Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
67% possession. 3 clear cut chances. ‘Constant threats’
Bruno just skimmed a tap in wide, Casemiro missed a point blank header, Martial was through and looked like he ran through cement, and we scored 2 outside of that. Forrest have had to defend 8 corners already, lord knows how many shots and it's 65 minutes in.

Peer over to the Arsenal game last week, or right now (they're losing by the way). Or Chelsea last week or Liverpool vs Bournemouth for large periods of the game. And then tell me where we look relatively.

Edit and now Forrest have a red card because Bruno was through.

JG3001

Since SAF retired, we have signed in midfield: Fellaini (Moyes), Blind, Herrera, Scheinderling, Schweinsteiger (LvG), Matic, Pogba, Fred (Mourinho), Donny (Ole), Casemiro, Eriksen and Mount (ten Hag).

We have signed many, just that we have been shit at it. Not a single player without questions there.
Agreed they have been dire. However, IMO that’s not many midfielders over 10 years. And half of them, I couldn’t tell you their best position, square pegs, round holes

Revan

Assumptionman
Agreed they have been dire. However, IMO that’s not many midfielders over 10 years. And half of them, I couldn’t tell you their best position, square pegs, round holes
It is 12 midfielders in 10 years. Which club has signed more?

Jezpeza

Bruno just skimmed a tap in wide, Casemiro missed a point blank header, Martial was through and looked like he ran through cement, and we scored 2 outside of that. Forrest have had to defend 8 corners already, lord knows how many shots and it's 65 minutes in.

Peer over to the Arsenal game last week, or right now (they're losing by the way). Or Chelsea last week or Liverpool vs Bournemouth for large periods of the game. And then tell me where we look relatively.

Edit and now Forrest have a red card because Bruno was through.
none of it detracts from the fact we are poor in possession. We are lucky forest are a poor side. 2-0 headstart against most pl sides and we are done.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
none of it detracts from the fact we are poor in possession. We are lucky forest are a poor side. 2-0 headstart against most pl sides and we are done.
Their goal came from a corner turned over and a corner of their own. What does that have to do with us generally in possession? Look at the possession stats today, look at the XG stats, look at the sheer domination from 5mins-75mins (and counting.

I'm not denying that we need to do better to retain the ball, but I'm just confused why you're moving goalposts just to dick on Ten Hag for no reason.

Redstain

This is why there's no use commenting when the game is still live. Teams showed much character to come back under previous individuals they would have dropped their heads.

Last edited:

PoTMS

We play some awful football and ultimately he's responsible for that.

izec

The composure in midfield and in the team will cost him. We dont dominate at all. Our passing is regressing by the game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was still a terrible game and we should not be scrapping a win against a poor Nottingham team.

I think many on here have fallen in love with the idea of ten Hag but ultimately he’s very far from elite level and will not lead us to major trophies. The fact we allowed him to spend £500m on his targets, nearly all of whom are dross, is mind boggling.

TGod

It was still a terrible game and we should not be scrapping a win against a poor Nottingham team.

I think many on here have fallen in love with the idea of ten Hag but ultimately he’s very far from elite level and will not lead us to major trophies. The fact we allowed him to spend £500m on his targets, nearly all of whom are dross, is mind boggling.
It's now 500 million? Wow

TGod

The composure in midfield and in the team will cost him. We dont dominate at all. Our passing is regressing by the game.
We've dominated the game from start to finish. What game are even watching.

PoTMS

I'm not sure he's gonna have us competing for the big trophies. Sure, he'll probably do enough to win the odd cup and qualify for top 4 but there's a glass ceiling.

JG3001

It is 12 midfielders in 10 years. Which club has signed more?
Haven’t a clue, wasn’t trying to argue that I’m right, just said in my opinion. Midfield is a big place and we seem to constantly neglect the defensive side of it.

justboy68

He looked seriously unhappy on the sidelines at points. He knows this is shit at the moment. Luckily we are coming out of this dodgy start with 6 points somehow so if he can fix things we are still in a good spot. He needs to find it fast though with the games coming up. Playing like this it's clear to anyone with eyes that it's only a matter of time before someone pulls our pants down again.

Sanchez7

Another awful performance. Couldn't make more than a couple of passes without giving it away against 10 men. EtH needs to sort it out.

el3mel

Papering over cracks but I liked how he managed to get a good reaction from the team. I will take the win. These don't come that often nowadays so gonna enjoy it.

DevilRed

Him and SAF looked pretty angry during the entirety of the match.

Not surprising considering this team has no fitness, no legs and no cajones keep hold of the ball for longer than 2 seconds.

The number of times we give away the ball is criminal.

Revan

Assumptionman

Unfortunately, I agree with every word you said.

hobbers

Needs two new midfielders, another new right winger, another striker, another centreback and a left back.

But that's to be expected, because we're only 3 transfer windows and £380m of signings into a rebuild.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Very lucky that individual moments got him the win today.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why we never defend result with trying to have possession? Instead he always parks the bus basically. And then we blame stupid corner, free kick or whatever when we concede late goal.

Semigoodlookin

Papering over cracks but I liked how he managed to get a good reaction from the team. I will take the win. These don't come that often nowadays so gonna enjoy it.
Wins don't come often nowadays? You're talking like United have been relegation fodder for years.

DevilRed

A poor 5 minutes followed by a decent game and people still complaining.
This. We ran through them after a poor start.

But the real question is, how do we eliminate these poor starts entirely!?

Its either we start like shit and then come back furiously/aggressively.

Or we start great, don't score and then start to fade in the second half.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good comeback. But it's going to be a long season. So many holes in the squad, such a brittle team defensively and weak in attack.

cyberman

Why we never defend result with trying to have possession? Instead he always parks the bus basically. And then we blame stupid corner, free kick or whatever when we concede late goal.
Conceded 7 points from winning positions last season. I wouldn’t worry about it really.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Kinda of joke to me that he cannot get this team to hold the ball and punish Forest. If this is City or Liverpool, it would punish Forest ruthlessly. Speechless.... is ETH losing the dressing room?