Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

frostbite

That is what infuriating me the most. He is so delusional and under estimated the league. He must have thought eredevisie and epl is about the same level.
It's worse than that! It seems that ETH believes that Antony and Onana are world-class players!

That's why we paid so much for them. The club did not want to spend all that money on Antony or Onana, but since ETH knows them well, and believes they are worth top money...

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's worse than that! It seems that ETH believes that Antony and Onana are world-class players!

That's why we paid so much for them. The club did not want to spend all that money on Antony or Onana, but since ETH knows them well, and believes they are worth top money...
We paid 47m for Onana settle down

NLunited

Poor performance for Onana because the freekicks, but apart from the howlers, Onana did well. I’m not sure why he wasn’t in the left side of the goal for the first free kick of Ziyech. The second, he was probably half anticipating a header and got caught in an awkward position.

We also should not give free kicks away so easily: the huge gaps in defence led to the fouls.

I thought Antony did very well this game. Where we failed was defending and not finishing off big chances.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Poor performance for Onana because the freekicks, but apart from the howlers, Onana did well. I’m not sure why he wasn’t in the left side of the goal for the first free kick of Ziyech. The second, he was probably half anticipating a header and got caught in an awkward position.

We also should not give free kicks away so easily: the huge gaps in defence led to the fouls.

I thought Antony did very well this game. Where we failed was defending and not finishing off big chances.
Wut?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
47m is top money for a keeper. It’s in fact top 3 most expensive all time. Even if you adjust for inflation with the Courtois and Buffon transfers, it’s still top 5.
Fullback go for 60m. Mount on 1 year cost more. 47m is nothing in this matket

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Managers live or die by their recruitment.

Antony - 80m (Although, he was decent yesterday)
Onana - 45m
Mount - 55m
Amrabat - 8m loan fees

That's nearly 200m down the drain. Each one of them a disastrous signing that shouldn't have been green lit.

And I haven't even started talking about our shambolic style of play yet.

He is lucky that the club is in a limbo and he still gets to strut around the sidelines as a Manchester United manager. Any other decent club and he would have been let go long time back. It'll take a long time to recover from the damage he has caused and continues causing.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
For a goalie it is big money. More so because it's a goalie we have to replace shortly. And Mount cost what he cost cause we are fools in the transfer market.

Rednotdead

Criticises Sancho publicly for not training properly.

Refuses to criticise Onana publicly for single-handedly exiting us from the CL.

The man is a clown. Pure and simple.

Longshanks

Its bizzare, the most control we had was in the last twenty minutes when we stopped hoofing the ball and actually tried to play football, when we got the ball down and played through midfield we looked very dangerous and by far the better side.

When we played hoof ball we made it a 50/50 game and basically gave gala the opportunity to get back in the game and handed control over to them. The ball gets hoofed the midfield goes forward and chases, the defence doesn't we loose the ball then there is a massive gap between defence and midfield the the opposition break into and run past our flagging midifield leaving us open for overloads and goals from late runners. We have seen it all season in every game.

Its can't be the players this must be ETH ball, and it's absolute rubbish. Someone is going to smash us very soon, mark my words.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
And yet only four points off the top four with a shitload of injuries having players who are so inept he can't play them how he really wants.
I think people don't learn from history. Under every manager in the last 11 years, I have seen posts like this supporting the manager, but when the team is playing as poorly as we are now, that gap never closes.

The stark reality of our season is:

PL - P13 W8 L5 GD0
CL - P5 W1 L3 D1 GD-2
League cup - P2 W1 L1 GD 0

In 20 matches so far this season, we have conceded 33 goals.
We have lost against every half decent team we have played this season.
All our victories in the league have come against teams in the bottom half of the table.
The league cup win was at home against a second string Palace. And the CL win was against mighty Copenhagen at home.
We are already out of one cup competition and barring a miracle are out of the CL too.

And yet, there are people ready to come up with a myriad of excuses for the manager, burying their heads in sand.

Juicy Juiced

I think people don't learn from history. Under every manager in the last 11 years, I have seen posts like this supporting the manager, but when the team is playing as poorly as we are now, that gap never closes.

The stark reality of our season is:

PL - P13 W8 L5 GD0
CL - P5 W1 L3 D1 GD-2
League cup - P2 W1 L1 GD 0

In 20 matches so far this season, we have conceded 33 goals.
We have lost against every half decent team we have played this season.
All our victories in the league have come against teams in the bottom half of the table.
The league cup win was at home against a second string Palace. And the CL win was against mighty Copenhagen at home.
We are already out of one cup competition and barring a miracle are out of the CL too.

And yet, there are people ready to come up with a myriad of excuses for the manager, burying their heads in sand.
Since LC final we only beat one "big" team.
We played
City x2 (2-1, 0-3)
Tottenham x2 (2-2, 2-0)
Newcastle x2 (2-0, 0-3)
Liverpool (7-0)
Arsenal (3-2)
Bayern (4-3)
Chelsea (4-1)
Draw at Spurs, and win against Chelsea. Grim stuff.

erikcred

Great, we've now reached the point where the Onana signing was a cheap punt that didn't work out.

I was wondering what people would point to next, given his disasterclasses. We've already done the classics like young for a keeper, new league, etc.

I also bought into his early hype, but I can now see he's shit at actually catching and holding on to the ball when opposition players stare too intensely at him.

AneRu

In-game-management is a vastly underrated but important aspect in management and I don't think it's something you can learn or improve significantly if its a weakness. In addition to recruitment and man management this is also Ten Hag's major weakness. How do you take out Amrabat and replace him with Mainoo when you are 3-1 up? You take out one of the advanced midfielders and put in Mainoo to help see out the game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not just De Boer. Ajax aren't the first unfancied side to make the Champions League semis without a top manager. Leeds in 2001, Leverkusen in 2002. Monaco in 1998. Deportivo La Coruna in 2004, Schalke in 2011 etc. These things happen. I can also state that Gerrard must be special because Rangers hadn't won the Scottish League since 2011 prior to them winning with him in 2021. What about Molde with Ole?
Villarreal and Roma recently made UCL semi finals too. Things happen, it doesn’t mean the manager is the messiah. The Ajax semi final run is overrated.. Tottenham made the final that year for fecks sake :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Watched all bar one of their games in the Champions league this season. Weren't overly impressive performance wise but unlike United weren't error prone and or gave gifts of goals to the opposition.
Funny. Bayern was massively criticised and it was seen as a proof of their crisis that they conceded so many goals in this group stage. "Pundits" like Matthäus or Hamann were harping on about how this proofs that there is a rift between manager and team and all kinds of similar stuff.

And while much of it was over the top I feel like there are many Bayern fans who are also not happy with the performances.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We've been getting away with it against bottom 6 sides in the league recently but results were bound to catch up with performances at some point. This is just the start of a horrible run of fixtures for us.

Onana is a horrendous signing to add to the rest. £400m down the drain.

AndySmith1990

Funny. Bayern was massively criticised and it was seen as a proof of their crisis that they conceded so many goals in this group stage. "Pundits" like Matthäus or Hamann were harping on about how this proofs that there is a rift between manager and team and all kinds of similar stuff.

And while much of it was over the top I feel like there are many Bayern fans who are also not happy with the performances.
Can only imagine the meltdown amongst fans if Bayern were bottom of the group on 4 points.
They certainly wouldn't be defending the manager or apathetic towards the situation

Judas

Open to offers

This is just nonsense, you can't put aside costly howlers. He's defined our CL campaign with terrible errors. He didn't have a good game.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This is just nonsense, you can't put aside costly howlers. He's defined our CL campaign with terrible errors. He didn't have a good game.
"Apart from basically screwing us in the back, he did well"

Telsim

I expected to lose against Everton and Galatasaray. Both good teams. A win and a draw means he has exceeded my expectations in that sense. And we still have a chance to qualify to the RO16. But watching the elite clubs play... I mean, it's night and day. It's like a different game. If City, Arsenal, and Real Madrid are S-tier, we are a genuine B-tier team. The football, the recruitment, the mentality are all severely lacking. Not enough has changed since two years ago.

The next month or so will decide his fate. He must get it together.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

There's a difference in both situations and if you can't see that, there's a problem.

lego xavi

He doesn't know how to close the game and defend a lead, yesterday he should have subbed in varane when mctominay scored

Judas

Open to offers

You've genuinely not got a clue if you wanted him to come out in front of the media and criticise him :lol: that would have been the level of poor management thats not even sunday league level.

Oranges038

Its bizzare, the most control we had was in the last twenty minutes when we stopped hoofing the ball and actually tried to play football, when we got the ball down and played through midfield we looked very dangerous and by far the better side.

When we played hoof ball we made it a 50/50 game and basically gave gala the opportunity to get back in the game and handed control over to them. The ball gets hoofed the midfield goes forward and chases, the defence doesn't we loose the ball then there is a massive gap between defence and midfield the the opposition break into and run past our flagging midifield leaving us open for overloads and goals from late runners. We have seen it all season in every game.

Its can't be the players this must be ETH ball, and it's absolute rubbish. Someone is going to smash us very soon, mark my words.
The midfield area is where these games are lost and won. McT, Bruno and Amrabat is a terrible line up, they were basically playing a 111 midfield. Defensively Bruno is all over the place, McT is just a non entity and Amrabat is too fecking slow.

It was ridiculous how easy it was for Galatasaray to stroll down the middle of the pitch. Midfield was getting completely over run time and time again. Prime example being the freekick that led to their first goal, McT was playing right wing, Bruno made the run into the box. Bad cross/pass choice and they get a free run 80 yards to edge of the box, foul, freekick, goal. That happens time and time again, even early in the game, 1 straight ball down the middle and Shaw has to scramble across and make a block.

I also think the problem ETH has right now on the ball is quite simple, he has defenders he doesn't trust to play out from the back and a collection of midfielders who don't drop or provide any link up between defence and attack. So he's going more direct than he would want, which is fine in a way but not when you have an open midfield that see that ball come straight back went it's lost. Funnily enough that period of control and playing through the middle coincided with Mainoo coming on and taking up that role in the middle of the park.

ArjenIsM3

Yeah because making a mistake in a game is the same as not putting any effort in training and playing FIFA 24/7. What a bizarre take.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Can only imagine the meltdown amongst fans if Bayern were bottom of the group on 4 points.
They certainly wouldn't be defending the manager or apathetic towards the situation
They would critically look at the new manager because the original one would have been sacked after matchday four. A Bayern manager wouldn't survive this.

Jeffthered

ETH is managing a team, allegedly coaching a team that cannot manage a football match and it's as simple as that. That's on him. Martinez and Casimero will not magically change that, (with Casimero looking a liability when he has been fit this season.)

We are an open team, so open, every single game you see the same trends... we are very easy to play against and dominate. Everton had 24 shots against us.

We have players who can provide inspirational moments in the attacking third. But I fear we will continue to be exposed against the better teams. Huge game against Newcastle. But we have little expectations now going to St James' Park and maybe that suits the players and ETH, which is a very sad reality.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The midfield was crap again and that's on him. Mainoo looked so good that he must start every game from now on.
He doesn't know how to close the game and defend a lead, yesterday he should have subbed in varane when mctominay scored
It's looking like that. We've lost so many leads late after he's made subs.

RedRover

I reckon he will get mid Dec if Ratcliffe is in by then. Liverpool game will be the key.
Can see Potter coming in, in January, solely as head coach. Think the players bought and brought through will no longer be a manager decision. Whoevers manager might get a choice of A, B or C identified by the SD, but that will be it.
If they move him on, they'll at least try for a bigger name than that I think. Ratcliffe will want the fans onside early doors.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The job is too big for him.
Problem is for those who it isn't - basically Pep and Klopp, let's be honest - they ain't coming here anytime soon.

The only way we end up with a top-class manager who has their best years ahead of them is if they step up to the role here. It's why we need to stick with ETH and at least give him the season to work on things.

He deserves that at the very least for what he achieved last season, and there is simply no-one available who is guaranteed to improve us.

RedRover

It's right up his street, and the players would love him.
I think he'd do a good job, but I suspect Real might want to keep him and manging the Brazilian national side looks like a good challenge for him. Suspect any decent manager would fancy that.

Yakuza_devils

Watch how City, Liverpool and Arsenal play. Even Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton. And then watch how we play, it's depressing. Even Gala midfield is better than ours.

We can't keep saying he needs more time and X and y players to play his style of play. The question is what's his style of play? There is no basic for us to build on. He is basically just play glorified counter attacking football. We are playing without midfield.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

One is his own signing qnd the other needs to have some man management, motivational skills to pull off. Its obvious really.

AshTheBash

Tactically inept and naive. He brought Onana. More training injuries.

December will be when he's sacked finally. Terrible manager. Sir Jim's patience is wearing thin.

so many good managers who can get this team tactically set up right.