Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 666 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 816 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So so bad! Playing against a manager that’s been at spurs for halve a season and has them playing a decent way. No excuse!!

Fooza

He's regressed us, worst squad, no style of play. What's the point in keeping him? I'm tired of the injuries excuse.

It'll take another 3-5 years to get this team challenging when it should be a year, a new manager needs to replace most the team including most of EtH's signings.

PoTMS

Get rid of this cnut. Seriously. He's making me hate watching us. I'm tired of teams making us look like we're Port Vale.

SB16

Should be tried at the ICJ for crimes against defensive structure.

PoTMS

If Ratcliffe needs more games to see this guy isn't gonna cut it, he's just as clueless as the Glazers.

Telsim

Can someone explain how does Ange have Spurs pressing more effectively than us in a couple of months? I don't understand.

rajds89

Second best at home once again. Trust the process though right? He needs to go, you can’t convince me otherwise.

Atheist

35% possession at home. This guy is an embarrassment to the club but no doubt his cult will argue that was a wonderful performance.

Godfather

Can someone explain how does Ange have Spurs pressing more effectively than us in a couple of months? I don't understand.
Give him some time man!! Also we have 2 or 3 injuries don't forget that. Give him another 5 years and let's wait until each and everyone of our squad is fully fit. Just then we can really judge him

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The main issue I have with Ten Hag is that, fundamentally, we are no different than we were under Mourinho. We're at our best when we play on the counter or have room in behind. The team is no better at creating opportunities than it has been at any time since around 2016. At times Ten Hag's fingerprints can be seen in how we play. However, after 18 months you'd expect us to look better. I accept there are mitigating factors: The club has retained a lot of players who simply cannot play possession football. And yet...

RORY65

The season is a write off so the club might as well prioritise making the correct appointments above the manager so that they can be part of the decision-making team when it comes to picking a new manager which surely will be at the end of the season. The idea that a new structure will make a team with no midfield functional and will mask the fact that there's no clear evidence of coaching (we're dreadful at even basics that can be worked on like set plays) in the long run though is delusional.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Today was a great example at highlighting the difference in coaching quality. Spurs have 6 key players out due to internationals, the new players step in seamlessly and understand the system. With us: there is no system.

The problem with the "give Erik more time" concept, is what are we giving him more time for? Examples like Arteta do not work, because he was clearly trying to implement a style of play that would take time, and it was simply the results which hadn't come in those first two seasons.

With us, the results are terrible, and there is no evidence of what we are trying to build. It's not quite Ole ball as we still at least try to play out of the back now, but the level of control Spurs had was really dispiriting. And Ange has done this almost instantly.
Completely agree

Castia

There’s nothing creative on the ball, we rarely play 4-5 passes it’s always pick it up deep and try the killer pass. The amount of times we just give away the ball must be the highest in the league

Ceteris

The look of content on his face pisses me the hell off.

2 points dropped and he doesn't give a toss

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He does a shit job at coaching us in a weekly basis. The system that we play is shit, set pieces at both ends are relegation standard and that is 100% just a coaching thing, and he just is not able to coach us better than other coaches in the premier league. That's all there is to it.

Malone_Post

He’s absolutely clueless. We were a comfortably better team under Ole.

Anyone still supporting this is either an idiot, or just in complete denial.

ohhrooney

I am struggling to understand why and how people still have hope in Ten Hag? Ange has more of an identity with key players missing while we are busy trying to find another excuse to keep a miserable mid table manager who is as lucky as Antony to be associated with Manutd.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We have unprecedented, worst ever injury crisis while they do not have any issues with absentees.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
After the first half I foolishly thought today was going to be different. We're lucky to even get a point today at home against Tottenham "lads, it's Tottenham" Hotspur.

We're regularly conceding after scoring or at the start of a half. Aside from the mentality issues with that, why are we always tactically setting up in the same gung ho fashion during these moments instead of trying to stay compact for a while to try and control the pace of the game?!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
A few things we were reminded of again today:

- You don't need a billion dollars before you can implement your style of play.
- You don't need 5 years and a new squad of 25 players before you can mold a team in your vision.
- A few Injuries are a poor excuse for your team not being able to play your style of football.
- We have a total chancer incharge of our football team.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Erik is just using injuries as excuses to buy time for his eventual dismissal. This team can't score, can't defend, poor is defending set pieces, poor in scoring from set pieces, a frustrating captain, a tunnel vision left winger, a butter fingers goalkeeper. I really hope to see him sack as soon possible. I really don't know what him brings to United, we are a laughing stock. 400 million spend and we still need more. What a joke! This man deserve to be sack months ago.

GazTheLegend

35% possession at home. This guy is an embarrassment to the club but no doubt his cult will argue that was a wonderful performance.
Yeah it's not good is it. I like Ten Hag but it's hard to excuse us getting battered at OT on the regular after all that spending. Our players just look done with it all.