Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two finals and a top 4 finish is a very good season. Hope we can lock down 4th in the coming games

OldSchoolManc

Let’s face it, after the awful season start, plus the Ronaldo situation AND having to deal with Maguire, THEN having no real fit striker for much of the season, this season has been quite remarkable.

Abhinav

He is really stubborn with using Eriksen whenever possible, I felt like this was a mistake today especially that he set up the team to sit back and counter. Which itself is quite disappointing because we had a strong team especially up front so we could've been a bit more brave.

All in all he got us to the final but I think this season is more about assessing the squad then going for an actual style of play.
I think you have to take into account that a lot of our players upfront are in poor form an account of the schedule and / or carrying injuries.
Rashford has just come from an injury and does not seem to be 100%. Martial has been underwhelming. Antony give his all but is still quite inconsistent. Casemiro has just looked very poor since his suspension. Eriksen gives this team some calmness on the ball and the attempt is to give some structure to the play. Unfortunately, due to the reasons I mentioned above, its not really clicking.

Fred is a decent option and I feel he could have used him more. However, if we are honest he was quite average today. He did well to press and draw some mistakes but on the ball he was quite sloppy. Casemiro in this form with Fred would see quite a lot of turnovers I feel.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Sick to death of the moaners in here. The amount of games we’ve played is ridiculous. One cup in the cabinet already, and now an FA Cup final to boot. Top four looks almost certain. Depleted squad. Injuries galore.

If you can’t credit the guy then go support another team. He’s made mistakes, but who the feck doesn’t. Especially in a first season.

Seriously go support city if you’ve got nothing good to whatsoever to say.

I’m not absolving him of any criticism just to be clear. But the way some people go on in here, you’d think he was the reincarnation of Moyes.
Couldn't agree more. It's a truly bizarre thread. I think people just need a place to irrationally vent their frustrations.

Abraxas

He's looking like a winner. 2 cup finals in one season. If you keep putting yourself in the way of opportunities, inevitably you are going to win some. We have one in the bag, the second is a big ask but it's one football match. It's possible.

mav_9me

Probably a good thing, in the end, that we went out of the Europa. No semi finals makes more room for rest.The final would have been 2 days before the FA Cup final, also.

This has been a great season. I didn't think we would get top four; I definitely didn't think we would reach finals and win a trophy.
That would have been a disaster. We would have ended up losing both. At least now I'm confident we'll give City a very good game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
League Cup win, EL quarter final with a big tie win over Barca, comfortable top 4, and now FA Cup final. Pretty crazy when you think about how Martial has been out all season, and his backups have been championship level at best (he himself is only Europa League level anyway, if he could stay fit).

RuudTom83

Really need to manage the minutes of the players now.

Nobody would care if United finish 4th and not 3rd...so give the likes of Rashford and Shaw a game off once in a while and take a few bore draws.

Priority now is to have the squad as fresh as can be for the Cup final.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Really need to manage the minutes of the players now.

Nobody would care if United finish 4th and not 3rd...so give the likes of Rashford and Shaw a game off once in a while and take a few bore draws.

Priority now is to have the squad as fresh as can be for the Cup final.
I know what you mean, but you’ll probably see the key players now play more minutes on the run in, even if our final league place is decided, to keep them in rhythm. You won’t likely see too many youth team players getting minutes.

mav_9me

I know what you mean, but you’ll probably see the key players now play more minutes on the run in, even if our final league place is decided, to keep them in rhythm. You won’t likely see too many youth team players getting minutes.
You are now likely to be right. But ETH and the coaches know the fitness levels. They'll have to optimize for rhythm and fitness.

At least we'll have a few midweek breaks.

The Ferociousness

I thought we rode our luck where we allowed Brighton to dominate and push us back. The defence contained them well, but they managed to whip in dangerous chances, where If they had a recognised competent striker, we could have easily seen us lost the match. That wellbeck free header from the corner would have gone in had it been someone who knows how to score then we'd be talking about a different story about how the gameplan played out.

Delighted we're through but lets not act like it was a masterclass we played brighton who through large periods played us off the park. If we play like this against city, we will get ripped apart.

ScholesyTheWise

I quite like the man, what can I say...
I don't necessarily see us competing for the league in the immediate future,
But I like the direction we're going on.

The upcoming summer will be huge.

Mike Smalling

I quite like the man, what can I say...
I don't necessarily see us competing for the league in the immediate future,
But I like the direction we're going on.

The upcoming summer will be huge.
Indeed. He has already shown that his own targets can be successful in his setup and that he can generally pick players. He needs to be backed. If he isn't we cannot expect more than what we have seen this season. Other teams will also improve.

He done really, really well.

Rusholme Ruffian

It's not only Ole fans, we had a poster in the match day thread and his username was actually 'mou mou land' :lol: hmmmm I wonder who he's a fan of?? :confused::lol:
not to mention the mini Piers Morgans who are still butthurt over his 'treatment' of their hero Ronnie.
We’ve been shite some weeks, my moaning generally coincides with us being shite.
Weirdly though, when we were REALLY shite under Ole (like worst form for 50 years shite) you gave people shit for moaning. You were like a dog with a bone - there was a (long) period where you felt the need to rebut literally the smallest criticism and find excuses for all his shortcomings. And yet here we are towards the end of what looks like it could be our most successful post Fergie season, ETH has already won a trophy (unlike Ole), has the highest win rate of any of our previous managers, and you are sniping at him for sticking to his principles - which is likely one of the characteristics that makes him a successful manager. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

ManRed

I think he is finding it hard to inspire with some of his key players out and others only half fit.

Hope he continues to be ruthless in the summer. Need to sell and replace the captain and his beloved striker wont be easy. Can see us go for a ST, CB and 2 x CM now with our RB situation less a worry.

crossy1686

career ending
not to mention the mini Piers Morgans who are still butthurt over his 'treatment' of their hero Ronnie.

Weirdly though, when we were REALLY shite under Ole (like worst form for 50 years shite) you gave people shit for moaning. You were like a dog with a bone - there was a (long) period where you felt the need to rebut literally the smallest criticism and find excuses for all his shortcomings. And yet here we are towards the end of what looks like it could be our most successful post Fergie season, ETH has already won a trophy (unlike Ole), has the highest win rate of any of our previous managers, and you are sniping at him for sticking to his principles - which is likely one of the characteristics that makes him a successful manager. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.
Okay so you’re moaning about me not moaning about Solskjaer but moaning about Ten Hag, and then criticising me because I should have moaned about Solskjaer when we were shit but not moan about Ten Hag when we’ve been shit?

Tell you what, how about you just type some rules in here about what we all can and can’t post about moving forward so we can be sure to ignore them, cheers.

We just qualified for an FA cup final and you’re in here trying to pull me up on something I said after the Sevilla game. Have a day off from yourself.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Okay so you’re moaning about me not moaning about Solskjaer but moaning about Ten Hag, and then criticising me because I should have moaned about Solskjaer when we were shit but not moan about Ten Hag when we’ve been shit?

Tell you what, how about you just type some rules in here about what we all can and can’t post about moving forward so we can sure to ignore them, cheers.

We just qualified for an FA cup final and you’re in here trying to pull me up on something I said after the Sevilla game. Have a day off from yourself.
:lol:

Rusholme Ruffian

Tell you what, how about you just type some rules in here about what we all can and can’t post about moving forward so we can sure to ignore them, cheers.

I think you're making it more complicated than it is. I'm just saying your criticism of Ten Hag is hypocritical and lacks credibility because of your stance on the previous manager.

crossy1686

career ending
I think you're making it more complicated than it is. I'm just saying your criticism of Ten Hag is hypocritical and lacks credibility because of your stance on the previous manager.
So do you want me to continue being wrong about managers moving forward or do you want me to call out problems when I see them? Because it sounds like you don’t like either of those things and instead you just prefer to moan about them and call people hypocrites.

Rusholme Ruffian

So do you want me to continue being wrong about managers moving forward or do you want me to call out problems when I see them? Because it sounds like you don’t like either of those things and instead you just prefer to moan about them and call people hypocrites.
You do what you like mate - but don't expect to not get called out on it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Some of these wannabe authoritarians on here are pretty pathetic, whether you disagree or agree with any opinion.

It's a bloody discussion thread on EtH and they just demand non-stop creaming of the pants, no matter what happens on the pitch.

Manncunian

Some of these wannabe authoritarians on here are pretty pathetic, whether you disagree or agree with any opinion.

It's a bloody discussion thread on EtH and they just demand non-stop creaming of the pants, no matter what happens on the pitch.
More like people are sick of the incessant mentioning of Solskjaer and claiming more often than not that EtH is inferior to the former. Especially since it’s utter nonsense and adds nothing intelligent to the conversation.

Asking people to not moan at every opportunity, specifically ones that don’t warrant it, is not demanding “non-stop creaming of the pants”.

People preempting every future fixture as a huge loss is also extremely tiresome. This thread, and others, are riddled with posters insisting Brighton would do us over and we’d make a mockery of ourselves. Some carrying on even up until Lindelof‘s pen hit the back of the net. Then they had to admit personal defeat and accept we’d won.

It’s the same culprits day in, day out. It’s all they do on this forum. Yes, all points of view are welcome and important, but relentlessly pushing the same tired old agenda isn’t adding to the discussion. It just creates monotony.

Rightnr

More like people are sick of the incessant mentioning of Solskjaer and claiming more often than not that EtH is inferior to the former. Especially since it’s utter nonsense and adds nothing intelligent to the conversation.

Asking people to not moan at every opportunity, specifically ones that don’t warrant it, is not demanding “non-stop creaming of the pants”.

People preempting every future fixture as a huge loss is also extremely tiresome. This thread, and others, are riddled with posters insisting Brighton would do us over and we’d make a mockery of ourselves. Some carrying on even up until Lindelof‘s pen hit the back of the net. Then they had to admit personal defeat and accept we’d won.

It’s the same culprits day in, day out. It’s all they do on this forum. Yes, all points of view are welcome and important, but relentlessly pushing the same tired old agenda isn’t adding to the discussion. It just creates monotony.
All points of view are welcome unless I disagree with them. Gotcha.

sepulturite

All points of view are welcome unless I disagree with them. Gotcha.
That's not what he said at all, jesus :rolleyes: anyone with eyes can see that some are being relentlessly negative on here lately, as I said earlier on, almost acting like we're in a relegation battle and not where we actually are.

Rightnr

If that’s all you got from what I said; then I pity the level you’re at.
:lol: This is the type of bullshit I'm talking about. Some of you are so up your arse, it's incredible.

I was getting similar dumb responses when I was laying into the failure OGS and yet now you intellectual giants are giving me grief for defending people's right to criticise.

That's not what he said at all, jesus :rolleyes: anyone with eyes can see that some are being relentlessly negative on here lately, as I said earlier on, almost acting like we're in a relegation battle and not where we actually are.
If you disagree, just answer their point or put them on ignore FFS.

This constant push to cancel stuff that you don't like but is within the rules (of the forum in this case) display such a complete lack of mental toughness, it's beyond pathetic.

Rightnr

You are completely missing the point here. It's not about cancelling any kind of criticism of Ten Hag.
Well, whatever. All I'm saying is that it would be more productive for the thread if we address the criticism (no matter how unfair), instead of going for the poster.

It comes across as desperate and EtH does not need it because his record speaks for itself.

But that's just me, I don't take some of this type of stuff that personally as some others on here :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It was an educated guess, but as he didn't deny it then I'm assuming it was accurate!
Yep I'm from Kristiansund because I didn't want Solskjaer sacked 3 years ago before he went on to finish 2nd, showing you up in the process.

sepulturite

:lol: This is the type of bullshit I'm talking about. Some of you are so up your arse, it's incredible.

I was getting similar dumb responses when I was laying into the failure OGS and yet now you intellectual giants are giving me grief for defending people's right to criticise.

If you disagree, just answer their point or put them on ignore FFS.

This constant push to cancel stuff that you don't like but is within the rules (of the forum in this case) display such a complete lack of mental toughness, it's beyond pathetic.
Lack of mental toughness :lol: I'm fine there thanks. I actually find it all hilarious really, how people can be so negative all the time, makes me wonder how they function in their day to day lives, because judging by the meltdowns on here I'd say it's not very well :lol:

But you carry on with your head in the sand if you think the forum is unnecessarily negative these days, it's all good.