Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RedChisel

Sadly Won't last the season. Team is in a death spiral and he won't be able to save it.

DownRiver

I wonder what the stats are for conceding goals straight after we score.

It is actually ridiculous!

Jezpeza

This thread is funny at times. Lads actually believe he'll get sacked. Give your heads a wobble.

We're down to the bare bones at the moment. The manager isn't the problem
Well if we keep getting spanked 3 or 4 every week hes probably got 6 games left. We’re not Luton

next_number_seven

I wouldn't say I firmly believe but I'm still supporting him for now.

Last season, the quality of our play was vastly improved, night and day from Ole's last season and Ragnick. We also won a cup.

This summer, identified key areas we desperately needed improving in gk, striker, and midfield. I personally don't blame or praise EtH for individual transfers but rather the profile of player targeted which I think was correct.

This season, we've been crippled with injuries but even so we've seen glimpses of progression from last season. We've been starting games very well before individual errors inevitably cost us.

All that said if results continue to be this bad I can see the Glazers giving him the boot.

Edit: I also like his authoritarian approach to dealing with Ronaldo, Garnacho, Rashford, and Sancho.
He has enough credit in the bank to be given time. At least until he has a full squad back and see what his plan for Mount is. The results should improve then hopefully.

At the same time though, if De Zebri was available I'd hire him on the spot.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Making Bruno captain was a shocking decision.
Especially when you see how he performs when the pressure is on. He's not the type to stand up in the big games. He's routinely a hindrance.

edgecutter

Last year you could forgive him for some of the defeats, but this is his team and he's spent a fecking fortune on some shite

AndySmith1990

His in-game management is appalling. His tactics are appalling. His coaching is - based on the way we play - appalling, unless the players are simply ignoring him. His recruitment has been appalling.

10 fecking years and we're as far away from winning the major trophies as we've ever been. Sad

Dan_F

McTominay? Hannibal? both are better options than Eriksen for the simple fact they can actually run. He was finished out there and was getting jogged past with ease. This isn’t exclusive to this game either, he waits too long to change things far too often and has to improve in that area imo.
They’re dire options in a Champions League game. It’s just criticising for the sake of it. Throwing on Hannibal is a complete Hail Mary.

hobbers

This thread is funny at times. Lads actually believe he'll get sacked. Give your heads a wobble.

On current trajectory his sacking is pretty much inevitable.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This was probably the worst Bayern side we'll ever face and we still lost.
This is probably the worst Manchester United team they've faced, to be fair. The 2014 one was still better than this.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think it gets any worse than this, and the only way is up. Players will start coming back, and he has to change something in midfield. Casemiro Eriksen midfield isn't taking us anywhere.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He shouldn't be but he's gonna get sacked this season. I can feel it

el3mel

He'll get sacked ultimately but not now. I expect him to not be our manager next season.

Nico87

The worrying thing for me is how many times he keeps making the same mistake. The amount of times our midfield can be overrun because we keep trying to shoehorn two number ‘10’s’ in a midfield three with a midfielder who is not as mobile as he once was is infuriating.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He probably won’t fix it but sacking him won’t fix anything either. We are stuck.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's an average manager, people thinking he won titles with absolutely dominant Ajax team, with biggest budget best academy in Dutch league could lead MUFC? I guess it's never given, would rather amanger who really knows how to set up off the ball, he's quite an amateur off it. Certainyl some slight improvements on the ball, but we can't press to save our lives.