Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 664 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 814 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We played well all game in my opinion. Need to improve the defence but you can see what hes looking for from his tactical setup. Just needs the players to implement.

Mainoo seems to be quite key and I think a fit and in form Martinez is going to improve us alot.

Someone

Something
I don’t see how people reach these conclusions, that he will somehow be sacked if he loses the next game or two. Him being 45 minutes away from being sacked today is also complete nonsense.
It isn't. The game had the the potential to be a complete collapse, and after recent results he wasn't gonna get any more time. He's still under so much pressure.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This should show our players are good enough, I’ve had enough of reading none of our players are good enough. We looked better than every player on villas team tonight. Play with heart and play like a team with a midfield and shock the players look better.

please pick mainoo and eriksen next game with Bruno infront, pick rashford. Keep Garnacho on the right.

It also shows the season is not a right off, silly to even say that at Xmas time

astracrazy

I'm coming to the conclusion that getting rid of him whilst the players are quiet obviously playing for him would actually be a big negative.

JagUTD

This should show our players are good enough, I’ve had enough of reading none of our players are good enough. We looked better than every player on villas team tonight. Play with heart and play like a team with a midfield and shock the players look better.

please pick mainoo and eriksen next game with Bruno infront, pick rashford. Keep Garnacho on the right.

It also shows the season is not a right off, silly to even say that at Xmas time
They are all good enough, players and manager. They're gone toe to toe with some of the best team and beat them but can also look inept.

Who knows what it is that causes them to go from beating Barcelona to getting twatted by Bournemouth. Confidence? Belief? Clearly it's not ability, player or manager. Clearly it's not tactics as it's often individual errors costing us rather than a team collapse.

It's frustrating as hell and in some ways even more so after a performance like that.

One thing for sure is that he hasn't lost the players at all, there's coming back and winning as Jose did then there is playing like that and coming back to win.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He moved the full backs higher after the 2nd goal, we need to maintain that tactic going forward because after the 2nd goal it was about as good as we have looked out of possession all year.

GreatDane

To be fair we haven’t had players available in midfield all season.
We've struggled with injuries, that's for sure. He has had chances to use Amrabat and Mainoo behind Bruno for some weeks though. But I agree that injuries hasn't been kind to us.

JagUTD

I'm coming to the conclusion that getting rid of him whilst the players are quiet obviously playing for him would actually be a big negative.
Yeh, could potentially be a disaster and doom the next guy from day one. The Jose, Ole and Ralf days ended up toxic. Players clearly not trying, laughing when we got smashed etc. This isn't that.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
Got the tactics spot on. Thought the players were going to let him down watching the first half but they really turned things around.

JagUTD

You can’t have your worst start since 1930 and then claim all is golden due to one comeback win
Is that true? Worse than the times we were relegated? In fact I was looking at the same stage of the season only last week for Moyes, Jose and Ole and pretty sure Moyes and Jose had worse starts.

el3mel

Yeh, could potentially be a disaster and doom the next guy from day one. The Jose, Ole and Ralf days ended up toxic. Players clearly not trying, laughing when we got smashed etc. This isn't that.
This is really not true. The only reason we didn't put efforts under any manager is because of the lack of confidence gained by the repetitive losing. When you keep on losing, once you concede few games a game you mentally surrender. This happened to us multiple times in the last 11 years and people interpret it as the players throwing the manager under the bus, but even under Mourinho or Ole, our players were trying.

Jezpeza

Is that true? Worse than the times we were relegated? In fact I was looking at the same stage of the season only last week for Moyes, Jose and Ole and pretty sure Moyes and Jose had worse starts.
Maybe not worst in terms of points but most defeats by this stage since 1930 100%

astracrazy

Whatever you think of him, there is no doubt that these players are playing for him.
Which is 100% why he doesn't get sacked.

We need to break this 1 step forward 2 steps back cycle.

Get three wins in a row with that intensity from start to finish and I think we will on a completely different path. The trouble is, at the moment you quiet expect our next game is going to be a clusterfeck by our current trend.

George The Best

It’s another case of false hope. The squad isn’t good enough. Can’t rely on 45 minutes of good football
The squad should be good enough. We’ve been ripped by injuries this season which EtH has had to deal with. Agree the squad is not deep enough to cope with that, but that’s not on EtH. They showed tonight they are still playing for him - and their own futures. Yes, he’s made some bad buying decisions (if they were in fact his), but I still say we stick with him and see what happens when we get some of the more experienced players back.

cyberman

You can’t have your worst start since 1930 and then claim all is golden due to one comeback win
It’s a shit stat. We are almost half way through the season, we are nowhere near the start
Plus we had more points this season than last up to the Chelsea game I think, so this start is affected by what? 16th game onwards.
Doesn’t make sense

Jezpeza

It’s a shit stat. We are almost half way through the season, we are nowhere near the start
Plus we had more points this season than last up to the Chelsea game I think, so this start is affected by what? 16th game onwards.
Doesn’t make sense
I guess we have been absolutely terrific this season then I dont know?

astracrazy

This is really not true. The only reason we didn't put efforts under any manager is because of the lack of confidence gained by the repetitive losing. When you keep on losing, once you concede few games a game you mentally surrender. This happened to us multiple times in the last 11 years and people interpret it as the players throwing the manager under the bus, but even under Mourinho or Ole, our players were trying.
I'm sorry, but towards the end for both managers this just simply isn't true. You could see the writing was on the wall and the dressing room was being lost.

I fully expected you'd be hating this result. I suppose you're going to disappear for a few days again....

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Playing for him? Did he raise them or did he teach them to play football or did he drive them to training when they were training? They’re playing for themselves and their own professional pride.

The result today was Emery bottling it as per and Villa’s atrocious away record. They don’t press aggressively, they play a very high-line without much pressure on the ball and their build-up isn’t great especially with the technically deficient Dendoncker in for Kamara or Tielemans.

It was a rare instance where the opponents tactics played into our hands (like Chelsea). One win doesn’t change the horrors we have seen since August.

JagUTD

I'm not saying the whole team, clearly some players never give up but we have all seen individuals do it. Coupled with the constant leaks undermining managers and even team mates, it was clear.

It just looks different with ETH. Helps that he has got rid of some of the players who have the potential to cause issues but then you see players he's marginalised come back fighting. Maguire for example. Compare him to a Sancho. Look at how Rashford reacts to being dropped for a few games. Compare that with a Pogba or even a Ronaldo last season.

el3mel

I'm sorry, but towards the end for both managers this just simply isn't true. You could see the writing was on the wall and the dressing room was being lost.
You could say the same about Ten Hag after the last game against WHU. Hell, tonight looked like the end when Villa scored the 2nd goal.

The dressing room loss is overplayed. I would never question our players willingness to play for the coach. I can question their abilities or mentality. You can say they're losers or not fighters or whatever, but they don't blatantly throw the manager under the bus.

Godfather

This comeback obviously changes nothing but at least we had 45 mins of good football. Been a while. Will take more to convince me he should stay though

astracrazy

Playing for him? Did he raise them or did he teach them to play football or did he drive them to training when they were training? They’re playing for themselves and their own professional pride.

The result today was Emery bottling it as per and Villa’s atrocious away record. They don’t press aggressively, they play a very high-line without much pressure on the ball and their build-up isn’t great especially with the technically deficient Dendoncker in for Kamara or Tielemans.

It was a rare instance where the opponents tactics played into our hands (like Chelsea). One win doesn’t change the horrors we have seen since August.
:lol:

JagUTD

Maybe not worst in terms of points but most defeats by this stage since 1930 100%
Ah. That's a mad stat taken as is but it also shows how pointless draws are in the grand schem.

You could win the title losing 8 to 10 games if you didn't draw and get relegated unbeaten by drawing all your games.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The squad should be good enough. We’ve been ripped by injuries this season which EtH has had to deal with. Agree the squad is not deep enough to cope with that, but that’s not on EtH. They showed tonight they are still playing for him - and their own futures. Yes, he’s made some bad buying decisions (if they were in fact his), but I still say we stick with him and see what happens when we get some of the more experienced players back.
Ye I’m with you on this one. I’ve never asked for him to be sacked. I’ve always stood by him. I’m sure with an injury free squad we’ll be miles better.

Oranges038

I felt this would be more like the Chelsea game,
Villa's high line tactics suit the players like Bruno, Rashford and Garnacho.

But, It wasn't all just Villa tactics that suited Utd today, the high pressing against them playing out was bang on and they couldn't really build any forward momentum. ETH deserves credit for that at least.

Jezpeza

Ah. That's a mad stat taken as is but it also shows how pointless draws are in the grand schem.

You could win the title losing 8 to 10 games if you didn't draw and get relegated unbeaten by drawing all your games.
Well yeah, there are always outliers and hypothetical extremities.

Not mad in conjunction with watching us this season, we are complete turd.

Zed is not dead

They are all good enough, players and manager. They're gone toe to toe with some of the best team and beat them but can also look inept.

Who knows what it is that causes them to go from beating Barcelona to getting twatted by Bournemouth. Confidence? Belief? Clearly it's not ability, player or manager. Clearly it's not tactics as it's often individual errors costing us rather than a team collapse.

It's frustrating as hell and in some ways even more so after a performance like that.

One thing for sure is that he hasn't lost the players at all, there's coming back and winning as Jose did then there is playing like that and coming back to win.
The way I see it, confidence plays a major part in our performance.
Confidence in their own ability, but also confidence in the club’s project.
This team has been cruelly missing both.
Let’s hope that the takeover will help get some more clarity and confidence in the project, and that a few wins and good displays will boost the team’s confidence in playing their game.

Zed is not dead

Yeah the problem this season is that we didn’t draw a single game in the league, we either lose or win. That’s why the stat of a record of games lost is a bit misleading, because all the other league games have been won.

the_cliff

I think the next 2 games are key for him tbh.

Best case scenario is we beat Forest, Cas and Martinez are back for Spurs and we beat them. We're back in the top 4 race.
Worst case scenario is we lose both games, Martinez and Cas still aren't back and we're officially out of the top 4 race.

TheGame

I thought your posts defending Sancho are insane but this is even worse :houllier: :houllier: :houllier:

AndyMUFC

Tonight doesn't change much but for all their flaws, the players keep saving his job.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

What a load of absolute shite.

JagUTD

Well yeah, there are always outliers and hypothetical extremities.

Not mad in conjunction with watching us this season, we are complete turd.
Of course but as Zed says, the lack of draws means we've also won a fair number of games in the league which means we aren't down with the likes of Burnley but still in the mix for top 4.

No question were been very poor at times though but there's also context to that as well, though doesn't excuse it of course.