g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Born2Lose

Fair play to the "footballing genius" for realising by December that we look like a team of eleven rather than ten when Rashford is out.

Couldn't resist sending the golden boy out for 10 minutes though.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He seems to have found the role for McTominay with this box busting, and it's working against teams with weaker midfields and where the pressing line is working.

Not sure it's something I'd do against Liverpool, Arsenal or City... But I may be proven wrong on that.
It isn’t just the box running. His powerful inside runs down the right channel gives an option for Antony whilst opening up space inside and for me are a key reason Antony has looked so much better against Galatasaray and today.

Fts 74

So nice to actually enjoy watching us for once.No getting away from it, we've been awful this season I just hope we can build on tonight's performance.

Pleased for EtH to shut the doubters up if only for a day or two.

baskinginthesun

Things clearly changed tonight. It’s not like we played the same game but executed it better, we were just way different to what we had been prior to now. This was more like the team that we saw post World Cup which was so encouraging and that everyone liked. Hope we stay on this path.
Yeah. The press worked tonight which was a massive difference. I've certainly questioned what he was trying to do all season but, tonight it made sense. It all came together.

NZT-One

But he has lost the dressing room… so how on earth did we dominate that game??
Just to make sure you won't be suprised: Posts like yours will work as fuel once the next bad results is there. Why would you want to stir shit up? It simply bonkers. It seems to be your "I was right moment" but I am sure, you'll be right there complaining about "negativity" and "agenda" posters when other posters will enjoy their "I was right moment" as well.

Whilst definitively stating after a win that the players are all behind the manager is any less ‘expert’?

Terms like ‘Most players are still willing to run for ETH and still want to play for him.’ will be used against you the next time we lose.

People have a really low opinion of players, them playing well tonight will be just as much to do with the vitriol they’ve received as being ‘willing to run for EtH’. People are reading far too much into each result.

See below. . .

The trouble with tying a win to some spurious ‘it’s because they want to play for EtH’ is the second they lose then what? They don’t want to play for him?

That result tonight is just as much, if not more, about personal pride & beatable opposition as it is some salute to EtH. We won, be happy move on cause this team will play poorly again this season, that won’t mean they’re trying to get EtH the sack.
Some sense finally. And to be honest, don't think, it is too smart from ETH to fuel this stupid angle even more. It is one result. A homegame against a rather weak team even if it has a big name. Be happy, be proud, you deserve it. But lets not make it bigger as it is or you'll get it back the minute the next bad result is there. And with the schedule, this point in time might be closer than you think.

NoPace

This would be my least annoying team as well, except with Eriksen for Bruno. Bruno annoys me less than most of the rest, but his haphazard style of play still annoys me
Yeah, I can't argue with that. Bruno delights but also annoys.

Skills

Snitch
Understat had it as a 4.04-2.35 win for us. Tbf, it felt like a 4-2 game

lysglimt

Scout
Ye but we’ve been awful. I think the run of draws they’ve had hasn’t helped.
our big advantage is that we have won almost every tight match - and then getting hammered when we have lost. That may look bad - but in terms of points, it hasn't been so bad.

The fact is - if we beat Bournemouth, we will have 30 points from 16 matches, on a normal season that would have put us in top-4 - but so many teams have been consistently good - that's why we might end up being 6th even with that points-return - at least at this stage of the season.

AndyMUFC

He's going to live or die on whether this midfield set up eventually works. Tonight it did.

RuudTom83

There will always be drama at United, as the club is only ever 2 games away from a crisis (created 100% by the media)

But I’ll keep saying it, the best solution for this season is to just leave the manager and players alone to sort it out.

ErikElevenHag

Think we will still end up in the top 4.

We've been pretty dire all season, but the key is that we aren't cut adrift.

We're bound to hit a good spell at some stage and given our current position that should be enough to get us there. Once martinez is back im expecting performances to rise. He's our best defender and also allows us to progress the ball from the back much better.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely tonight is the night he sees the light with dropping Rashford.

Skills

Snitch
It had the Enzo Fernandez backheel as 0.66 xG which I think is far too high for that chance. Bruno's penalty (0.76 xG) is only 0.10 xG more
From the cross in the second half? Yeah that's too high, though I don't know why he took it like that when he could've swung through it?

Markstats has it as 3.97-3.2 so I'm curious to see how each chance is scored by each model.

berbasloth4

He seemed a little like deer in headlights when Evra was telling him that the boys on the pitch played for the shirt and hinted it should stay like that compared to the nonsense on sat

Blood Mage

Think we will still end up in the top 4.

We've been pretty dire all season, but the key is that we aren't cut adrift.

We're bound to hit a good spell at some stage and given our current position that should be enough to get us there. Once martinez is back im expecting performances to rise. He's our best defender and also allows us to progress the ball from the back much better.
We are not finishing above Arsenal, Pool, City or Villa. Top 4 is too competitive this season and we're just not quite good enough.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We are not finishing above Arsenal, Pool, City or Villa. Top 4 is too competitive this season and we're just not quite good enough.
Still half way to go yet. The poster is right that we aren't cut off from any of these teams. Which is mental given how we've played but there we are.

Pscholes18

I disagree, he should get minutes to prove himself/show some form. It wasn’t like Höjlund was exceptional.
Keeping him completely out in the cold won’t help anyone.
Bollocks, he's had all season to do that, ETH even said that was the reason for him to keep starting....after that Newcastle game, he can feck off.

Reiver

Back to the wall, he picked a team that he thought would give it their all and they did. He needs to get that kind of effort as a minimum.

croadyman

It was a tragic mistake by ten Hag to thrust young Rasmus into a situation he was nowhere near ready to handle.

Oh well, shit happens again...and again and again, regardless of who manages United.
Should have truly tested Spurs resolve with £120m on Kane instead of buying Mount/Onana & Hojlund. Will also be interested to see IF Erik is able to relinquish full control over transfers to INEOS too. I get the impression he didn't want to admit his lack of knowledge in this area when interviewed for fear of losing

JediSith

I disagree, he should get minutes to prove himself/show some form. It wasn’t like Höjlund was exceptional.
Keeping him completely out in the cold won’t help anyone.
While you’re right… Hojlund was making good runs that were not getting picked out. Better vision from someone on the ball and good pass and who knows he might have had a chance

wolvored

While you’re right… Hojlund was making good runs that were not getting picked out. Better vision from someone on the ball and good pass and who knows he might have had a chance
H was pressing and pulling deffenders away, so Garnacho, Bruno and Antony had spaes to run into. Perhaps Bruno should have given him the pen like he did with Rashford

Pronewbie

Peep
Should have truly tested Spurs resolve with £120m on Kane instead of buying Mount/Onana & Hojlund. Will also be interested to see IF Erik is able to relinquish full control over transfers to INEOS too. I get the impression he didn't want to admit his lack of knowledge in this area when interviewed for fear of losing
I actually think he'll be ok to lose a level of control over transfers considering his record with us AND his experience at Ajax.

JediSith

H was pressing and pulling deffenders away, so Garnacho, Bruno and Antony had spaes to run into. Perhaps Bruno should have given him the pen like he did with Rashford
Nope. I think that would have been a bad move. Hujland needs a goal from his own movement, effort, luck etc. The best support the team can give him is to look out for his runs. Maybe also it’s about the chemistry and understanding developing