Emi Martinez

reelworld

fair fecks to him. They won the World Cup ffs.
I found him disturbingly entertaining, such a punchable face, but entertaining :lol:. I don't mind him actually, he's having a bit of fun,. If any of you sad fecker won the World Cup, you'd behave exactly like him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kinda makes me our own big bad bruiser keeper. I don't think attackers fancy themselves challenging him. One of those that you love when they're on your side.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Seems like our defenders are allowed to be c*nts but our goalkeepers must be priests :lol:

Mike Smalling

There are so many miserable gits on here :lol:

The guy did a silly thing after winning the World Cup and Golden Glove. Lighten up.

redcucumber

Very, very good keeper for pens and crosses, and the sort of personality you'd rather have on your team than play against you. Still, he's not good enough for us. Questionable shot stopping at times and not very handy at building from the back.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Penalty shootout in a world cup final.

Emi: "Do you want me to help you put the ball on the spot?"
Emi: "Shall I dive late? I can see you are nervous"

England won the Fair Play award for only getting 1 yellow card, they need to learn to get in teams faces too.

It's a sport, you win finals. You don't get a participation medal and everyone thinks you are so nice.

For instance with England, everyone in the world hates England, in the Euros they did, in the WC they do. So if the group is a bunch of cnuts who cares at least they're winning.
You can say that it is getting an edge, but I thought that throwing it the other way was completely unnecessary and it wasn’t sportsmanlike. Hold onto it a little, jump around on the line, but throwing it the other way wasn’t in the spirit of the game in my opinion.

That moment, the dance, the glove penis and the minute silence for someone who beat him 4 times on the night. All together paints the picture of a bit of a twat.

Tarrou

if you were to pick a team of shithouse GOATs the keeper wasn't an obvious choice but he's basically got it wrapped up after one tournament

Hughes35

I think he's class to be honest and all the PK mind games won then a WC.

He does it so well. Completely gets in the opponents head and owns the situation.

Kaos

if you were to pick a team of shithouse GOATs the keeper wasn't an obvious choice but he's basically got it wrapped up after one tournament
He had it nailed down before the world cup. His closest competitor to shithousing extraordinaire between the posts would probably be Pickford.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He is a very good tournament GK but probably not good enough for an elite club competing domestically for trophies and having to win week in week out.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Surely won't be at villa beyond this season? A big club will come calling

evil_geko

Find it funny how he triggers so many people, go on Emi lad! I love his shithousery! :lol:

And about Mbappe thing in the locker, stop being such a miserable moral police ffs.

IRELANDUNITED

fair fecks to him. They won the World Cup ffs.
I found him disturbingly entertaining, such a punchable face, but entertaining :lol:. I don't mind him actually, he's having a bit of fun,. If any of you sad fecker won the World Cup, you'd behave exactly like him
No I wouldn’t and most normal decent people wouldn’t either. The penalty antics are fine, as a former sportsman myself I know you do what you have to to win, but why do a sexual act with the golden glove trophy? What benefit does that bring him except making himself look like a creepy idiot.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He is classless. It was a shitty thing to do throwing away the ball before a young player took a pen and his antics make him extremely unlikeable.

There is funny and genuine and there is complete wanker. He is the latter.
I’m sorry but what a stupid comment. Why would he care about that young player who is taking a penalty against him in a world cup final penalty shootout? His whole job is to win the World Cup for his nation and put off the oppo player so that that young player misses the penalty and guess what? He did put him off and made him miss the target.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
You can say that it is getting an edge, but I thought that throwing it the other way was completely unnecessary and it wasn’t sportsmanlike. Hold onto it a little, jump around on the line, but throwing it the other way wasn’t in the spirit of the game in my opinion.

That moment, the dance, the glove penis and the minute silence for someone who beat him 4 times on the night. All together paints the picture of a bit of a twat.
Throwing it away FROM THE REF too? Ref booked him for something else but not throwing the ball away as he came to get it off him.

If he was my goalie, Id be made up he probably helped win the penalty shootout but if the ref had given him two yellow cards (never going to happen in a million years in a final I realise), I’d have laughed for ages.

Nob… but nob with a WC winners medal?

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He has had his moment and will go down in Argentina folklore.

We got 20m for him, which was good business at the time. Not great with his feet, and as far as im concerned being good at saving penalties is pretty low on the agenda in what one looks for in a keeper. Sure in tournament football being good at saving penalties is a high reward skill. But in league football if your looking for a keeper thats good at stopping penalties, might need to stop giving away so many penalties that having a keeper good enough to save them is a requirement.

Clubs are forever selling players and regretting it later on. But from my point of view, no one at Arsenal regret selling Matinez for 20m. Even if we still had him on the books, he is back up to Ramsdale

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m sorry but what a stupid comment. Why would he care about that young player who is taking a penalty against him in a world cup final penalty shootout? His whole job is to win the World Cup for his nation and put off the oppo player so that that young player misses the penalty and guess what? He did put him off and made him miss the target.
It’s only a stupid comment if you don’t care about the rules of the game and sporting integrity. It’s the same as all the diving and rolling that goes on too. ‘Whatever it takes to win’ goes against the spirit of the game.

His job is to be a goalkeeper and come up trumps in big moments. You could argue all day about how far that can go, but I think it makes him an asshole.

It’s not old-fashioned to think that glorifying that type of behaviour will be to the detriment of the game. It’s certainly not stupid to be sporting. It’s sad that you think it would be.

Throwing it away FROM THE REF too? Ref booked him for something else but not throwing the ball away as he came to get it off him.

If he was my goalie, Id be made up he probably helped win the penalty shootout but if the ref had given him two yellow cards (never going to happen in a million years in a final I realise), I’d have laughed for ages.

Nob… but nob with a WC winners medal?
Yeah, that’s the trade-off. He has his medal, but he had already made two terrific saves (one before the end of extra time, and another penalty). I just think throwing the ball away at that stage was too much and fell too far outside the rules.

Morality and sportsmanship still has a place in the game. The mocking of Mbappe after the game shows his character anyway. The classless celebration too. A muppet of the highest order, but hey, if the edge gave his team the World Cup, who am I to argue?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He’s laughing at someone who beat him 4 times in the match.
Or he is trolling back someone who made fun of South American football some time back. Banter is all about give and take !

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Or he is trolling back someone who made fun of South American football some time back. Banter is all about give and take !
made fun? He just said Brazil and Argentina didnt get to face the same quality of opponents regularly so it was harder for them, it's the truth and it makes Argentina WC win more impressive.

Also no issue with what Martinez did, it's not mean, little post game taunts like that are part of the game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
made fun? He just said Brazil and Argentina didnt get to face the same quality of opponents regularly so it was harder for them, it's the truth and it makes Argentina WC win more impressive.

Also no issue with what Martinez did, it's not mean, little post game taunts like that are part of the game.
Ofcourse . He also said SA Football isn't as advanced as in Europe. I don't know what the hell that means , considering pretty much everyone plays in Europe these days.

Little banter but as you said it's all part of the game and it happened inside the dressing room. There is nothing right or wrong here. Stop moral policing everything (not at you but in general)

Big Andy

Bloke
He did what he had to do, and we'd all buzz if it was our goalie doing that in a penalty shoot out, but surely karma has to catch up with him one day for his antics

Bwuk

He has had his moment and will go down in Argentina folklore.

We got 20m for him, which was good business at the time. Not great with his feet, and as far as im concerned being good at saving penalties is pretty low on the agenda in what one looks for in a keeper. Sure in tournament football being good at saving penalties is a high reward skill. But in league football if your looking for a keeper thats good at stopping penalties, might need to stop giving away so many penalties that having a keeper good enough to save them is a requirement.

Clubs are forever selling players and regretting it later on. But from my point of view, no one at Arsenal regret selling Matinez for 20m. Even if we still had him on the books, he is back up to Ramsdale
No he wouldn't be. Kidding yourself on there.

phelans shorts

He's a better "pure" keeper than Ramsdale just not with his feet.

Would Ramsdale have saved that one on one last night?
The question is irrelevant, but doesn’t Ramsdale have a more than decent track record stopping one on ones anyway? There’s no reason to think he wouldn’t.

At any major club Ramsdale would be picked ahead of him.

Tommy79

Nah, Harald Schumacher had that wrapped up as his since 82, as remember the French newspapers ran a poll of the top 3 hated men in France where, this guy beat HITLER into second place. After the 82 thing at the world cup where he almost took the French lads head off causing him 2 teeth and 3 cracked ribs, and I quote his response to news that Battiston had lost two teeth: "If that's all that's wrong, tell him I'll pay for the crowns"

As for Emi, was that done prior to dressing messi up in his robe ?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I genuinely think Ramsdale is one of the more over-rated players in the league... and a small part of that I think is Arsenal fans not wanting the club to look daft for letting Martinez go.

Martinez is a much better keeper then Ramsdale in my opinion.

Semigoodlookin

He seems a decent enough person in interviews but has little class on the pitch. I am unsure why being sporting is seen as stupid when in reality it is something to aspire to. There has been a slight undercurrent of Argentina being mean-spirited to all opponents and I do not know why. In all the interviews and celebrations, very little (maybe nothing) was said about France in a sporting or sympathetic way. France is not a great rival of Argentina, but there is contempt there. I live in Argentina but am not from here and there is also overly-aggressive anti-French sentiment on social media and a little on mainstream media. Is it just because Mbappe said something partly true?

Having said all that and finding it to be unfortunate, I am mostly happy Argentina and Messi won. I do not like a few of their players but overall they are worthy winners and it means so much to the people here.