Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OohAahMartial

Think he's becoming another favourite of mine and many others too. Just what we've been needing-can't wait to see him with Smalling. Good job scouts!

Z_Wolf

I have seen this guy a couple of time when he played for Villarial. bar some reckless tackles, He is very good. He contained Ronaldo.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he will compliment smalling very well. Some rashness that needs to be ironed out, but in general it was a very commanding display, and indeed very promising.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
There was a moment somewhere in the 80th - 90th minute, where he and a Leicester player were jumping for the ball, and he screamed in their face and put them off balance :lol:
Afterwards he calmly collected the ball and passed it on

I'm loving this guy already

Mindhunter

Apart from his brilliant tackles and the raw talent on display, one thing I was very impressed with is his amazing pace off the ball. He is probably the fastest CB I have seen in a while.

I am sure with proper coaching and conditioning, he will improve his decision making and positioning but he is a really exciting talent and I am hoping he can grow to be a world beater here.

suheilsworld

Been in my list of most promising signing for the season. Remember he is only 22. Can really develop into a long serving defender for us. I know it is too soon to tell, but I have high hopes.

The Red Thinker

He exudes authority and confidence through just stopping the ball dead when he intercepts the ball. He is obviously not the play-maker from deep like Blind is but I wonder what people who thought he was suspect on the ball were watching. Top class scouting from the club.
Unfortunately the lad is suspect on the ball.

It was impossible to see today because Leicester are not a team to press our defenders. They play deep and hit on the counter. In open play, our man Bailly is perfectly fine with not too much pressure on him. But, against the likes of City and Liverpool and Tottenham, he'll face problems. When we play Smalling and Bailly we'll have two players who arent the best for playing from the back.

His passing technique is fine, composure is what he can be sometimes accused of not having.

I don't believe that. I believe the boy's got it in him but we will see a fair few wayward passes from the lad and sometimes even go for the berserk clearance. Don't be surprised when it happens. With age, he'll be just fine.

Robbie Boy

Mental performance, he looked rash as feck at times but still more often than not, managed to come away with the ball. He's going to be a definite fans favourite. Very good competitive debut, it has to be said.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very impressive performance, looks like we have a real player here. I do have some question marks about his aerial ability though, it's something I even picked up from his Villareal days and every preseason game too. He has a wierd jumping technique, he doesn't seem to jump upright, but almost jump and duck into the ball, which causes him to get under it a bit. Lukaku had a header against us where Bailly transferred him curiously like that, he did the same again a few times yesterday.

If he wasn't so brave, I'd accuse it of being almost cowardly. Seems a technical thing, but he doesn't fully convince me when he goes up.

John Keiler

Just got back from Wembley and haven't read all posts, but in my opinion we have a real diamond here. From the start yesterday he just took over the defence and was marshalling Blind a lot of the time - also in constant contact with the full backs too [when Valencia could actually be bothered to defend].

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Very impressive performance, looks like we have a real player here. I do have some question marks about his aerial ability though, it's something I even picked up from his Villareal days and every preseason game too. He has a wierd jumping technique, he doesn't seem to jump upright, but almost jump and duck into the ball, which causes him to get under it a bit. Lukaku had a header against us where Bailly transferred him curiously like that, he did the same again a few times yesterday.

If he wasn't so brave, I'd accuse it of being almost cowardly. Seems a technical thing, but he doesn't fully convince me when he goes up.
Could have been sent off for doing exactly that. It almost makes it look as though he's not competing for the ball. Which refs won't take kindly to. Definitely a technical issue, though. Which he's young enough to correct.

Rick88

One thing I noticed was that he rarely dwells on the ball. A couple of touches and the ball has left his foot.
Got a hint of his craziness when he went for a header in the Leicester penalty box after he had lost his boot.

The White Pele

Really like the look of Bailly. I'm impressed with his ability on the ball too which should complement Smalling.

With those two at the back, Pogba in midfield we suddenly have a very physically imposing side which is something we have lacked in recent seasons. It will be nice not having to compromise on quality in certain away game selections to add more 'steel' to our XI.

I mean just look at this:

----------------------DDG
Valencia---Smalling-----Bailly-----Shaw
-----------Pogba-----Schneiderlin
Martial--------Zlatan-----------Depay
--------------Rashford

scary athleticism!

N.B not my preferred XI just an example of a potentially physical side.

eggwithsideburns

I think he will do really well for us and be here for a long time. He does remind me of Vidic a little bit. his decision making should only improve over the years too.

ThanksBoss26

Might need to be a touch patient at first but think he's the potential to become an excellent player for us.

Mike09

I was surprised when I heard he was named as a MOTM. I thought Vardy did get the best out of him a few times, although he played well overall and I'm happy with his performance but he needs to stay on his feet.

RedStarUnited

Unfortunately the lad is suspect on the ball.

It was impossible to see today because Leicester are not a team to press our defenders. They play deep and hit on the counter. In open play, our man Bailly is perfectly fine with not too much pressure on him. But, against the likes of City and Liverpool and Tottenham, he'll face problems. When we play Smalling and Bailly we'll have two players who arent the best for playing from the back.

His passing technique is fine, composure is what he can be sometimes accused of not having.

I don't believe that. I believe the boy's got it in him but we will see a fair few wayward passes from the lad and sometimes even go for the berserk clearance. Don't be surprised when it happens. With age, he'll be just fine.
Surely no matter how good a player is, if a team presses well that guy will suffer.

Compared to Smalling, Baily is Xavi.

podurban2

He is going to be immense for us. I'm calling it, player of the season.

Litch

Eric the beast.....who can also pass the bloody ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.