Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnandos

Wouldn't take any other CB in the league over Bailly for sure. Only people currently better than him in my opinion are probably Koscielny and Alderweireld guess. Chelsea's defense overall is great but I think thats much more down to the ability of their system as well as Kante and Matic, none of their CB's are better than Bailly. Honestly struggling to think of anyone other than those two better than him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ok well forget Koscielny (who I still believe is a better defender than Bailly) - what about Alderweireld, Luiz, Van Dijk and Vertonghen?
In a 4 man defense (2 CBs) I would take Alderweireld ahead of Bailly and no one else in the league. Kos is a penalty giving machine, is there a CB who gives away so many penalties?

NYAS

Ok well forget Koscielny (who I still believe is a better defender than Bailly) - what about Alderweireld, Luiz, Van Dijk and Vertonghen?
If it was Koscielny of the last couple of seasons compared to Bailly, I would agree with you.

Like I said, at this current moment from the group of players you mentioned I would only consider Alderweireld and Van Dijk. In my view, Alderweireld has been slightly under-rated and Vertonghen slightly over-rated. I was impressed with Van Dijk before his injury, and I think Azpilicueta has been a better performer than Luiz in Chelsea's defence.

Robbie Boy

Toby Alderweireld and Laurent Koscielny are easily the best in the league imo - a good bit ahead of anyone else. Luiz has done well this season as well as Virgil van Dijk to be fair and I rate Vertonghen very highly also. These are the most obvious candidates off the top of my head.
Alderweireld, yes. Koscielny, god no. He's living off his form from past seasons and I don't rate him near the best in the league.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Toby Alderweireld and Laurent Koscielny are easily the best in the league imo - a good bit ahead of anyone else. Luiz has done well this season as well as Virgil van Dijk to be fair and I rate Vertonghen very highly also. These are the most obvious candidates off the top of my head.
Koscielny is so massively overrated, he doesnt deliver in so many top matches with stupid pens, red cards, and atrocious defending. But he is Maldini against Watford, Swansea etc.

LouisDanGaal

not saying he is the best in the league, i'm just wondering who and how many you'd put ahead of him
Alderweireld and David Luiz ahead of him then around about the same area Van Dijk and a not this season koscielny.

Fit kompany would be too but not including for obvious reasons.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Alderweireld and David Luiz ahead of him then around about the same area Van Dijk and a not this season koscielny.

Fit kompany would be too but not including for obvious reasons.
I wouldn't have Van Dijk ahead of Bailly, when Van Dijk is good hes good, but when hes bad hes really bad.

Jaxa

Most impressive thing about Bailly is how he manages to defend so well while looking like he gives zero fecks.
This, i genuinely laugh when watching him, he defends so effortlessly and looks like he's just having fun, can't believe he's 22 either, he's going to be a monster for us

LouisDanGaal

I wouldn't have Van Dijk ahead of Bailly, when Van Dijk is good hes good, but when hes bad hes really bad.
He is as good as bailly when playing well, most likely a touch better, and he has only really had a couple of shocking games as most defenders do at some point. Bailly is being a touch overrated currently, he has huge potential but people are talking about him like he is already there when he played against Watford and in fact in one case got turned by deeney for a chance, he isn't even definitely a starter for us yet.

Cassidy

He is as good as bailly when playing well, most likely a touch better, and he has only really had a couple of shocking games as most defenders do at some point. Bailly is being a touch overrated currently, he has huge potential but people are talking about him like he is already there when he played against Watford and in fact in one case got turned by deeney for a chance, he isn't even definitely a starter for us yet.
Hes had more than a couple.
I wouldn't rate him as better thats all, and I think its safe to say Bailly is a starter here. Apart from when hes been injured or away at AFCON hes started.

LouisDanGaal

Hes had more than a couple.
I wouldn't rate him as better thats all, and I think its safe to say Bailly is a starter here. Apart from when hes been injured or away at AFCON hes started.
There was a couple of matches post injury pre afcon where he didn't and he wouldn't have gone back into the team now if not for injuries. I think our first choice pair is Jones and Rojo.

Cassidy

There was a couple of matches post injury pre afcon where he didn't and he wouldn't have gone back into the team now if not for injuries. I think our first choice pair is Jones and Rojo.
Wasn't that when he was returning from injury?

LouisDanGaal

Mourinho had said he was fit to play, he was on the bench a couple of times. Mourinho doesn't like changing a winning team as he has said recently in regards to dropping rashford as martial had been doing well in training. Bailly probably is our best CB but Jones and Rojo have a great understanding, I'm always confident when its those two.

Martia11

And it also made no sense to return him to the starting 11, knowing that he would leave for AFCON after playing 2-3 games. Jones and Rojo weren't playing too bad either so why risk the chance of the stability being broken when Bailly went to AFCON?

Cassidy

Mourinho had said he was fit to play, he was on the bench a couple of times. Mourinho doesn't like changing a winning team as he has said recently in regards to dropping rashford as martial had been doing well in training. Bailly probably is our best CB but Jones and Rojo have a great understanding, I'm always confident when its those two.
Yes they have played very well

Cassidy

And it also made no sense to return him to the starting 11, knowing that he would leave for AFCON after playing 2-3 games. Jones and Rojo weren't playing too bad either so why risk the chance of the stability being broken when Bailly went to AFCON?
Thats my point. To me hes a starter, will likely remain in the side bar injury for the remainder of the season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This is Bailly, a player with the head on the clouds

Imagine that mistakes in a final against Bayern, or Barça...
Like he's been making mistakes like this every game.

22yo CB making an error? The horror.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think he's my favourite player. You can just see how good he's going to be, and he's already arguably our best CB already. He also doesn't seem remotely phased by anything which is so refreshing after watching Jones and Smalling panic to death every time anything happens.

Love him. Wouldn't trade him for any other young CB in the world.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is bit all over the place tonight, IMO, good thing is that Smalling is having good game so far, Bailly should try to concentrate more.

VanGaalyTime

Honestly don't know which games people watch. E.B has been pretty good despite having no help from Smalling. E.B has already made 3 goal saving tackles.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He wasn't that bad for feck sake! Hate this forum sometimes. Honesty if it wasn't for his blocks/interceptions we would be in deep shit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This is the worst I've seen him play anyway, and he's still had good moments. Let's not overreact over one poor half eh?

Zoo

The problem is in midfield and Valencia is playing too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.