Emmanuel Macron

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You disagree with the fact that France only serves the interests of France? It's factual, not debatable and applies to every countries.
Well, French high-level politicians only serve their own interests and there are so many examples to illustrate.

Think about how Alstom has been privatised or our energy policy (change of the electricty mix for more expensive and polluting businesses) that does not make sense at all levels.

However, countries like the USA and China know how to preserve their own interests.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well, French high-level politicians only serve their own interests and there are so many examples to illustrate.

Think about how Alstom has been privatised or our energy policy (change of the electricty mix for more expensive and polluting businesses) that does not make sense at all levels.

However, countries like the USA and China know how to preserve their own interests.
So you are 100% disagreeing with yourself or didn't read the post you quoted.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Definitely, the last sentence of the post you disagreed with concerns the answer that you gave me, "or the interests of the people in charge."
Sorry, I had understood something like "the people they're charged with the responsibility of administrating"

JPRouve

Scout
Sorry, I had understood something like "the people they're charged with the responsibility of administrating"
The people in charge means the people in control which in most democracies means high level politicians and high level civil servants.

OleBoiii

Something tells me you don’t like centrists.
Let's not be rash now. He might dislike centrists and he might not. Whatever your conclusion is, I think it's best if we don't rock the boat too much.

JPRouve

Scout
Interestingly people are happy to make that type of remark about a particular side as if high profile politicians in general aren't vile characters. Macron is obnoxious but it's not different to the average french politician, we have far worse too and they are not centrists.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Interestingly people are happy to make that type of remark about a particular side as if high profile politicians in general aren't vile characters. Macron is obnoxious but it's not different to the average french politician, we have far worse too and they are not centrists.
Macron is okay, I think. Sure he doesn’t get good press amongst certain sections, but things could be far worse (looking at Darmanin and Le Pen, of course). Or could be better (looking at Philippe)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Macron is okay, I think. Sure he doesn’t get good press amongst certain sections, but things could be far worse (looking at Darmanin and Le Pen, of course). Or could be better (looking at Philippe)
Philippe de Villiers you mean I hope, not the other crook :wenger:

JPRouve

Scout
He is okay but I don't like him, so he is obnoxious. :angel:

And yes, it could be worse. All of Darmanin, Le Pen, Mélenchon or Hidalgo are worse and have been worse for a longer time than Macron. In fact Macron has poor press because he isn't one of the perennial crook, it is the PS and LR mouthpieces that are still salty about their humiliating loses.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
He is okay but I don't like him, so he is obnoxious. :angel:

And yes, it could be worse. All of Darmanin, Le Pen, Mélenchon or Hidalgo are worse and have been worse for a longer time than Macron. In fact Macron has poor press because he isn't one of the perennial crook, it is the PS and LR mouthpieces that are still salty about their humiliating loses.
What about Zemmour trying to out-facho Le Pen.

JPRouve

Scout
What about Zemmour trying to out-facho Le Pen.
He isn't a politician yet, despite far right politiicans trying to put him against Le Pen because she isn't xenophobic and incompetent enough.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He isn't a politician yet, despite far right politiicans trying to put him against Le Pen because she isn't xenophobic and incompetent enough.
Zemmour said he might consider the opportunity to apply for the presidential election.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Until he does he isn't a politician which is why I said, yet.
Gosh, you really like to have the final word and get the last word.

By the way, there are several ways of defining the term politician.

Raven

Oops, is it that obvious? :nervous:

On a serious note though, I think centrism is generally a mask worn by some pretty nasty and overtly right wing people to convey some air of sensibility over their dirty dealings. I have no problem with pragmatism and compromise and believe it's necessary for progress but I do have a problem with this false image that is forced upon us that these are sensible people in tough positions because these are actually nasty, dangerous people in powerful positions.

The only reason we seem to put up with these cretins is because "it could be worse". Why is that enough? Why can't we demand more of the people who represent us?

Islamophobia is an epidemic in the West at the moment with some truly shocking things being said and done about and to Muslim people. Macron is at the absolute forefront of this, he's clearly emboldenening the far right and is allowing for a heavy shift to the right in terms of political discourse.

Sorry for the rant but people like Macron, Blair, Obama, Cameron, Bojo, etc, really grind my gears. They all love to play into these culture wars, whether it be benefit thieves, Muslims, black people, yoofs or whoever else rather than come up with, let alone implement any progressive policy and just the right amount of people gobble it right up.

Zlatattack

Such a limp wristed slap, very French. Hilarious nonetheless.

Macrons no Prescott.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Emmanuel Macron takes legal action over Hitler poster comparison
Police speak with wealthy billboard operator who depicted French president as Nazi leader

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...es-legal-action-over-hitler-poster-comparison

Deeply insecure fella is Macron. Looks like freedom of speech is out the window when he’s the target.
He's entitled to a libel lawsuit. A lot people mistake freedom of speech with freedom of any consequence of that speech. It's seems like the billboard owner is a bit butthurt that religious blasphemy is not illegal in France and that Charlie Hebdo got off so easy by having the majority of their staff murdered.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers