g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Idxomer

He's probably a very good coach but I'm not sure anymore if he's a good manager.

His recruitment is undoubtedly terrible but that was known before he came to United.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly think he's out of his depth at United. He's like a rabbit in the headlights and the players have no belief at all in him.

If we lose to Burnley and that is very much a possibility i don't see the point in persisting with him

Red Star One

I would be less worried if it wasn’t for same mistakes all over again, every game. We even concede such similar goals. As if there was little to no learning from mistakes

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Still not sure how we managed to finish 3rd. Somehow we got results which papered over cracks in the performances.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Eh? We hardly collapsed, they scored from first two shots while being terrible.
Terrible? They've been quite comfortable throughout, aside from the chance we had early on.

Is this like the Arsenal game all over again where everyone somehow convinces themselves we actually played really well and deserved to win?

kidbob

Until the structure of this club changes and the signing of players is mostly taken out of the manager's hands and we modernise, no manager will succeed at this club. Even our best players in Rashford and Bruno are not on the technical level required for a big club in modern football. Fell for ETH, not because I think he's brilliant, because it is literally an impossible job with technically bad players and over the hill overpaid ones. In saying that his signings are terrible.

marktan

He's probably a very good coach but I'm not sure anymore if he's a good manager.

His recruitment is undoubtedly terrible but that was known before he came to United.
Tbf most big clubs and even the likes of Brighton and Brentford don't let the manager do recruitment anymore. It's impossible to be good at it in the modern game with how much demands a coach has. The club is letting him down by leaving him to it when it comes to recruitment.

evil_geko

Terrible? They've been quite comfortable throughout, aside from the chance we had early on.

Is this like the Arsenal game all over again where everyone somehow convinces themselves we actually played really well and deserved to win?
Comfortable? They are misplacing passes left and right, are people now lying just to suit their agenda against us? Ffs. The new lows. :lol:

kidbob

Honestly think he's out of his depth at United. He's like a rabbit in the headlights and the players have no belief at all in him.

If we lose to Burnley and that is very much a possibility i don't see the point in persisting with him
feck the players having belief. They are all out of their depth as they have shown for 10 fecking years. Make no mistake ETH is a problem but the players and their shit technique and attitude is by far the biggest one.

Redstain

We are beginning to swerve into that toxic territory where managers struggle to recover from...
I feel the biggest problem is it doesn't feel like it's recoverable, doesn't feel like this team will find another gear to get out the rut. People can rue the impact of injurys but considering the Wolves performance there's not enough evidence to say a fit squad would change the fortunes drastically.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We are beginning to swerve into that toxic territory where managers struggle to recover from...
Reluctantly, I agree.

Never thought It would happen this quick mind you. No idea where we go from here

AndySmith1990

Eh? We hardly collapsed, they scored from first two shots while being terrible.
Similar nonsensical crap was said about Brighton. "buuuut, they scored with their only chances"

So what, teams must have 10 chances before scoring otherwise they aren't legit goals and we have nothing to worry about?

el3mel

Comfortable? They are misplacing passes left and right, are people now lying just to suit their agenda against us? Ffs. The new lows. :lol:
We play better than all teams. Wonder why we keep getting battered though. It must be the referees and luck. Glazers too.

Sack everyone except for Ten Hag as he's blameless.

A9X SJ

He’s probably on a sticky wicket…. Until the club changes from top to bottom it’s just going to be one of those jobs that everyone struggles in.
We need a DOF and the Glazers gone copy Brighton’s blueprint.

Erics_Collar

Even what were considered his few good signings.... Martinez, Casemiro..... are now some of the most underperforming players we have this year.

His bad signings continue to be bad.

Idxomer

Tbf most big clubs and even the likes of Brighton and Brentford don't let the manager do recruitment anymore. It's impossible to be good at it in the modern game with how much demands a coach has. The club is letting him down by leaving him to it when it comes to recruitment.
Yeah, it's insanity but expected from the people at this club.

If he somehow survives the next few months, recruitment should be taken completely out of his hands and it should be made a point not to sign anyone associated with him before.

Leg-End

This, I fear is correct.

We are about as radioactive as it gets too at the moment, he will do well to come through it.

evil_geko

We play better than all teams. Wonder why we keep getting battered though. It must be the referees and luck. Glazers too.

Sack everyone except for Ten Hag as he's blameless.
I thought people had eyesight, might be wrong.

TsuWave

Even what were considered his few good signings.... Martinez, Casemiro..... are now some of the most underperforming players we have this year.
Martinez has not been bad today, at all. In fact, he even bailed out the back four/Dalot earlier in the game

Thom Merrilin

I don't understand the reaction based on this game, a game most of us thought we would lose. We're only losing because of individual errors, not anything EtH has done. In fact we came out set up very well and got the better of Bayern until the individual error.

RuudTom83

Let’s keep it simple.

Improve set pieces (please) and stop conceding the same bloody goal from that cut-back to the penalty spot!

That’s all they should work on this week.

prateik

Needs to go back to Ajax.. the dutch league is where he belongs.. Can take his signings with him if Ajax can muster 50p for them.

Ajax are investigating Mislintat for his signing.. we need to do the same for this guy.

lsd

The Oracle
feck the players having belief. They are all out of their depth as they have shown for 10 fecking years. Make no mistake ETH is a problem but the players and their shit technique and attitude is by far the biggest one.

No doubt the players are pathetic but we can't rid of every player.

It's weird how every other team seems to respect their manager and pay for them but us.

We need a manager that the players respect and work for. Every other club seems to be able to do it bar us.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Comfortable in the sense that they were never in any real danger of conceding. I'm not saying they were playing breathtaking champagne football.

el3mel

Casemiro and Eriksen look completely done at this level of football, and we paid +60m for Casemiro.

Great business.

GMoore23

If he doesn't turn this around he'll have set us back years. He's been backed with his own players and from what I can see, most of them are fecking shit.