Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
In fairness he flogged off one of the greatest shot stoppers in our history, for a keeper that's mainly praised for his distribution. When we aren't controlling games which has been 100% of games so far this season it will completely backfire.
De Gea used to make stupid mistakes, like Onana just did, at least 3-4 times a season. So I would not write Onana off, yet.

That said, I do agree that replacing De Gea should not have been a priority this year, and that is very likely on EtH, indeed (unless Glazers didn't want to keep De Gea on renewed high-salary contract and that is what forced the change. We may not know full story)

Agila Dathi

He has to go.
I don’t care about injuries, we are playing shit, in game management is shit, transfers are shit and his interviews are cringeworthy.
I know things won’t be great until the vermin sell the club, but this is beyond terrible, givr me Moyes instead any day of the week.
The Dutch Brendan Rodgers can feck off back to Ajax.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm just wondering if everyone still thinks his first transfer window was amazing. It was treason to say it was bad a while back.

RedUnited86

"Ish probably going to the lash time we work together heh, sho go out there and play with shum pride, heh"

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A smart club would learn from this and won't put the next manager in charge of transfers. Of course we will put the next manager in charge of transfers.

A smart fanbase would request from the manager to be good with the players he has, but ours will instantly create a **** for the new manager and ask for the club to back the manager and bring his own players.

Both the club and the fanbase deserve the misery. Until the **** of the manager is gone for good, we will be the laughing stock of the world.
This. Even if ETH is able to turn things around, he should be stripped of all transfer responsibility before the next window.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
I'm just wondering if everyone still thinks his first transfer window was amazing. It was treason to say it was bad a while back.
It's always treason on the Caf to criticize the latest summer transfer window, at least until a few months have passed and reality has set in.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Coach the fecking team. To score goals. Many fecking teams win games 3-2, 3-1, 4-1.

From where can we score, from where do we make a chance from?
Do you see us scoring like 2-3 goals? Where are the chances?

We are not properly coached. End of it. Mistakes do happen. But you create your goals. Where is a goal creation play?
Our midfield is shite, sir. Meaning - we have supposedly good players there who are playing 15-20% of what we know they can. I don't know what the root cause of that is, could indeed be the manager, could be something else, but once players don't deliver, even Pep can't do anything without replacing them. And if Pep wanted to replace he would be backed. In our case, Glazers gave scraps to EtH. These feckers couldn't even sign Amrabat on time, so we could have an alternative or a partner to clearly under-performing Case, or Eriksen.

Katy Cat

Very worried about the Burnley game - that's a strange thing to type I know - because it's away and they are a pretty decent side. Very different from Dyche days.

I still think he should be give time for all of the obvious but what we're seeing isn't good. It starts to hint at something seriously wrong around style, in-play strategies, attitudes and resilience - it can be really hard to arrest that and we really might be in a situation where he goes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's always treason on the Caf to criticize the latest summer transfer window, at least until a few months have passed and reality has set in.
Yep. I got a warning for being "too negative" because I wasn't happy with the window whilst everyone else was gushing over it.

I'm just wondering if it holds up. I still think it was a terrible window, myself.

Revan

Assumptionman
Every transfer window is instantly the best we have ever had, yet the squad gets worse and worse.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
God, listening to what's going in Munich is so depressing - I've distracted myself by tying to thinking of what3words I'd use to describe ETH's signings so far:

- Malacia: jury still out
- Eriksen: legs have gone
- Martinez: what has happened?
- Casemiro: Saudi bid please
- Anthony: how much again?
- Mount: why buy him?
- Onana: a big worry
- Hojlund: I'm more hopeful
Unpopular but Mount might prove to be the best signing there.

chris123

Every single one of these games recently, we have look well prepared and well set-up. This is not a simple manager issue. You can easily make the case we were the better side for the opening 20 minutes against Arsenal, Brighton and Bayern the issues run deeper than that.

The real issue with Erik is his recruitment strategy which has been a disaster so far.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Every transfer window is instantly the best we have ever had, yet the squad gets worse and worse.
It's funny. Everything I said about Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony at the time got me so much abuse, but, now, everyone is saying what I said before they had played a game for us.

Players don't magically change their game when joining us but people want you to conveniently forget all their flaws as soon as they join.

El-Manos

Every single one of these games recently, we have look well prepared and well set-up. This is not a simple manager issue. You can easily make the case we were the better side for the opening 20 minutes against Arsenal, Brighton and Bayern the issues run deeper than that.

The real issue with Erik is his recruitment strategy which has been a disaster so far.
Agree.

Skills

Snitch
It's funny. Everything I said about Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony at the time got me so much abuse, but, now, everyone is saying what I said before they had played a game for us.

Players don't magically change their game when joining us but people want you to conveniently forget all their flaws as soon as they join.
Don't worry, most of our fanbase is still figuring out how to count to 10. That was always going to be a reach.

Big Ben Foster

Supports

Setting up well at the start isn't enough though. Brighton for instance made adjustments which helped them grow into the game. We didn't, and suffered as a result.

Agree completely on the recruitment strategy.

hobbers

Longer he sticks with Casemiro and Eriksen the faster the sack will arrive.

Shark

@NotShark
Very worried about the Burnley game - that's a strange thing to type I know - because it's away and they are a pretty decent side. Very different from Dyche days.

I still think he should be give time for all of the obvious but what we're seeing isn't good. It starts to hint at something seriously wrong around style, in-play strategies, attitudes and resilience - it can be really hard to arrest that and we really might be in a situation where he goes.
Lose against Burnley and I'm honestly not sure what's going to happen, and I'm equally not sure where we go if he's sacked. The idea of having to shift around eight players the next manager doesn't want, on top of the players that have lingered here for seasons on end, is utterly horrifying.

AndySmith1990

Blind hope and delusion make people behave strangely. Plenty of people were praising the decision to bring Jonny Evans back ffs

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

That comes down to poor structure at the club though, which comes down to glazers.

AneRu

Recruitment has been disastrous but that's beyond the manager because he asked for control and someone gave it to him without a second thought or any form of due diligence. The DoF abdicated his responsibility and handed it to the new recruit who is also new to this unique and highly demanding league.

The dropping of heads as soon as we go behind can be attributed to the fact that a lot of these players, the ones we already had before Ten Hag came in, were scarred deeply by the humiliations of the 2021-22 disasterclass season. The way that season unfolded from the highs of the preseason, coming off a season where we finished 2nd and then brought in Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo was traumatising. So now when things go wrong I am sure those players begin to have a 'here we go again' feeling and lose their heads.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't worry, most of our fanbase is still figuring out how to count to 10. That was always going to be a reach.
It was disheartening to see how everyone attacked me for just expressing my opinion, though. The same opinions everyone's saying now after watching them for us for a while.

TsuWave

Where does ETH go after United? Dutch league or Germany would be my guess.
When he came to United I remember reading Bayern Is his dream club. Might have to go Germany and work his way up and wait til Tuchel gets the boot.

Thom Merrilin

He has to go.
I don’t care about injuries, we are playing shit, in game management is shit, transfers are shit and his interviews are cringeworthy.
I know things won’t be great until the vermin sell the club, but this is beyond terrible, givr me Moyes instead any day of the week.
The Dutch Brendan Rodgers can feck off back to Ajax.
Calling for Moyes to come back has to be a new low for us as a forum.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This game doesn't change anything. But a couple of bad results and I think the Glazers might pull the plug just to release the pressure.

slored1

We look absolutely gassed while they are not even breaking a sweat. All the injuries and fitness problems showed against Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton as well. What the feck do we do in training? Do they just stand around in a circle and hold hands?