he may well not have come back if we had played hardball. We certainly had enough class in the squad today to beat a very underwhelming Southampton side.
That's quite the issue you highlighted there. He is our main striker and that condition making him absent when we play competitive matches that will shape the season as we go. Our main striker... It's a bit laughable if you think about supposed ambitions for this season.

Agree on Southampton, they will most likely struggle this season, this should be three points.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Some day the league will leave enough time for players to recuperate. We’re not the only club with players not available for the start of the season
I guess this is why we have deep squad and many others don't... Cavani really needs to stay fit this season or this will get ugly, especially for Ole.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't wait to see him back. Especially at a packed Old Trafford.

El Jefe

Really hope he can start this season as he ended the last. More than likely we win that game if he's on the pitch yesterday.

Mike Smalling

Based on Ole's latest comments, he definitely should be ready for the Newcastle game on the 11th, and may even get some minutes against Wolves. Just hoping he won't travel for the Uruguay games.

It's crazy that we are so reliant on 34 year old, but we have no other player like him unfortunately.

jem

That's quite the issue you highlighted there. He is our main striker and that condition making him absent when we play competitive matches that will shape the season as we go. Our main striker... It's a bit laughable if you think about supposed ambitions for this season.

Agree on Southampton, they will most likely struggle this season, this should be three points.
Maybe so, but if it was an agreed-upon condition for his resigning, then there is not really much to complain about.

jem

Dont seem to happy with the decision to ban players from internationals.
I feel for him, but it's time for him to get settled back at United. The team held up its end of the deal; now he needs to focus on the task at hand.

wise_old_man

Dont seem to happy with the decision to ban players from internationals.
Isn't the decision only for this round of call-up?
Cavani should get settled at Manchester and fully prepare for the upcoming league games, instead of flying with the national team and got days off again.

lost7

I think we all know where his priorities are - and they're not with us...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who knows on what terms he stayed here for. But if it's something like Messi prioritizing Argentina over PSG, then we might as well not even count Cavani as part of the squad until December.

LoneStar

We desperately need a 9, and he's going to miss more games now? What sort of contract did we agree with him. Mental.

MUFC OK

We're a bit of a joke. Could've resigned Ronaldo but instead weve got someone who doesnt even prioritise playing for the club, turned up for the start of the season late and will hardly play any of our first 10 fixtures. Make it make sense, PLEASE.

TrustInOle

Troubling news. Likely miss him till Christmas, which would be a useful addition for that period but damn, just more problems to solve on the pitch until then.

Deery

Dreary
I’m getting the impression Cavani doesn’t really want to be here…

spiriticon

Well if he does go and miss nearly half the season, it would have been a hell of a stupid decision to re-sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.