End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Feck me. Even Niall wants him gone. Read that again. Niall wants Moyes gone.

So does GB on the matchday thread.
Was just testing polls are still working ;)

In all the years of Liverpool's mediocrity and our dominance, did we ever go to Anfield and utterly own Liverpool in the manner they did us today at Old Trafford?

Even when Liverpool were under Hodgson and we were all over them with Berbatov getting a hat-trick they still put up a good fight and got back into the game at one point.

There is something very wrong with the team and when a group of players with that much talent plays in that manner, in such a big game, it's the manager and his staff that needs to be looked at.

Moyes is looking more and more out of his depth. We have seen no signs of progression or improvement, quite the opposite, and I don't trust him anymore to make us a success next season and beyond.

Tibs

I'd say we find a new manager now, and give him a few games to settle in and see who and what he needs in the summer and move forwards, rather than our midfields passing

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd say we find a new manager now, and give him a few games to settle in and see who and what he needs in the summer and move forwards, rather than our midfields passing
Terrible plan, where do you suppose we go and find a top class manager mid-way through a season that is willing to leave his current club for a team struggling?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Terrible plan, where do you suppose we go and find a top class manager mid-way through a season that is willing to leave his current club for a team struggling?
I'd be amazed if no one wanted the job. This is Manchester United we're talking about. To be given the chance to bring United back up the fore? What top tier manager wouldn't want a challenge like that?

Red Stone

I voted 'Go' because I couldn't think of a single reason to vote 'Stay'.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I think the thing to do is bring on an interim now to allow sufficient time to execute a considered search for a suitable replacement. As to the interim-not Fergie. Maybe appoint Giggs-just a caretaker to allow our guys to get Moyes out of their system.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd be amazed if no one wanted the job. This is Manchester United we're talking about. To be given the chance to bring United back up the fore? What top tier manager wouldn't want a challenge like that?
No he's suggesting the following...
What I am saying is, how can a manager leave a team at this stage of the season, for example if we were to ask Klopp, he's the Dortmund manager, he wouldnt leave Dortmund until the end of the season, nor would Van Gaal for example.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I doubt we'll get a new long term manager with 2 months left, but a caretaker manager until the summer would be the best option. In the summer there will be loads of options I think, and if nobody wants to leave their club (no chance of that), then we can get Van Gaal who wants to manage in the premier league next season.

And by the way, van gaal is Netherlands manager at the moment, not in charge of a club. He's leaving them after the World Cup.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
No he's suggesting the following...

What I am saying is, how can a manager leave a team at this stage of the season, for example if we were to ask Klopp, he's the Dortmund manager, he wouldnt leave Dortmund until the end of the season, nor would Van Gaal for example.
Ah, now I get what you mean. We'd find someone for the interim though.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I doubt we'll get a new long term manager with 2 months left, but a caretaker manager until the summer would be the best option. In the summer there will be loads of options I think, and if nobody wants to leave their club (no chance of that), then we can get Van Gaal who wants to manage in the premier league next season.

And by the way, van gaal is Netherlands manager at the moment, not in charge of a club. He's leaving them after the World Cup.
Yes I know he is the coach of the Netherlands, I was just using the two most commonly linked managers in my example, he still has preparation for the world cup.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
It's not just a case of getting rid of Moyes at this point. It's getting rid of him, replacing him with a new manager who is good enough and allowing him to undo some of Moyes' work such as replacing the coaching staff etc. Better to do this in the summer when we know someone like Van Gaal is available rather than in December when we either just have to make do with what managers are available(and at least off the top of my head I can't think of many good ones that would be available) or trying to pry a manager away from another club which could be difficult. Better a quick release to recover next season or at least use it to begin a proper transition rather than wasting another year.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was just testing polls are still working ;)

In all the years of Liverpool's mediocrity and our dominance, did we ever go to Anfield and utterly own Liverpool in the manner they did us today at Old Trafford?

Even when Liverpool were under Hodgson and we were all over them with Berbatov getting a hat-trick they still put up a good fight and got back into the game at one point.

There is something very wrong with the team and when a group of players with that much talent plays in that manner, in such a big game, it's the manager and his staff that needs to be looked at.

Moyes is looking more and more out of his depth. We have seen no signs of progression or improvement, quite the opposite, and I don't trust him anymore to make us a success next season and beyond.
Although Liverpool owning us is pretty bad, the problem is that we have been owned by so many mediocre teams this season.

By Thursday morning, we'll be adding a Greek team to that list.

Moyes has lost the players or is tactically inept. Either way, him staying does not lend to the belief that things can not get worse. In fact if he stays, I am almost certain things WILL get worse.

Gannicus

The 8% who voted "stay" are just being wummish lunatics. The man should be allowed to finish out the season but sacked the very next morning after the final whistle. It's not working for the club and it's not good for his physical and emotional health to grind through a job he simply is ill-equipped to handle.

Another season of this insipid shit and we're not far from becoming the next Leeds and Forest.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I am certain of it, and if he does stay, I hope we don't spend more than 30-40m in the summer so the next manager gets some funds left when Moyes gets sacked.

Cal?

CR7 fan
The 8% who voted "stay" are just being wummish lunatics. The man should be allowed to finish out the season but sacked the very next morning after the final whistle. It's not working for the club and it's not good for his physical and emotional health to grind through a job he simply is ill-equipped to handle.

Another season of this insipid shit and we're not far from becoming the next Leeds and Forest.
What good will the rest of this season do? Sack him now and start negotiating with Klopp.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It was a jokey post. The bit about 'the jews' didn't give it away?
Ah OK. Yeah I thought that actually and certainly did get joke in first part. Was unsure about 2nd bit. :)

I am one in Moyes stay camp but at the moment I don't see anything in his activities to feel confident. That said, I won't join Moyes out group until the season is done. It will be interesting to see how players play when there is nothing to play for. Do they show passion and put all indecisiveness behind and discover what they are capable of? If that happens, both Moyes and players will know where it went wrong and can put it right next season. If it continues in same shit way, then there won' be anything to support him with except SAF's words.

Gannicus

No, I can assure you I'm genuine and sincere.

It's getting old being called a lunatic or insane or thick every week. You're entitled to your opinions but stop with the petty digs.
Point well taken. My apology is sincere. Apology.

But what exactly is the case for keeping Moyes for a second season?

Gannicus

What good will the rest of this season do? Sack him now and start negotiating with Klopp.
And who takes over for Moyes for our last handful of matches? Phil Neville? He was a roaming clusterfukk as a player and I shudder to think what he would do to us as a manager.

SirAF

Ageist

There is no case. Any CEO of a major company, crashing the results so much down from the previous year would be sacked.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I stand to what I said in October. A top 4 position is the minimum requirement.

bosnian_red

Blind faith and the chance to go "in your face" in the next to impossible chance he comes good. That and being incapable of making your own mind up and taking what SAF says as gospel and sticking by moyes just cause he says he'll come good.

Getsme

And who takes over for Moyes for our last handful of matches? Phil Neville? He was a roaming clusterfukk as a player and I shudder to think what he would do to us as a manager.
The tea lady for all I care. The seasons over, what difference does it make.

Tomalonge

I don't think he's had enough time yet. I'm waiting to see what he does with the summer, if he gets the right players and things start gelling next season he could still make it work. If he doesn't and by December we're still underachieving then I'll be quite happy to show him the door myself.

I've not said once that he's going to be a nailed on success, I've still yet to decide, and my view is a long term one that I appreciate not everyone will share. It's not like I've suddenly decided he's the man for the job, I don't know that, I just haven't decided that he isn't either yet. I've the patience of a musician, getting it wrong is a hell of a way of learning quickly.

bosnian_red

Anyone really. Get meulensteen and Phelan back in the backroom staff, sack moyes, woods and the other people who run the trainings and just use somebody as caretaker manager. Who's the reserve team manager? Or even giggs like Swansea are doing with Monk. They'll know it's temporary but the players will sure as hell respect them a lot more then the current group.

Moriarty

I know that but with all due respect, times have changed in football and none of those clubs were the all powerful Manchester United. We as a club are a global printing press for money and no business men in their right mind are going to allow that to deteriorate.

Nike are on the cusp of a multi-million deal and that US firm Baron Capitol is after buying more shares in the club. People don't this if a) the club is about to go into decline or b) they will not let it go into decline. Have a bit of faith pal.
I do have faith and always have, but I've seen it before and history does have a habit of repeating itself. I don't know what the ramifications of Baron's purchase might be but without serious investment, things could get nasty.

Tomalonge

Blind faith and the chance to go "in your face" in the next to impossible chance he comes good. That and being incapable of making your own mind up and taking what SAF says as gospel and sticking by moyes just cause he says he'll come good.
What SAF said has had absolutely no influence on my opinion, what a complete dickish thing to say.

Getsme

We can do that regardless.
We can but as I said my other post, it would be very disrespectful. If it came out that we asked a club permission to speak to their manager behind Moyes back it would show the Club in a very bad light.

Vinay

Muppet in Training
I don't think he has it in him now to recover from this kind of a start... He clearly has not come to terms with the responsibilities and the size of the post... and from here, although the only way is up, I have a feeling he may have gone too much down in his own estimation of himself to recover...