g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Oranges038

There’s 1 person who’s a big problem in the dressing room and it’s Marcus Rashford. He’s worked under all the managers since LVG and theirs been leaks and unhappiness among the squad. When he’s not in the starting 11 we play as a team and look far much better in attack.
Said it after the Galatasaray game. The front line looks more potent and fluid without him stinking it by not making runs or moves to create space for others.

Rustyspider13

I've criticized him for his selection before, so I'll praise him for this one. Got it spot on tonight. Made a good sub with Lindelof too. He needs to make Rashford earn his spot in the team. One match on the bench isn't enough.

RepardReece

Seeing the players who can put a shift in, it's now up to Erik to continue to play those same players.

Keep Rashford on the bench.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The team just looks better when without any joggers. Almost as if it's contagious. Rashford and Martial cannot be anywhere near the first team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That was a brilliant performance, the way we pressed and attack was beautiful to watch. Should have scored 5-6 goals.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Great display! I think its obviouswhile there is some talent, this squad is limited and only produces when everyone is on the same page, working their socks off. What a difference without Rashford up front. Antony might never be a galactico, but man did he put in the power. As did all. if ETH has limitations as a doF and picking transfers, as a manager and coach he does have what it takes and tonight was miles and miles better and modern than ive seen from ogs, jose and lvg. I hope the new owners will give eth some much needed backing in the scouting and transfers and then, who knows. that mctominay. Loved it!

slored1

Thought the decision to use McTominay higher up and Bruno deeper was wise. Dropping Rashford was the right choice and subbing off Lindelof at half time was a good move.

If today is his preferred approach, I have no complaints. Just have to show it more often.

Chumpsbechumps

There was just so much positives from that game. It was overwhelmingly good.
I totally agree, I was sh*tying it we’d not win it after deserving it.

I just feel like we’ve gotten no real breaks and a lot of setbacks , some self inflicted and some unlucky. I just want to see ETH get some breaks , some players to come back from injury and to see what a functioning ETH team can do.

I’m really rooting for ETH

ScholesyTheWise

I have been openly critical of him and I have voted for him to be sacked but I really like him as a bloke. I do really hope he can work it out.
Yeah, same.
I don't think he can have us seriously competing again (who can? a valid question),
and he's having a shit 2nd season and, his signings leave a lot to be desired.

But I quite like him.

I'll wish him well in a couple of months once he gets the chop.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Maybe ETH finally listened to the players and did light training sessions.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Maybe ETH finally listened to the players and did light training sessions.
Things clearly changed tonight. It’s not like we played the same game but executed it better, we were just way different to what we had been prior to now. This was more like the team that we saw post World Cup which was so encouraging and that everyone liked. Hope we stay on this path.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Beat Bournemouth on Saturday, announce the takeover Monday before Bayern and the momentum could just keep going and going for us. We need to maintain this positivity.

Lentwood

Interesting that McTominay made the point about 'light training sessions'.

I imagine some of the players are equally as sick of it all as we fans are. McTominay strikes me as a good character. Partly why I felt EtH made an error in (seemingly) trying to get rid of him and Maguire - they are what they are as players, they're never going to be his type of player...but they're never going to down tools or not give 100%

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Feels good tonight! Positivity for once. Sick of seeing people call for ETH to be sacked. I’m still a believer that he’s the right man for this job. He’s brought discipline back. Giving youngsters a chance. The players are obviously still fighting for him. Even if we get beat to Liverpool in a couple of week I’ll still be behind this man!

MetoTTT

Very happy for him. Excellent game. Started the players who cares, some of them, we know it aren't good enough if we're to challenge again one day for the title. Other players could never developp to this level too. But put the players who cares, will fight and have the right attitude is a basic thing to do.
Loved the Shaw at LCB thing when he felt we were so exposed on the break.

redom

Hope he sticks to his guns and leaves Rashford out for the foreseeable, the performance tonight gives him all the power to do so and shows how important it is to have the right attitude throughout the team.

DavelinaJolie

He seems to have found the role for McTominay with this box busting, and it's working against teams with weaker midfields and where the pressing line is working.

Not sure it's something I'd do against Liverpool, Arsenal or City... But I may be proven wrong on that.

TrueRed79

Very good performance. Delighted for ETH. The team need to keep the foot to the floor for the rest of the season now.

Hope he sticks to his guns and leaves Rashford out for the foreseeable, the performance tonight gives him all the power to do so and shows how important it is to have the right attitude throughout the team.
It’s not about leaving him out for x amount of time, it’s about demanding a level of performance to win a place in the side. Rashford after last season deserved a chance to play into form but he hasn’t taken it and should now have to play his way back into the side.

Red00012

He went full on Bielsa for some of that 1st half even Harry was getting forward

Red00012

It’s not about leaving him out for x amount of time, it’s about demanding a level of performance to win a place in the side. Rashford after last season deserved a chance to play into form but he hasn’t taken it and should now have to play his way back into the side.
He should never have been brought on tonight . Rewarding mediocrity is shite

redshaw

One thing that is impressive is despite it all he can scrape results. He strikes me more of a results man than anything, and I'm saying that relatively to the non existent attack this season, 72% win ratio in all comps last year, cup finals, getting over the line in his last season at Ajax while heavily linked to leaving for us and winning the league while pushed very hard to the end. Adaptable in trying circumstance when first joining and hanging on in there points wise this year.

There's been a very lax culture at United. Like Andy Mitten said, he knows what's needed, whether he can do enough we'll see. Getting top 4 seems very difficult but normally PL seasons are very up and down outside the top 2.

What we can't do is accommodate players not trying, we should help them off the pitch where possible, leave them out if there's trying circumstances in their private life or move them on. We tried with Lingard for a full season. This is Manchester United, we need 11 out there, if you have issues then don't play, it's up to the manager as well to not just keep hoping.