Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trophy Room

Rubbish performance especially in the first half. Constantly drifted out of position and created unnecessary pressure on himself and the rest of the back 4.

The back 5 as a whole bar Daley Blind had a performance to forget. There was no communication or organisation whatsoever. Don't know how we ended up with a clean sheet.

Sylar

I think the smoke from the flares got him high in the first half and he didnt recover.
He was exposed first half but he still managed to get some important blocks in.

Thought he was much more solid second half though

kirk buttercup

not a night to remember for him, was a bit wacky tonight but lets be honest we love his unautardox style so was due a night like this one night. Still love him hopefully he doesn't have as many brainfarts again.

Fracture90

Maybe. Herrera's game IS aggressive though. Fellaini is no Mkhi and there were much bigger gaps than we're used to seeing. Not our best threesome in midfield today. Strangely enough, we were better when Lingard came on & replaced Felly.
Yep, Lingard is far more quicker and agile, better for pressing defenders.

Ik it's his game and the thing we love about him, but when he's a part of MF duo, he needs to be more calculated and composed since there's no Carrick behind him to hold his back.

Thisistheone

He was all over the place first half but in a way this performance was impressive. He showed his metal to recover and was much better 2nd half. Didn't let mistakes get to him.

Still young for a centre back. Will have his off-days.

Oldham

Really mixed game for him. Some very unnerving moments but did also show his class at times...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Drunk Bailly is not the best Bailly, just one of those days I think

I do however appreciate that, despite being from the hottest country of any of our players, he's always in short sleeves and no gloves. Mad bastard.

Terminator

Has potential to become a very good player, good player right now but he can improve a lot.

JoaquinJoaquin

He wasn't that bad for feck sake! Hate this forum sometimes. Honesty if it wasn't for his blocks/interceptions we would be in deep shit.
I'm a big fan of the guy but last night was his worst game by far for us. Everyone is entitled to a bad game once in a while so he certainly gets a pass in my eyes.

::sonny::

Bailly resume:

Passing X
Heading X
Positioning X
Concentration X

Agility V
Tackling V
Anticipation V

redflair

Has got away with a couple of shocking performances (watford away) and here because he's not Jones, Rojo or Smalling.

This was dreadful - and could have put us out of the competition on a different night.

Of course, he's a great prospect - but it'll be interesting to see who starts at Wembley against Southampton. This performance could have affected Jose's thinking.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Bailly resume:

Passing X
Heading X
Positioning X
Concentration X

Agility V
Tackling V
Anticipation V
For that game yeah, he's good at all of those things otherwise, especially passing and has improved in the air a lot recently too.

Kidders

I took my grandson to lasts nights game hoping to point out a few things about defending (he plays CB), Eric (andSmalling) were awful in the first half, I don't think playing with Romero in goal helped as I did'nt see any communication coming from him, that said I am confident he will develope, the question has to be who he plays with in the future ?
Smalling = Both prefer to play RCB
Rojo = Two nutters could be dangerous
Jones = Not gonna happen
Blind = Jose clearly does'nt fancy it, nor do I

Therefore if Bailly is the future then I think we need a LCB to compliment him.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
it's his game and the thing we love about him, but when he's a part of MF duo, he needs to be more calculated and composed since there's no Carrick behind him to hold his back.
True enough ... I thought when Fellaini was picked, it would be his role to hang back and let Herrera/Pogba do their thing. Defo back-fired and hopefully a lesson learned by Jose. Better he should have started Schweiny behind Pogba & Herrera if not Carrick - I don't know if Ander can change his style at this point in his career? Stick to what he does best.

RedMaestro

I like that he almost doesn't "care" about facing the opponents when they are trying to annoy him by playing tough. He just shrugs it off and continues to play. A real pro and if he continues this way, developing, he'll be among the best in the world.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
His worst game for us, but he still had some fantastic defensive moments during the lowest part of his performance. In a way it was the defensive equivalent of Ibrahimovic's performance - he was poor but scored 3. Bailly was poor but still made some great tackles.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
There's enthusiam and then there's stupidity. Hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this in a game where it shouldn't matter.
And then there is poor refereeing. It's barely even a foul.

Robbie Boy

First booking was well deserved as it was a stupid challenge. The second was a fecking joke of a decision by the ref.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Second yellow was nothing, like the ref couldn't wait to send someone off from the side comfortably winning.

What an idiot though. What was the point in both those challenges. Stay on your feet and close to the man. There wasn't any danger.

Theonas

Scout
Might be wrong, but he seems a bit worse off post the African cup of nations.
He was always a work in progress with a lot of potential but also some serious flaws. The natural excitement and honey moon period that comes with a new signing, especially in our case after the frustrations of last year, made people overrate his start for us.

Kag

He's been jumping around like a buffoon from minute one. I wouldn't be starting him at the weekend on the basis of his more recent performances.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like him but he pissed me off with his style of play today, it was clear nothing was going for him today so why push it and keep going aggressively in every tackle, even if he didn't touch the player too much for the second yellow. Poor decision from the ref, but Bailly was asking for it.

Very poor performance again, and I doubt he will make the first XI on Sunday, and I was hoping his last game was just one off and that we'll have in form Bailly and Smalling for Sunday.

ivaldo

Only has himself to blame...
First yellow idiotic second no need.
German ref going by the book nothing wrong with these cards.

Very idiotic..
No he doesn't. Hes not going by the book. It's a nothing challenge, it's not a yellow card. It's very simple.

He quite literally has the ref to blame. He's reffed the reaction, seems like you've been conned by it too.

arthurka

No he doesn't. Hes not going by the book. It's a nothing challenge, it's not a yellow card. It's very simple.

He quite literally has the ref to blame. He's reffed the reaction, seems like you've been conned by it too.
Did he catch the ball with his second yellow?
No he didnt.. He went in didnt get the ball so nothing wrong that the ref gave him the second card.. Could the ref have let him off yes, did he need to no. Bailly has only himself to blame..

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No he didnt.. He went in didnt get the ball so nothing wrong that the ref gave him the second card.. Could the ref have let him off yes, did he need to no. Bailly has only himself to blame..
Its not a yellow card, its neither a careless or reckless challenge. Or persistent fouling. He hardly touched the player at all

NinjaFletch

He shouldn't have been sent off, but thats far too kind on him.

It was daft, needless, and gave the referee a decision to make.

He's a little rash, we already knew that, and he needs to cut it out of his game. No point trying to hide that fact.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
That's bullshit reasoning. Was it yellow? No. That's all matters.

ivaldo

A foul doesn't equal a yellow beleive it or not. It's very simple.

Was it a dangerous challenge or an aggressive challenge? The answer to both of those is no. It's incredibly poor refereeing.

ivaldo

He shouldn't have been sent off, but thats far too kind on him.

It was daft, needless, and gave the referee a decision to make.

He's a little rash, we already knew that, and he needs to cut it out of his game. No point trying to hide that fact.
Yes he can be rash, but do we want him to make no challenges when he's on a yellow? It's a nothing challenge, there's no reason why he shouldn't try to win the ball, he should never have been in any danger of being sent off. It's bad refereeing.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
It's just a really stupid tackle to even attempt. He had just been booked and the player is by the halfway line with his back to goal. Just stand him up.

His rashness has worked in his favour at times too though so hopefully he doesn't cut it out completely and just learns when to dive in and when to stand off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly's a great defender but a bit brain dead at times. I'm pretty sure Mourinho will have a not so quiet word with him in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.