Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Didn't really have anything to do defensively but looked smooth and composed on the ball.

ti vu

Very J.Boateng esque on ball. Nothing more to tell though as Wigan hardly able to do anything useful offensively.

Having a good game again. Hes so composed on the ball. Just needs to learn when to run and when to pass, and hes not being helped by Jones next to him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Very J.Boateng esque on ball. Nothing more to tell though as Wigan hardly able to do anything useful offensively.
Boateng is probably the best comparison I have seen in regards to active players still playing. I'd argue that Bailly is stronger as well. Great potential.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Reminds me of Vidic/Ferdinand mixed into one (not as good obviously). None of the goals were his fault and everytime he's 1 on 1 he always wins. Has to be our starting CB.

At this rate he's going to be starting for us from day one. Rojo and Jones have been busy competing for the worst player on the pitch award.

Charlie Foley

What a physical specimen. Very well suited to the Premier League in that regard, don't see him getting bullied by the Andy Carrolls of the league.

settembrini

The only real positive to take from the game today was his performance. Can't wait to see him alongside Smalling.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's obviously physically great, but the timing of his interceptions is really good too. I like that so far he hasn't shown any rash tackling, which people who usually are physically dominant can show. He and Smalling together could prove to be rock solid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's very fast and looks very composed on the ball. Sometimes he looks a bit too chilled out, but every goal came from errors that didn't include him in the build-up. He certainly looks like he'll be starting beside Smalling.

m1y2

Certainly looked better than Jones or Rojo, he's good eye for interception and is extremely quick and strong, which is his main attributes, decent on the ball as well, his distribution is not really good though, so with Smalling and Pogba in midfield it doesn't really look like we are going to play anything near possession football, which is good but against lesser sides we might line up with Blind who may run the show next to Smalling..

It will be interesting how it pans out at the back...

Infra-red

Certainly looked better than Jones or Rojo, he's good eye for interception and is extremely quick and strong, which is his main attributes, decent on the ball as well, his distribution is not really good though, so with Smalling and Pogba in midfield it doesn't really look like we are going to play anything near possession football, which is good but against lesser sides we might line up with Blind who may run the show next to Smalling..

I agree with all of this. I'd be amazed if Mourinho didn't request that the club bring in an experienced (preferably ball-playing) CB to partner one of Bailly/Smalling.

m1y2

I agree with all of this. I'd be amazed if Mourinho didn't request that the club bring in an experienced (preferably ball-playing) CB to partner one of Bailly/Smalling.
maybe we are all the time in for Bonucci and the Pogba thing is just a paper talk to raise his praise for Madrid, hopefully we are in for both but I can't see them letting the defender go unfortunately..

Devil may care

I'm liking the cut of his jib. He's got all the attributes to be a top CB without a doubt, looking forward to seeing him partnered with Smalling.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I like this guy. He didn't get outpaced by fecking Aubameyang who's the fastest man alive, doesn't shit his pants, no-nonsense stuff when needed, hope he learns the language soon and carries on from there.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Assuming he won't be sold and stays fit, you still have a much better option in Schweinsteiger. No need to put up with someone as average as Blind, if you can play Bastian as the holding midfielder.

Riz

maybe we are all the time in for Bonucci and the Pogba thing is just a paper talk to raise his praise for Madrid, hopefully we are in for both but I can't see them letting the defender go unfortunately..
That's one hell of a conspiracy :lol:

Bwuk

Bailly will be a starter for us.

I think he'll be our best defender next year. Smalling is wildy over-rated. I'd like us to sign an experienced leader to play next to him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looked very strong. Bailly and Smalling should be among the strongest CB pairing when it comes to physical strength..

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Bailly will be a starter for us.

I think he'll be our best defender next year. Smalling is wildy over-rated. I'd like us to sign an experienced leader to play next to him.
I'd definitely sign another defender. Smalling was very suspect near the end of the season. He's good but He needs to be kept on his toes.

With Bailly going to the Afcon ,another defender won't hurt. Jones and Rojo aren't really defenders

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
With Bailly, Smalling and Shaw we are going to have so much pace at the back, we should be able to afford a high line, #10s are going to struggle to make an impact against that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Lvg has gotten to you

We dont need a ball playing pique esque defender against minnow. That's what the midfielders are.

I'd take a strong solid back door and let the mf/fw deal with scoring

Bwuk

With Bailly, Smalling and Shaw we are going to have so much pace at the back, we should be able to afford a high line, #10s are going to struggle to make an impact against that.
Smalling will wrestle them to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.