Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I actually give up at this point.

Can only see this going one way now these kind of stupid reports are coming out.

Sickening because under Moyes/LvG/Mourinho and Ole when time was up it was almost a relief because you knew something better (in theory) was coming. This time though, who is actually available to take over if Ten Hag goes? Some poor soul that in 2 or 3 years time will have to deal with the same shit no doubt.
The solution is Sancho, Rashford, McTominey, Shaw, Martial all out on their arse so the new manager can have a clean slate and a chance to work with players who are ready to play for him and won’t cause trouble at the slightest provocation.

That list have been here too long and are senior members of a toxic dressing room. Out they go with their mate Sancho

Thiagoal

It feels like a matter of time now before he gets the boot. The ‘leakers’ will get a fresh start and probably hit some good form under a new boss before throwing them under the bus around early 2025. Same shit different day!

crossy1686

career ending
Why contribute to the dross then and not rise above it? Strange way to justify it really. No wonder the forum is a load of fecking shite if that’s the attitude.
I’m replying to the people who are “sick of these players” and want to “sell them all before sacking the manager”.

Do you realise how much of a mental take that is? Half the squad are Ten Hags signings, the other half have hardly played. How can players that have hardly played stage a revolt? Who’s going to take them seriously?

The manager has caused this scenario by buying absolute rubbish players, running the good players into the ground then having to play the players who aren’t good enough to start week in week out every week, after telling them they were surplus and benching them all last season. And now it’s the players fault? I mean come on, you can handle things better than this if you’re going to be successful.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
This sort of thing all comes down to what Keane repeats time and time again about having the right characters at the club. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that United haven’t those characters for a long time.

Essentially it’s put up or shut up time for Ten Hag (and the club!) with a lot of these players. If they aren’t culled in the summer then he’s a dead man walking.

MadMike

Or it's the same group of players who down tools, leak shit to the press, and whine publicly when the manager is "mean" to them.

I know who I'd rather get rid of. I couldn't care less whether Ten Hag stays or not, by the way.
It isn't the same group of players though, what the feck are you guys on about?

Just because they wear the same red shirt, it's not the same people. How many players since Ole took over from Mou are still here and influential? A couple at most.

mu4c_20le

Or it's the same group of players who down tools, leak shit to the press, and whine publicly when the manager is "mean" to them.

I know who I'd rather get rid of. I couldn't care less whether Ten Hag stays or not, by the way.
If it's an obvious group or the same few then fair enough. Press leaks and dressing room discontent are pretty common when things aren't going well, and it happens to other clubs as well. If the players really wanted to down tools and get rid of them, they could have easily done so at Brentford or Sheffield or numerous other close calls this season before the late comeback. Thats imo.

ti vu

The problem is if we're confident that Ten Hag's the right guy for us, the management (DOF, CEO) can tell the players to shut it or find themselves another club.

This requires good football judgement - something our management chain lacks.
Unlike under Mourinho and Ole, when Woodward was still active and being nosy, Murtough and Arnold have been more passive and actually empowered ETH.

Yes they couldn't find financial solution to pay off Martial, Maguire contract to push transfer over the line, or incompetent enough by turning down 30mil or so for McTominay... but they clearly follow ETH in every steps from ridding Ronaldo, Henderson, Bailly, DDG... to pay the sizable fee in transfer, and taking scraping the barrel punts on players that unlikely ever being signed during other managers. Prioritizing Onana big money signing when there is no system in place to utilize his true ability; only to neglect an experienced CF signingto back up a very inexperienced player in Hojlund, is ETH responsibility. Signing Mount of all players as our no 8 signing also is another issue. Even us fan see those things coming. How can the manager we train with the team be so blind about these needs?

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"They're running too much. They don't know what they're running for."

When is Old Trafford going to properly turn on this squad? It makes me sick that they used to boo Fellaini simply for being limited. He always gave everything, as should be the minimum. We have players now pottering around the pitch and the fans give them no stick.

The Bloody-Nine

It isn't the same group of players though, what the feck are you guys on about? Just because they wear the same red shirt, it's not the same people.
Are you saying they aren't in the same squad / dressing room? Do you actually believe the only players that can be a problem are the ones who play for 90 mins twice a week?

Castia

He’s done isn’t he

You aren’t coming back once the players turn. Public spats, shit football and shit signings.

Blood Mage

While I want ETH gone for the poor tactics and team selections it is extremely worrying to see our players once again complain about intense training sessions. We are bringing some truly pathetic characters to this club who think joining United is some kind of holiday, or a retirement home in the case of our older players.

MadMike

Are you saying they aren't in the same squad / dressing room? Do you actually believe the only players that can be a problem are the ones who play for 90 mins twice a week?
I repeat my previous question: What the feck are you talking about?

The manager has signed a lot of players. Why would ETH signings be influenced by the discontent of players they are replacing and why would they be playing poorly to "hang out" the manager who signed them? Makes no fecking sense. The team and his signings are playing like shit and a lot of players have a problem with him. This points to Ten Hag.The only influential player from the last 4-5 years here, is Rashford. Otherwise, it's not even the same players. No DDG, Pogba, Lingard etc.

Castia

But we keep getting rid of the ‘toxic’ players half this squad are ETH signings

It was Lingard then Pogba, I remember some blaming Shaw, who are these toxic players? If it’s Rashford after just been given a 350k a week contract the club deserve everything shit thing that happens to them.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm calling it now ten Hag will be fired after another 7-0 at Anfield. There'll be a caretaker who comes in, but no bounce at all.

New guy in the summer, 2-3 signings made very late in the transfer window after we've already chucked away points in the first few games and looked clueless. Rumours that the players remain unconvinced by new managers tactics and training regime and feel he needs to do x y and z instead.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Whether he was good enough in the first place is up for debate, but I see this being the highest level of Ten Hag’s career. Don’t see him recovering. He’ll peak back at Ajax or some second rate German side or something.

gaffs

Was a really shortsighted move to force a player out like this. Same for Maguire.

Notice how Eddie Howe still kept Jamaal Lascelles as club captain, despite him losing his place. Lascelles comes back in and is completely onside - no issues caused.

Ten Hag embarrasses Maguire by stripping him of the captaincy, tries to force him out and get cant rid. It is lucky that Maguire is profession enough to carry on regardless, a lot of players wouldn't.

This manager has made a lot of dumb decisions and many have backfired. He doesn't have the credit in the bank, nor the status to start playing disciplinarian.

ti vu

The solution is Sancho, Rashford, McTominey, Shaw, Martial all out on their arse so the new manager can have a clean slate and a chance to work with players who are ready to play for him and won’t cause trouble at the slightest provocation.

That list have been here too long and are senior members of a toxic dressing room. Out they go with their mate Sancho
You're just saying sack ETH then because it is ETH reinstate all these players status at different points in time during his one and half season here.

Nobody picked the XI for ETH. He picked those players to start the game in place of his own signings. He abandoned playing principles that got him this job, to fit these players into the current messy system himself.

There is no excuse right now.

Robbie Boy

I'm calling it now ten Hag will be fired after another 7-0 at Anfield. There'll be a caretaker who comes in, but no bounce at all.

New guy in the summer, 2-3 signings made very late in the transfer window after we've already chucked away points in the first few games and looked clueless. Rumours that the players remain unconvinced by new managers tactics and training regime and feel he needs to do x y and z instead.
After ten years of this bollox, this sounds about right. The endless loop of misery is perpetual.

If - and it's a big if - the INEOS deal actually gets completed, and we sort out our sporting structure, there might be some hope. Outside of that, it's just more blind hope.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whether he was good enough or not, I can’t back the players…ever.

It’s becoming more and more obvious exactly who has been behind the series of leaks going back 7/8 years too. Mr PR himself isn’t getting away with this no matter how good the new manager bounce might be.

As for Ten Hag, he’s doomed. Anfield is the place our managers get sacked traditionally, and it’ll be no different this year. If it wasn’t for the financial incentive, I’d call for him to walk before he’s pushed.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the writing is on the wall with these leaks this evening.

It also suggests the squad is somewhat divided over the Sancho situation which may have contributed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It also suggests the squad is somewhat divided over the Sancho situation which may have contributed.
A lot were aggrieved by the treatment of De Gea too. There were leaks when he initially went about him being a big player favourite and the treatment being terrible

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's game over for him, you don't recover after reports like that.

I think the turning point for the players must've been when he fell out with Varane

mu4c_20le

The writing was on the wall based on results alone. Dressing room was the only thing holding him up.